• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I miss my NSX

Mine went away Thanksgiving weekend for a month-long turbo install.
I may see it again sometime in April. I may not.
I really, really miss it.

i feel ya... mine is getting paint work and i was forced to drive my Z instead... rich people problems. lol. :biggrin:

Courage the friend, is a bad time to spend, it's the same for me and many others, I do not drive with the NSX in winter because of the salt on the road (very bad for aluminium), I am without a car in November May (6 months) ... it's hard but I spend much time with her in the garage and I made ​​a beauty for the summer, it's as if I had a brand new car every year:biggrin:

^^ new or used? What year?

Yes! what year? I heard Chuckwalla is a nice track.
07. What is that a K6? I don't know my chassis numbers yet. I had a line on an 08 but that got swiped from right under me. Ended up finding a super cherry 07 in the valley. It's more bike than I can handle for a while but it sure is CHEAP modding this thing vs. the NSX lol

It already came with a Power Commander, adjustable shifter and racing pegs, and a Leo Vince slip-on. I'm set for a while! Now I just need to buy tires, race plastics, and tire warmers. I'm also thinking of picking up a 2nd set of leathers to go with my Sidis.

Sorry for the OT OP :redface: I couldn't help contain myself

Btw.. i heard the same on Chuckwalla. Real nice for riders and easy on tires

When I totaled all the mods I spent on my nsx, I thought I could have bought an 1199 or at least the new F3 MV agusta.

Good choice on the gsx-r.

07. What is that a K6? I don't know my chassis numbers yet. I had a line on an 08 but that got swiped from right under me. Ended up finding a super cherry 07 in the valley. It's more bike than I can handle for a while but it sure is CHEAP modding this thing vs. the NSX lol

It already came with a Power Commander, adjustable shifter and racing pegs, and a Leo Vince slip-on. I'm set for a while! Now I just need to buy tires, race plastics, and tire warmers. I'm also thinking of picking up a 2nd set of leathers to go with my Sidis.

Sorry for the OT OP :redface: I couldn't help contain myself

Btw.. i heard the same on Chuckwalla. Real nice for riders and easy on tires

Sweet, you got the best year. The 07 allows you to unbolt the cat...the 08 has the cat welded on. I believe its still a K chassis so it would be a K7. Mine is a K8.

There are lots of good deals on tires right now. Around $289 for a set of Michelins pure powers.

Read this - man that sucks. Someone using Prime to scam??? I wonder. This sounds mighty shaky to me- a disassembled car - why would you want that? I don't get it but it surely sounds suspicous.

Yea, so be glad you at least still have your car! Oh and it will be faster - so what made you go turbo charger rather than SC? Is it easier to adjust the computer?

When I totaled all the mods I spent on my nsx, I thought I could have bought an 1199 or at least the new F3 MV agusta.

Good choice on the gsx-r.
Amen brother. Sometimes I forget how much more expensive the NSX is to enjoy. The bike has been a refreshing "back to basics" learning experience.

Thanks for the reassurance. I've been a Honda guy for several years so it was especially difficult not to get a CBR600RR.. Like really hard. But with a OEM slipper clutch, steering stabilizer, and a gear indicator the GSXR makes it sort of a no brainer.
Sweet, you got the best year. The 07 allows you to unbolt the cat...the 08 has the cat welded on. I believe its still a K chassis so it would be a K7. Mine is a K8.

There are lots of good deals on tires right now. Around $289 for a set of Michelins pure powers.
Oh, nice. I was getting a bit of buyer's remorse not waiting for the 08. It has that selectable power map option but I hear not many people actually use it. I just jump on the thing and all remorse is quickly forgotten :)

Michelin PPs or the Dunlop Q2s... I can't decide!

curtsr - You need to get a bike. It will temporarily quench whatever desires you have for the NSX. Well at least for a short while!

Amen brother. Sometimes I forget how much more expensive the NSX is to enjoy. The bike has been a refreshing "back to basics" learning experience.

Thanks for the reassurance. I've been a Honda guy for several years so it was especially difficult not to get a CBR600RR.. Like really hard. But with a OEM slipper clutch, steering stabilizer, and a gear indicator the GSXR makes it sort of a no brainer.

