• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hugo's Window Upgrade Tour

So as of this point I can host an install at least one day on Saturday October 3rd. I'm in Kapolei at the Nahona II townhouses. Basically right in the middle of the residential area in Kapolei. Can I get an estimated head count for this particular Saturday Oct 3rd? Also, maybe we should set up a little pot luck for lunch as well.

Also, I just want everyone to be clear there is a cost involved with this. See Quote from Hugo below. Let's make this worth his while since a trip to Hawaii isn't cheap.

Prices for the installs are the same as my last regulator tours in 2010 and 2011: 200$ for a complete install with door card removal, or 125$ if you remove the door card yourself.
It does not include the 200$ window kit. This one can be purchased on the day of the install or on advance before my departure the July/10

See you all very soon!
Thank you NSXPRIME for hosting my tour
Hugo

Install Day for Sat Oct 3rd at Chris's House.
1)Chris (Me)

Last edited:
My work schedule is in flux but this seems like too rare an opportunity to miss, so I'll make it work. Count me in and please ask Hugo to bring a kit for me to purchase that day as well.

1)Chris (Me)
1)Jon

Hi Chris
Count me in for Saturday, October 3rd. I already purchased my kit, so I am just doing the $200 complete install.
As for the potluck, I can bring anything you want from town side. Just let me know if you want pupu style or entrees...
Thanks again, Chris, for being able to host this install party. We can actually go ahead and book this venue with Hugo now, I am stoked!

Last edited:
1)Chris (Me)
2)Jon
3)s2art

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Chris
Count me in for Saturday, October 3rd. I already purchased my kit, so I am just doing the $200 complete install.
As for the potluck, I can bring anything you want from town side. Just let me know if you want pupu style or entrees...
Thanks again, Chris, for being able to host this install party. We can actually go ahead and book this venue with Hugo now, I am stoked!

Go a head and confirm this with Hugo please. Also if you don't mind can you ask him if the window kits contain both the pulley's and the Teflon Guides, or just the Pulleys. If no Teflon Guides are included, does he still make them and can we still buy them. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm in, looking forward to it

Hey Chris...
I just opened up my Hugo Window Kit, that I purchased in March, and it comes with a pulley and the teflon guides for both sides. In my email to Hugo, I let him know that we have 4 confirmed installs already, you, Jon, Robert & myself, and we are set for an October 3rd, Saturday event at your townhouse. I also, told him if he could bring 3 kits with him. I am waiting for his response. I will keep you posted. Have a great week!
Stuart

- - - Updated - - -

This is the latest email I sent Hugo:

[h=2]Re: Window fix tour in Hawaii[/h]
Aloha Hugo!

We have organized an installation group for Saturday, October 3rd. We can do this at Chris K.'s townhouse, he has a 2 car garage that he has generously offered up for the installations. So far we have 4 people confirmed for this. They are:
1. Chris K.
2. Jon
3. Robert
4. Stuart
I already have purchased a window kit from you, but will need the $200 installation. The others are asking if you will be bringing extra kits? I assume we will need 3,, so far. This is the latest confirmed update from the island of Oahu. We will keep you posted or message anyone of us if you questions. We are keeping in touch with everyone through our thread. Thanks again, Hugo! And looking forward to seeing you on the island soon.

Stuart

Please include me in this as well. I will also need a kit.

1. Chris K.
2. Jon
3. Robert
4. Stuart
5. Fred (FF Drifter)

I'm happy to bring anything to the pot luck as well. Just gotta know what people are allergic to/prefer to eat.

I already PM'd him, but count me in for my driver's side window. I have a brand new window regulator sitting in a box waiting to do this. I already did my passenger's side a couple years ago. Definitely worth it. How do I reserve a spot?

I'm in

- - - Updated - - -

I too also need a kit

I already PM'd him, but count me in for my driver's side window. I have a brand new window regulator sitting in a box waiting to do this. I already did my passenger's side a couple years ago. Definitely worth it. How do I reserve a spot?

Sign up is right on this page. Technically we have two days. Sat Oct 3rd and Sun Oct 4th. I can host Sat Oct 3rd and this is the sign up for that day so far. I leave for the mainland on Monday Oct 5th, so I wanted Sunday free do to my packing and such. That said, if anyone else can host Sunday Oct 4th that would be good for those that may not be able to make Saturday at my house.

If we get everyone done on Saturday at my house, we just have to manage the cars since I don't have that much room in front of my garage. To speed up the process and to save some money we should all remove our door panels ahead of time. We can probably work on 1 car in the garage (The Install car), two in my driveway (To remove the regulators an prep the car for install), and probably one more car behind those two cars. As we finish one car we can rotate the cars in and out. If we have a lot of cars at once, some cars will probably have to park on the street until space becomes available. If you read some of the other install days threads, it looks like each car will take just about 1 hour or a little less.

