• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HRE NSX w/ 448R

Well, I finally got my car car setup with our wheels. It completely changes the car. I went w/ the 18/19 setup. I had to have the 448Rs w/ the brushed and cleared centers.

I also lowered it w/ Eibachs and Bilsteins. Oh man, they are cool. The car handles great and rides very well. I thought for sure w/ the 18/19 setup and lowering it would be a stiff ride but it's great. Also, the Pirelli PZero Rosso tires are killer. I love this setup.

Check it out.
http://geocities.com/nsxbyhre/Main.html

Enjoy.

Alan

------------------
Alan Peltier
Operations Manager
HRE Performance Wheels
[email protected]

'94 black/black NSX
HID - Autolamps
Wheels - HRE 448Rs - 18x8, 19x10
Tires - Pirelli PZero Rossos
Springs - Eibach ProKits
Shocks - Bilstein
Performance upgrades coming as soon as I can scrape up the cash! Donations much appreciated!!

Check out our website at http://www.hrewheels.com

[This message has been edited by apeltier (edited 22 February 2002).]

Alan, where did you get the HID kit? The wheels look nice. HRE was AWESOME to deal with. I got the 18x8 and 19x11's in the 547 on mine, love them I think i will try the new Rosso Perelli's, those or the S03's. I have a set of the new 305/25-19" Perelli's on backorder, just so if they ever do come in, i have a set.

Great photo! I assume you could see that great reflection off the fender at the time you were taking the photo...?

Is it just me? IMO, the wheels look too big.

I too have the HID's and love them.

[This message has been edited by ChopsJazz (edited 22 February 2002).]

Big thumbs up, Alan!

My guess is the pics do not do any justice and you need to see them in person. Thought of a drive to the Sacramento area anytime soon?

I take it this is the first 4-series HRE wheel built specifically for the NSX? What are the offsets? Are they 8/10"s?

97-T #009 @23K

They do look nice and shiney.

By the way Alan, you were going to make a customized HRE wheel for the NSX..... what happened to that project? And can the 547 be made to fit the NSX? I think they will look really sharp and get that natural ducting for the brakes .........

The 440R Series was not made specifically for the NSX. We're not currently working on anything specific for the NSX and I'm sorry if I gave that impression. All of our wheels, including the 440R Series and our 540 Series are cut to fit each vehicle (specific offsets and hub bores). The 547's do fit on NSX's and is probably the most common wheel we do for them.

For those of you that think the wheels are too big, we do make the 540 Series in 17/18 for the NSX. The 440R Series is only in 18 and 19. We don't currently offer the 440R Series in 17 inch.

FYI, I got my HID at Autolamps. I found the link here on NSX Prime. There is a really good thread going over all of the installation and everything.

Thanks,

Alan

Originally posted by ChopsJazz:
Is it just me? IMO, the wheels look too big.
B]

I am with you. I think 18/19 is a little overkill. Then again, what do I know... I still think the stock wheels look better than 95% of the aftermarket stuff I see.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

The 547's do fit on NSX's and is probably the most common wheel we do for them.

Thanks for the clarification Alan. Then how come those are not shown with the NSX on HRE's web?

Originally posted by Hrant:
The 547's do fit on NSX's and is probably the most common wheel we do for them.

Thanks for the clarification Alan. Then how come those are not shown with the NSX on HRE's web?

Perhaps because this is the most common wheel they do for the NSX, and not that the NSX is the car they most commonly put them on.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Perhaps because this is the most common wheel they do for the NSX, and not that the NSX is the car they most commonly put them on.

Say what Ken ........? Please simple English for those of us who are challenged ...... LOL!

I'm sorry. I need to be a little clearer about how HRE makes wheels. Since we're a 3-piece wheel manufacturer and the wheels are "built to order" we combine different size rim halfs and machine the centers specifically for each vehicle to get the desired fitment for that vehicle. Actually, we have several different fitments for each vehicle depending on customer requirements. Each of our 440R and 540 Series wheels are designed to be machined to fit just about everything. There are a few exceptions, but most don't apply to the NSX. We can fit any of the 440R or the 540 Series on the NSX. In 17/18 or 18/19. There are different fitments and some limitations but we usually have something to accomodate everyone.

Also, I have a link to our website but the website is currently being reworked and could be a little clearer, especially with the 440 Series. The 440 Series is now a 3-Piece wheel and we're calling it the 440R Series. The 2-Piece line was discontinued so that we could have a greater choice of rim selection and offer more fitments for more vehicles.

We are also about to release our new 2002 brochure. It's fantastic and should be available in a few weeks. It covers all of our product lines and options.

Sorry again for the confusion.

Alan

Oh! I was basing my response on what Alan had said. NOW I looked at the website and see what you mean. My bad.
pat.gif

Alan, if the 547 is the most common wheel you put on the NSX, why is it not one of the seven wheels you show on the NSX in the showroom on your website?

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 24 February 2002).]

As for the common wheel question, the NSX is not the most common vehicle we put wheels on. There just aren't that many NSX's out there unfortunately (or fortunately as I think owning one and unfortunately as I try to sell wheels for them). You are correct. As NSX sales go I'm thinking the 547 is our most common wheel sold, but I'm not 100% sure. It could easily be the 540 or even the 546 which seems to be very popular on NSX's.

As for the most common vehicles, as you can imagine, Corvette C5, Porsche, and Ferrari are much more common. There aren't tons of Ferrari owners out there either but we're a big part of that market. Where are you supposed to get wheels for your new 360 Modena or 550 Maranello? Call HRE.

I actually think the 440R Series is going to start being a very popular line as well but its so new the trends are hard to determine.

Alan

Our website is currently being redone from the ground up so expect a much more feature-rich site in the near future.

As for the showroom, you should be able to choose any of the 540 Series and put them on the NSX. It's honestly a little hard to really tell how they look on the showroom. If you're interested, email us and we'll email photos of actual NSX's with 547's.

Alan

Back