Oh, nice. I was getting a bit of buyer's remorse not waiting for the 08. It has that selectable power map option but I hear not many people actually use it. I just jump on the thing and all remorse is quickly forgotten :)

Michelin PPs or the Dunlop Q2s... I can't decide!

curtsr - You need to get a bike. It will temporarily quench whatever desires you have for the NSX. Well at least for a short while!

+1 Bikes are so much fun and super cheap to buy..and that power!

I have yet to use the selectable power map. You won't miss it.
Either tires are probably just as good. I have the PPs.

I miss mine also, but I try to distract myself with other toys.

Nice boat D! I am very blessed, have other toys, a business and three great sons to distract me. I have been riding my CBR900RR lots more and didn't want to come off whiny.

I needed to say that I miss my NSX out loud in the hopes that it might be cathartic. I was just sharing my sentiment with guys that would understand, either from their build issues that turned challenging or with guys like me that simply love seeing theirs in the garage as much as I do.

I miss that probably as much as driving it, especially tuck-in...

Yea, so be glad you at least still have your car! Oh and it will be faster - so what made you go turbo charger rather than SC? Is it easier to adjust the computer?

I don't feel like I still have my car- that's the problem. I haven't seen it in 4 months and for all I know Somali pirates might have it by now. I wanted to go a faster for sure but and in the process wanted to help someone with aspirations to participate in a world famous racing event to realize their dream too.

Nice boat D! I am very blessed, have other toys, a business and three great sons to distract me. I have been riding my CBR900RR lots more and didn't want to come off whiny.

I needed to say that I miss my NSX out loud in the hopes that it might be cathartic. I was just sharing my sentiment with guys that would understand, either from their build issues that turned challenging or with guys like me that simply love seeing theirs in the garage as much as I do.

I don't feel like I still have my car- that's the problem. I haven't seen it in 4 months and for all I know Somali pirates might have it by now. I wanted to go a faster for sure but and in the process wanted to help someone with aspirations to participate in a world famous racing event to realize their dream too.

Thanks! Thats cool that you have a bike also. A 900 to boot...nice!

Thanks! Thats cool that you have a bike also. A 900 to boot...nice!
oh no.. don't get me talking about boats. I use to work on Hallett Boats back in HS (a looong time ago) so i'm picking up a 210 V Bottom Open bow when the right deal comes around.

oh no.. don't get me talking about boats. I use to work on Hallett Boats back in HS (a looong time ago) so i'm picking up a 210 V Bottom Open bow when the right deal comes around.

Where will you dunk it? Castaic maybe? Pyramid? My neighbor takes his boat all the way to Silverwood.

I store mine near Parker Az and use it on Parker Strip, Havasu and Mohave mostly. A 12x30 high bay garage is only $65 a month out there.

...I don't feel like I still have my car- that's the problem. I haven't seen it in 4 months and for all I know Somali pirates might have it by now. I wanted to go a faster for sure but and in the process wanted to help someone with aspirations to participate in a world famous racing event to realize their dream too.

I will ask...do you know why a 'month long' installation is now into its 5th month? Have you gone to see your car to see what's up? Sorry...I trust nobody...especially when the timetable is blown by that much.

I will ask...do you know why a 'month long' installation is now into its 5th month? Have you gone to see your car to see what's up? Sorry...I trust nobody...especially when the timetable is blown by that much.

There's a good reason for the build to be stretched from a one-month turbo install to a 2 month long block build/ turbo install but no acceptable reason for it to get dragged out this far, no.

However, the builder has completed moving his business into a new shop and procured and installed a dyno in the interim. His business has experienced significant improvement since I paid in advance and my build began.

:mad:

There's a good reason for the build to be stretched from a one-month turbo install to a 2 month long block build/ turbo install but no acceptable reason for it to get dragged out this far, no.

However, the builder has completed moving his business into a new shop and procured and installed a dyno in the interim. His business has experienced significant improvement since I paid in advance and my build began.

:mad:

....sooooo....at what point do you either get your car back or sue the bastard?

Keep in mind Hennessy Motorsports became notorious for parting out customer cars (Vipers) in order to pay their bills and 'rob Peter to pay Paul'. You may want to make sure your car is still in one piece.

Last edited:
Back