• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

id4 Instrument Cluster Kit - now with support for OEM ECU!

We are happy to announce our next innovation for the NSX community - our complete all-inclusive id4 digital gauge cluster kit! :)

1B2A4149_no_cables.JPG1B2A4152_no_cables.JPG1B2A4185.JPG1B2A4112.JPG

This Plug&Play kit includes everything required for installing the absolutely stunning and impressive Full-HD id4 S2000-skinned digital LCD cluster from ID4Motion into the first generation NSX (1991-2005 year models). An NSX spec id4 cluster is included, complete with a custom NSX splash screen and optional software support for aftermarket EMS’s and backup cameras. The id4 instrument cluster supports 11 additional ECU provided sensor data via CANBUS:
  • Fuel pressure
  • Coolant temp
  • Intake temp
  • Intake pressure
  • Mass airflow
  • Oil pressure
  • Oil temperature
  • Transmission temperature
  • Ethanol content
  • Lambda 1
  • Lambda 2
  • AFR 1
  • AFR 2
Includes our high performance pre-preg carbon fiber trim plate, anti-glare lens, 3D-printed mounting brackets and screws.

The kit has been specifically developed for the NSX from the bottoms up with a purely bespoke design and selected components
  • Custom NSX spec id4 S2000-skinned digital gauge cluster from Dutch manufacturer ID4Motion. Switch between AP1, AP2 and AP2 Club Racer skins and customize the color setup using a push of a button (keypad included in the kit). The id4 cluster can be supplied with optional support for CANBUS-enabled aftermarket EMS’s and backup cameras.
  • Automotive grade components in critical circuitry to provide the top quality and endurance required by automotive applications
  • Professionally manufactured PCB’s for reliability and consistency in quality
  • OEM connectors from Japan for a 100 % compatibility with your NSX and a Plug & Play solution
  • Industry standard 3D-printed encasings specifically designed for the cluster housing environment in the NSX
  • Custom made wire harness using OEM connectors and crimps from Japan
  • Full functionality of all lights and gauges
  • Each kit is individually tested to ensure 100 % functionality and quality upon dispatch
  • Delivers in a professional, foam filled case to ensure a safe transportation to your destination

Last edited:
[MENTION=31913]Johan@SjoebergDP[/MENTION] - When I saw the ID4 was finally released last year I was tempted to ask you about it. I didn't want to spend the money so I tried very hard to not email you LOL

Now that you beat me to it I have no choice hahaha

Can the ID4 display be somewhat customizable? For example, I have CAN data to import from an AEM Infinity ECU. It would be great to show those data points. Any samples of how these data points would be displayed?

Last edited:
Hello RYO! I'm happy to be a step ahead of you :)

And yes, the id4 is customizable and the user can display ECU/CAN supplied data for up to 11 additional sensor logs as optional inputs, besides the tacho, speedo, engine temp, fuel gauge, warning lights etc:

Fuel pressure
Coolant temp
Intake temp
Intake pressure
Mass airflow
Oil pressure
Oil temperature
Transmission temperature
Ethanol content
Lambda 1
Lambda 2

The id4 that is supplied in our kits is fully compatible with the AEM Infinity ECU, and the wire harness already has a CAN-connector ready to hook up P&P to the AEM.

Just let me know if you'd like more information on these features, or if you have any other questions. As always, I'm here to service the community :)

Cheers,
Johan

@Johan@SjoebergDP - When I saw the ID4 was finally released last year I was tempted to ask you about it. I didn't want to spend the money so I tried very hard to not email you LOL

Now that you beat me to it I have no choice hahaha

Can the ID4 display be somewhat customizable? For example, I have CAN data to import from an AEM Infinity ECU. It would be great to show those data points. Any samples of how these data points would be displayed?

This will be dangerous for my pocket book. I got caught up with ID4's progress! They've been busy!

I couldn't find any sample screenshots of the CANBUS display format.

Also, is it possible to get rid of the S2K bezel so we can use more display area of the rectangular screen?

Hello RYO! I'm happy to be a step ahead of you :)

And yes, the id4 is customizable and the user can display ECU/CAN supplied data for up to 11 additional sensor logs as optional inputs, besides the tacho, speedo, engine temp, fuel gauge, warning lights etc:

Fuel pressure
Coolant temp
Intake temp
Intake pressure
Mass airflow
Oil pressure
Oil temperature
Transmission temperature
Ethanol content
Lambda 1
Lambda 2

The id4 that is supplied in our kits is fully compatible with the AEM Infinity ECU, and the wire harness already has a CAN-connector ready to hook up P&P to the AEM.

