• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Idle air control valve discontinued

Update: I took out the idle air control screw and cleaned it with throttle body cleaner. I also shot some cleaner into the hole it was in as per one of LarryB's posts.

Today I detached the IACV and blasted the hole + filter with cleaner. It was caked in soot. I guess this is what I get for having my car tuned rich...

I shot some cleaner into the IACV but didn't really use anything to scrub out the inside. It was hard to reach. Even getting the darn thing off (2 12 mm bolts) was a pain with my strut bar in the way. I had to use wobbly extensions and a 12V impact. Anyway, you can see from the pics how black everything was.

y4mAMwY3Jx_ThaFGi_yx8GTs0d3tZSQ0ZftXesXvPqO-uUspzdj8nap7OkamBUq_UPYLvsoUizbW6Q3SzkZSDLZIbcLHInxPu96ykUtUrtQIMTZaP6RFM9_BzBoZ-1guIRFAxtuEBOTNyaqZcbUDejYiMp3dqWscpJJEEfuDFdIZ4rG9ntc4LwlEjzJ-AIh_ftqcy177UtWE4TqJLIDQ1GPmg

y4mpnAvM_Hzf7zvp-HPxdoRyQX7CQJT5a4PGLHDX22X8NVGioi51WaoYRqrXwGhlJ8y8hEKfmJnGGx3_zDPIPG-mD_WMLmgO3UeIKxkZGuApffVUInt5xZd99ggV2su88kqTnxGndJDEV9WUypggkv2ET9UaHPAC6NdCxMCy0OyirZ0Rkz8_QBoondjo80RZCJdVgVSXvvxLRDdjQXJ82LyBw

In the end the only real difference I feel like I made was cleaning out that filter. Hopefully I didn't wake up my neighbors using an impact gun at midnight...

Back