At this current list, we probably could have 8 or 9 so far. I know of one other very interested via text and my brother if he can get his clutch master and slave fixed before then. That means a full 8-10 hour day so far.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Chris K.
2. Jon
3. Robert
4. Stuart
5. Fred (FF Drifter)
6. Noah (turbolence46)
7. Paul (bonhamsurf)
8. Ryan (DTR_Projekt)
9. Scott (Possible, but unconfirmed).

Last edited:
Is anyone that signed up open to do a Sunday 10/4/15 install? If we have 8-10 cars it will take about 8-10 hours at least. This might be a little too long of a day. I may be able to host it if absolutely needed, but hopefully someone else can provide some place. Any takers?

I think I can hold 4 cars reasonably well at my place for an install at a single time. 1 in the garage, and 3 can fit in my driveway although it will be a little tight and we have to position the cars right. We can do it in shifts. Install the first 4 cars, then move them out and install the next 4 cars. The estimate seems to be about an hour a car. Hopefully as the other cities do their installs we can get a better gauge on the install time.

If it helps, I have a driveway that can easily hold 3 cars at a time. I'm in Kaimuki if there's any days and/or people on this side.

Hey Paul...
Wow! I am in Kaimuki too! Palolo Valley to be exact. I would be down to do an install on this side too. Chris has been awesome in volunteering his garage for this shindig, and I have seen our list of installs grow. Chris' turnout looks like a whole day thing also, so if we could somehow get this to 2 separate days, we can let Chris get back to preparing for his vacation sooner. But we would have to see if Hugo can do another day of installations.
Stuart

Paul, that would be great if you could hold an install on Sunday if we need it. We still have some time, so I'll monitor the other cities install days and see if we can get a better idea on how long things take. Perhaps we can figure out a way to speed things up a little and if so maybe we can get all 8-10 cars done in one day. It would be nice to get together all at the same place as that should be fun though.

Chris, it would be super cool to see so many NSX owners in one place, but I also know you have a vacation planned, and if we can leave you some extra time to get packed up and ready, that would be nice for you and your family. Hell, even if we had another day of installs, I would want to drop by your place just to see and meet fellow NSX Primers from the 808. Keep us posted, Chris! Thank you!

MD/DC/VA just finished their install day. 13 NSXs showed up, 16 owners. They seemed to finish in a day just fine, including time for lunch at the hosting restaurant.

I'm also very willing to join in on any NSX owner gatherings. Chris and I have been meeting for lunch weekly as of recent; it'd be great to meet other folks too!

Ok, I have a friend flying in from the mainland from Sept. 30 to Oct 15th, we're planning our visit to the other islands, so let me just make sure that I'll be on the island when Hugo's here and if so, my driveway/house is available.

1. Chris K.
2. Jon
3. Robert
4. Stuart
5. Fred (FF Drifter)
6. Noah (turbolence46)
7. Paul (bonhamsurf)
8. Ryan (DTR_Projekt)
9. Scott (Possible, but unconfirmed).

Is this still accurate? Everyone still in? We are just about 4-5 weeks away. Stuart, are you still in contact with Hugo. I think we should find out where he will be staying and if he needs a ride down to my house on installation day.

Also I'm thinking of catering some food. Something simple like fried noodles (Chow Mein) chicken and whatever. How does that sound? For drinks I have water and coke. If you guys want anything else brink your own. LOL

I have a 10x10 pop up canopy I can use as well as one more if needed, but I'm also thinking of setting up my girlfriends 10X20 steel tube large canopy in my driveway. That should cover 2 cars.

I'm still in, I'll probably have my door panels already off to save us some time

Chris, I'm still in. If all Hugo's stuff can fit in an NSX, I will be happy to bring him from wherever he is on Oahu to your house in Kapolei.

Hi Chris, yes, I am still in also. Sorry, I been really busy at work this summer. I don't know where Hugo is staying. But I will shoot him an email and get back to you. Thanks again!

Is this still accurate? Everyone still in? We are just about 4-5 weeks away. Stuart, are you still in contact with Hugo. I think we should find out where he will be staying and if he needs a ride down to my house on installation day.

Also I'm thinking of catering some food. Something simple like fried noodles (Chow Mein) chicken and whatever. How does that sound? For drinks I have water and coke. If you guys want anything else brink your own. LOL

I have a 10x10 pop up canopy I can use as well as one more if needed, but I'm also thinking of setting up my girlfriends 10X20 steel tube large canopy in my driveway. That should cover 2 cars.

OK, so my car is totally down. Will not be running. I also am going to possibly be off the island at that time. I will know if I will be on Oahu before the end of this week. If I am on Oahu, are we still going to do some cars at my house? If so, what date?
Mahalo,

Back