• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I feel so bad right now ...

L5

Registered Member
crashed my 95 NSX last weekend (please,please don't ask me any details). I am fine(walked away without even a bruise) but my NSX, with only 7k miles on it, will never be the same... BTW, the initial estimate from AAA (my insurance company) for repair is about $30-$35K.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate crash. It's more important that you walked away without any injuries, a car can always be repaired or replaced. Your NSX sacrificed it's life to save yours; maybe you can post some pictures if you don't mind. We're all on your side.

Please keep us updated on how your insurance company is handling the situation.

Sorry to hear that and glad you are OK, like the good Dr. points out the NSX becomes a secondary point.

Would like to hear about the speed / impact angle involved if you don't mind sharing.

L5,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I and several others here at NSX Prime remember trying to help you through the NSX search, find, purchase, and transport issues you had a few months back. What a shame!

I just now got back from a fast drive in my NSX, and again, I didn't pile it up. (I would be psychologically devastated). My 95 NSX-T, like yours, is essentially new, with only 8,900 miles. I certainly can imagine how badly you feel and what you're going through.

Although some would say it's just plain sick, my car feels to me like a very special part of my family, and my wife and son feel the same way. The car is perfect, reliable, friendly, and beautiful in so many ways. To loose it without warning, after poring into it so much personal time and money, can be really devastating. Many of us probably have this connection to the NSX, so we do understand.

So, eventually, when you're up to it, it might serve you well (catharsis) to tell us how it happened. Believe me, I'll be empathetic, and maybe we'll learn how to avoid the problem you faced.

Best Wishes,

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

Very sorry to hear about your car but glad to hear you are OK.

I know you weren't asking, but just FYI if the final repair estimate stays in the $35k range I would not be surprised if they totalled a '95.

That much damage indicates a very serious accident, so it really is great to hear you were not injured. I hope nobody else was either.

Originally posted by Lud:
I know you weren't asking, but just FYI if the final repair estimate stays in the $35k range I would not be surprised if they totalled a '95.
B]

Echoing the sentiments of others, glad to hear you are okay. With that said, you may not be ready to consider moving on. However, if insurance does total your car be sure to ask the insurance company how much you could purchase the totaled NSX from them, it will be pennies on the dollar. Depending on the accident and the amount of modifications on the totaled X, you could end up saving a lot of money if you chose to purchase another NSX and modify in similar ways.

------------------
Justin
'98 NSX-T Blk/Blk
o Comptech headers / exhaust / airbox
o Koni adjustable suspension w/Comptech springs and sway bars
o Volk TE-37 17/18” wheels

My condolences.....it is a tribute to how much of an emotional role these cars play in our lives by the absence of comments like "It's just a car"........it is a loss...but as with all the others, I too am glad that you are alive and well...and I am glad to hear you have AAA for insurance, as I have heard good things about them.

Best of luck....

I dont mean to be very unfeeling or very uncaring, but please make sure to post the VIN# in the totaled NSX section. I would hate to have someone buy that car from someone who tried to fix it up and pass it off as a car with a clean title.

And also my condolences for you car. I think I'd fall over and die if I wrecked my car. I am completely and utterly attached to my car.

------------------
'91 Black/Black #1213
Dali Clutch/Flywheel
Comptech Sway Bars
K&N Cone intake
Comptech/Supertrapp Exhaust

Sorry to hear about the NSX. I would push AAA to total the car. With that extensive damage, the car will never be whole, put back together as factory, and also will take quite a while to get done.

Remember that AAA is required to compensate for the vehicle's loss in value. Now that it is damaged, it will be worth less even if it is put together well.

-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Sorry about your accident, I sincerely hope everything works out for you.

As for the part I deleted....It's getting so you cant post anything without being attacked...

[This message has been edited by Craig (edited 09 February 2001).]

L5 - my condolences for your loss. My advice -- have AAA total it, take the money and put it down on an '01.

-Bob ('94 #496)

<small>EDIT: seems like you can't write anything without offending someone these days.</small>

[This message has been edited by flaminio (edited 12 February 2001).]

Sorry to hear about your NSX. I couldn't imagine knowing what you're currently going through. I curbed my NSX a few weeks ago but only did minor cosmetic damage and I'm still bumming about it. Best luck to ya.

Thanks, everybody, for your caring and touching responses. One of the reasons I enjoyed so much about NSX is this family of classy owners.
Sorry that I couldn't provide more details about the accident before the police report comes out. I am very grateful that my good friend NSX saved my life. No one else got hurt. The other party was driving a full size American car.
AAA is still working on the final estimate. I was told they may be willing to pay up to $45K for the repair. Should I push them to have it totalled?
Thank you again. I feel much better now.

Definitely Total it!!!! No one wants a repaired NSX..... You'll have another one in no time and we'll see your proud posts here again!! Turn it around in your mind and start to think of what color you want next, what options, what year (97+?), etc... this will train your mind to be excited again as you were right before you got the 95. Remember that feeling, was great, huh? Well now you have it again....
smile.gif

------------------
nsx_02.jpg

Todd Arnold
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Originally posted by L5:
I was told they may be willing to pay up to $45K for the repair. Should I push them to have it totalled?

yes. way too much damage.

------------------
Justin
'98 NSX-T Blk/Blk

Just got a notice from AAA that they are going to total the car and call me back about the replacement cost (they said between $47K and $57K). I am thinking of a 95 or 97 NSX-T now :)

L5, is it too early to ask what happened?

------------------
Justin
'98 NSX-T Blk/Blk

Hey L5,

Here we go again......., but you know how to do it better now.

There's a 95-T in Shelby, OH with only 5,987 miles, according to Autotrader (no price shown). They may have a good price, considering that Shelby is not exactly the world's epicenter for exotic sports cars and it's still the middle of a bad winter there.

Have a look or call. Isn't shopping fun? Keep us posted...

Best luck.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

[This message has been edited by NSXY (edited 13 February 2001).]

there are 2 for sale in my area (sacramento). one 95 (I think) supercharged - it was in e-bay. there was also a 99 white stock.

------------------
Justin
'98 NSX-T Blk/Blk

I wonder if I'm the only one who read the first post and started feeling bad, and then looked at the date... :redface:

Last edited:
DOCL isnt feeling well tonight but I am interested it what else he may bump from the past. maybe bump the old hot girls thread inless Lud deleted it I miss that thread

- - - Updated - - -

I actually went thru every post and saved everysingle picture as 99% of them were hot

Back