• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I have an idea why the Gen 2 isn't selling well

awesomeness.....acura is missing a big opportunity for interested potential customers...

awesomeness.....acura is missing a big opportunity for interested potential customers...

I feel this way too. There is SO much to appreciate about the car once you get to know it in depth. For example, here is a quote from the promotional book they handed out at The Quail:

"The more you can see, the faster you can go

...traditional manufacturing would produce thick, sight-blocking A-pillars. To meet all our targets of rigidity, safety performance, and visibility, we had to invent a completely new way of manufacturing an A-pillar, so we created a process never before used in the automotive world: three dimensional hot bending and quenching (3DQ)..
."

Now THAT captures the spirit of the original NSX and is a great example of why Acura/Honda is regarded as an engineering company.

Or here is another one from the same book:
"Ted Klaus said, 'The goal of the NSX is to get you through the corner quicker than any other car'"

Which to me is a key reason why I bought a NSX rather than following in the footsteps of the rest of my family and buying a corvette. The NSX doesn't really do straight lines and it appears that the second generation is following it its footsteps, which is why the HP numbers and figures really don't tell the whole story.

NSXPO is like a college course on the NSX - if you choose to embrace what it has to offer and who is in attendance.

I feel this way too. There is SO much to appreciate about the car once you get to know it in depth...

Or here is another one from the same book:
"Ted Klaus said, 'The goal of the NSX is to get you through the corner quicker than any other car'"

Which to me is a key reason why I bought a NSX rather than following in the footsteps of the rest of my family and buying a corvette. The NSX doesn't really do straight lines and it appears that the second generation is following it its footsteps, which is why the HP numbers and figures really don't tell the whole story.

Just curious. But do you now have a 2017+ NSX?

Just curious. But do you now have a 2017+ NSX?

Nope. Doesn't fit in to my life at the moment.

• I have a strict 1 car garage with no way to expand.
  • 90% of my driving is in a 7 mile radius through urban traffic
  • my county imposes a 5% tax on vehicle value every year, so a new NSX would cost me $7000 every year just to sit in my garage
  • Virginia traffic laws are very strict and annoying. I had a VERY costly ticket when shifting my 1st gen NSX from 2nd to 3rd that nearly put me in jail for the night and wreaked havoc on my insurance. In a Gen 2 that margin of error is just that much harder to avoid.

For where I live, I went with a slow cheap car and I am currently enjoying driving a very slow car fast rather than owning a very fast car that I would need to drive slow. As an added bonus, the county doesn't charge me any tax for this vehicle as they value it to the equivalence of a six pack of Budweiser.

20190715_192028773_iOS.jpg

Nice Prelude.

Nope. Doesn't fit in to my life at the moment.

• I have a strict 1 car garage with no way to expand.
  • 90% of my driving is in a 7 mile radius through urban traffic
  • my county imposes a 5% tax on vehicle value every year, so a new NSX would cost me $7000 every year just to sit in my garage
  • Virginia traffic laws are very strict and annoying. I had a VERY costly ticket when shifting my 1st gen NSX from 2nd to 3rd that nearly put me in jail for the night and wreaked havoc on my insurance. In a Gen 2 that margin of error is just that much harder to avoid.

For where I live, I went with a slow cheap car and I am currently enjoying driving a very slow car fast rather than owning a very fast car that I would need to drive slow. As an added bonus, the county doesn't charge me any tax for this vehicle as they value it to the equivalence of a six pack of Budweiser.

View attachment 162570

......and you live in a 1.2 million dollar house in Arlington.

That’s the rub around here: Housing is sooooo expensive, there’s little room left in the budget for expensive cars. Most guys I know who live in a detached dwelling home in Arlington, have about an $850,000.00 mortgage.

If if I had to chose between owning your home, and owning an NSX, I’d take the home. In other words, you’re a very smart man.

your lude replacement should be a ctr....having fun with mine

Back