Just let me know if you'd like more information on these features, or if you have any other questions. As always, I'm here to service the community :)

Cheers,
Johan

Indeed! Here are the available slots for displaying optional data:

optional_inputs.PNG

The carbon fiber bezel/trim has been designed to allow maximum use of the available graphics of the id4 S2000 cluster. You can select AP1, AP2 and AP2 Club Racer skins (as well as choose from a range of color themes).

This will be dangerous for my pocket book. I got caught up with ID4's progress! They've been busy!

I couldn't find any sample screenshots of the CANBUS display format.

Also, is it possible to get rid of the S2K bezel so we can use more display area of the rectangular screen?

Thanks for that! Very helpful.

I'm not sure how plausible this is and how much development time it would take but since we now have the option to design a custom NSX style gauge (not something that looks like it was built for the S2K), is that something you would consider developing? For example, ID4 has made quite a nice setup for the BMWs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEdX3Szp9wc

Indeed! Here are the available slots for displaying optional data:

View attachment 173990

The carbon fiber bezel/trim has been designed to allow maximum use of the available graphics of the id4 S2000 cluster. You can select AP1, AP2 and AP2 Club Racer skins (as well as choose from a range of color themes).

You're welcome! Send me a pm and we can work out a configuration for you :smile:

With technology anything is in principle possible. However from both our and Id4motion's perspective there's also a business strategy. The NSX aftermarket for solutions like this is small, and there are no plans to develop other gauge styles.

Cheers,
Johan

Thanks for that! Very helpful.

I'm not sure how plausible this is and how much development time it would take but since we now have the option to design a custom NSX style gauge (not something that looks like it was built for the S2K), is that something you would consider developing? For example, ID4 has made quite a nice setup for the BMWs.

You're welcome! Send me a pm and we can work out a configuration for you 😄

With technology anything is in principle possible. However from both our and Id4motion's perspective there's also a business strategy. The NSX aftermarket for solutions like this is small, and there are no plans to develop other gauge styles.

Cheers,
Johan

+1 to Ryu's comment - I'd love to see other gauge styles. Is there any way to make OEM style gauges happen with a group buy?

I don't mean to take away from this thread's offering - i'm thankful that it's even an option!

+1 to Ryu's comment - I'd love to see other gauge styles. Is there any way to make OEM style gauges happen with a group buy?

I don't mean to take away from this thread's offering - i'm thankful that it's even an option!
Hello!

There are so many ideas and with this technology nothing is really impossible. We are in the process of building a market for the vendor (Id4motion) now to prove to them that there's a market within our community for their solutions. What comes next we'll see but there are no plans at the moment to design a new specific skin for the NSX.

Kind regards,
Johan

Just took delivery of the latest revision of our "Ghost integration" screens for our Id4 Plug & Play installation kits!
🙂
These feature a higher brightness and much improved anti-glare surface treatment that our development versions. Now available to order with our Id4 kits!

Use code NYSALE23 for a 15 % special discount, valid until January 8th!

View attachment 20230104_151111.mp4

1B2A4163_no_cables.JPG

OEM ECU support of our id4 clusters is on the way!

We are looking for someone who'd like to do some "beta" road testing for us, and in exchange will enjoy a significant "beta tester" discount on the kit. We have a kit available for immediate dispatch! Requirements:

• 1991-1994 NSX, OEM ECU on C30 engine
  • Install and test kit ASAP after taking delivery
  • Willing to spend 1-2 hours of your time for the job
Send us an email at [email protected] if you're up for it. First come = first serve!

OEM ECU support now finally available for our Id4 digital instrument cluster kits!
🙂

Use code OEMLAUNCH23 on checkout to claim $150 off the total. Valid for the first batch only! We need at least 6 people onboard for the first batch to get this on the tracks.

ETA circa 4 weeks.

https://www.sjoebergdesign.com/id4-kits/id4-instrument-cluster-kit

Great news, we've secured enough orders for the first batch so this ball is rolling! There are still spots open, don't miss out on our campaign. Use code OEMLAUNCH23 to claim a $150 off your total.

PS: Got an aftermarket EMS? You're welcome to use the code above too :)

Back