• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hurricane Harvey.

To all my Houston friends/members. My thoughts are with you for the next few days. I hope Harvey leaves you all very minimal damage. I know Houston is known for its flooding. I wish you all well through this.

Stay safe out there in Beaumont as well David. Good to hear from you-

I have been to Houston and know how flood-prone it is with just a day of T-storms...but this is biblical:frown: hope all are well.

thanks, more rain is on the way. Pretty much Hunkering down, starting to have cabin fever :frown:

I doubt you guys in south Texas have power right now, but is everyone doing ok? I see terrible flooding on the news!
I hope everyone evacuated along with their prized nsx. Best wishes to you all.

At about 3 am the city of Beaumont lost it's pumps at the water station. The mayor is now saying up to a week before water is back. I got up at 3:30 and drove around till I could find a station with water. {$30.00 a case}. We had plenty but you just never know.
There were lines everywhere wanting bottled water. It is nearly impossible to get water right now {12.50pm}. We are still flooded in at most points leaving Beaumont. Fortunately I got no flood water in my home and we have power. It's not like we can jump to the next town/city and get supplies. The Military is here in force rescuing people. Helicopters are everywhere. Florida sent a huge caravan of fire dept units pulling rescue boats. Individuals from different cities are here with their personal boats/airboats doing search and rescue. It is overwhelming to say the least.

At about 3 am the city of Beaumont lost it's pumps at the water station. The mayor is now saying up to a week before water is back. I got up at 3:30 and drove around till I could find a station with water. {$30.00 a case}. We had plenty but you just never know.
There were lines everywhere wanting bottled water. It is nearly impossible to get water right now {12.50pm}. We are still flooded in at most points leaving Beaumont. Fortunately I got no flood water in my home and we have power. It's not like we can jump to the next town/city and get supplies. The Military is here in force rescuing people. Helicopters are everywhere. Florida sent a huge caravan of fire dept units pulling rescue boats. Individuals from different cities are here with their personal boats/airboats doing search and rescue. It is overwhelming to say the least.

Glad you're doing well through all of this.

David,

I'm glad your doing ok! Ive been helping some friends clean up their homes this past weekend and there are no words to describe what they are going through. People have hope due to the overwhelming support from locals and people across the nation. Thanks to everyone for their sentiments and support! If you need anything David let me know!

Thanks,
Dennis

Back