• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If you live in Calif I hope this doesn't affect you.

You got to have that done 2x a year and deal with the homeless setting up camp and pooping on your front lawn. Nah I’m good worst I got to deal with is massively oppressive taxes. At least I can enjoy my sports car the way I want for now.

So who’s selling those turbo kits cheap, trade you the stuff you need to drive your cars without getting impounded.

Whoever's effected have this sorted already. 95+ OBD2 cars on aftermarket brains have had to deal with CARB for a long time. This affects home flashers, think Subarus, BMW, Audi and co.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Some more info:

Department of Justice
consent decree states: "According to the schedule outlined in this Paragraph, Defendants shall not manufacture, offer for sale, sell, convey, or otherwise transfer any product intended for use on vehicles of model years 2000 and newer that contains user-adjustable features for the following: rear oxygen sensors, EGR, or any DTCs associated with these emission controls. Defendants shall remove these user-adjustable features from any of its Calibrations intended for use on vehicles of model years 2000 and newer prior to sale by the following dates: no later than June 1, 2019, for all of their Calibrations compatible with any Ford vehicles; no later than December 1, 2019, for all of their Calibrations compatible with any General Motor (GM) vehicles; and no later than August 1, 2020, for all of their Calibrations compatible with any other vehicles."

No more turning off sensors!

2000 and newer? Well hopefully my 2004 with CTSC still gets by with the CARB exempt SC. :)

Never know..... Someone in Cali might want to own it one day. :)

Back