• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I want to learn to act when im not fighting.

hey guys im good friends with the good guy sugar shane mosley. i have been to his home many of times and met alot of nice people. i also met larenz tate who played in movies dead presidents, love jones etc.. i will be fighting again on his undercard in october 11th comming up in los angelos against ricardo myorga. im 2-0 so far and from new jersey. i like laughing and joking (even do it while im fighting) i was wondering if any of you guys have any connections? i really wanna be in a movie. i last spoke to larenz and he told me the next time i come out to cali to tell shane to lets hook up and we can go from there (as far as movies). just trying to take advantage of the off time i have for now.:cool:

Last edited:
Education would be the best investment in your future for the time and effort. The number of people who actually make real money in professional sports is insignificant. Take the sure thing.

So you like to fight and want to act? Join the Army or the Marines, plenty of fighting and plenty of acting like you actually respect the numbnuts butter bar fresh out of bumfuck ohio ROTC with 0 real life experience.

So you like to fight and want to act? Join the Army or the Marines, plenty of fighting and plenty of acting like you actually respect the numbnuts butter bar fresh out of bumfuck ohio ROTC with 0 real life experience.

Hey THAT'S offensive. :biggrin::tongue: It's middle of nowhere TENNESSEE not OHIO.

I think the only small part in a movie that nsxprime could hook you up with is nsx gone wild part deux:wink: In all seriousness You would have a better shot at acting if you press your friends you mention.Plus learning the craft of acting at a school/workshop might help.Today though the most popular method of adulation for celebrity wanabes is reality TV of which there are a plethera.

Last edited by banditt; 07-04-2008 at 19:33. Reason: errors

LOL, yeah it's error-free now. I shudder to think how the unedited version read.

Get edumacated first. You'll find the rest of your life will flow much more easily with a proper education.

sounds like pro wrestling might be a way
  • you get to act like your fighting
  • you get to stay in shape (sort of) - not as "regulated"
  • you can make some money - either as a good buy or bad guy (or flip-flop)
  • can lead to full-time acting - where you can play a fighter, or Marine, or ??
  • you can parlay it into a political career
  • writing skills are not required
Jesse Ventura and Hulk Hogan are old/tired/bald/soft - need new blood in that game :rolleyes:

My recommendation is to just focus on the boxing, and let your personality reflect in your pre/post-fight interviews, press conferences, and any other appearances. As a former fighter, I know how hard it is to get good relationships, good fights, and good pay. You don't want to screw that chasing rainbows in Hollywood.

This might sound harsh but simply because you think that you're funny, does not mean that you could or would be good in movies or television. Neither does knowing Larenz Tate. There are thousands of funny people out here. There are thousands of classically trained actors with graduate degrees in theater, acting, and performance art, and most of them are waiting tables.

Focus on what you're good at and if it's meant to be, the acting opportunity will present itself. You are 2-0, on a major undercard, with connections/friends in the business, and I am guessing good pay. That's where my focus would be.

Hey THAT'S offensive. :biggrin::tongue: It's middle of nowhere TENNESSEE not OHIO.

Ummmm.....you're not trying to be a pilot are you?? They *might* have a problem with that if they find out you wrecked a high end sports car the first day you had it :rolleyes: Don't feel bad, I had a buddy who was about to graduate and go off to Ft. Benning for ranger school so he bought himself a 'vette. Promptly rolled it.................in a parking lot.

Ummmm.....you're not trying to be a pilot are you?? They *might* have a problem with that if they find out you wrecked a high end sports car the first day you had it :rolleyes: Don't feel bad, I had a buddy who was about to graduate and go off to Ft. Benning for ranger school so he bought himself a 'vette. Promptly rolled it.................in a parking lot.

They can see the report if they wish and make the judgment for themselves. Since you've been fond of looking up information on me, you've no doubt also seen the thread ( and should reference it ) in which I explained the incident you cite. Via this situation, I've become painfully aware of those who understand, and those who haven't a clue as to what occurred and will hold a bias regardless of circumstances. HQ USAF AETC already has the paperwork. :rolleyes: You don't think pilots have mishaps? Ask them how they got their callsign.

However, I do believe our conversation has ended as my attempt at somehow finding common ground has come back in malicious cynicism. You have already been set in your ways. :frown:

Let's get back to the topic at hand.

If you're making good money fighting, why risk it by making a career change?
The change I would advocate would be going back to school, but other than that, do what you do best and get paid for what you love to do.

Last edited:
What is this thread about?:confused::confused:

They can see the report if they wish and make the judgment for themselves. Since you've been fond of looking up information on me, you've no doubt also seen the thread ( and should reference it ) in which I explained the incident you cite. Via this situation, I've become painfully aware of those who understand, and those who haven't a clue as to what occurred and will hold a bias regardless of circumstances. HQ USAF AETC already has the paperwork. :rolleyes: You don't think pilots have mishaps? Ask them how they got their callsign.

However, I do believe our conversation has ended as my attempt at somehow finding common ground has come back in malicious cynicism. You have already been set in your ways. :frown:

Let's get back to the topic at hand.

If you're making good money fighting, why risk it by making a career change?
The change I would advocate would be going back to school, but other than that, do what you do best and get paid for what you love to do.

Calm down skippy, it was a joke. I lived down by Moody AFB for quite a while during the days that they actually trained pilots there and was friends with quite a few pilots. A lot of them were actually the worst drivers I've ever met. The point is, everyone makes mistakes or has lapses in judgement........even pilots, though most of them won't EVER admit it. :rolleyes: Good luck, be safe. Hell you can't be that bad of a driver, all the really bad one's live in Ohio and vacation on HHI :mad:

OP: have you ever thought of going into politics??

Back