• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ignition upgrade kit - Stronger & faster spark control- A.S. Motorsport

Will these help performance with my car? I have a single turbo with flex fuel. During tuning on E85 we could barely make 800whp due the OEM coils. My tuner said if I could find coils that could handle stronger power, we'd make another 100whp or so. Will these coils fix the issue with OEM coils ha where eliminating power.
Absolutely, this exactly why these where made and we have tested these on high boost NSX's and successfully remedied the coil issues of the OE units

I have installed these on my lovefab nsx using aem ems series 30-1040. The car misfires at low rpm after it warms up. No issues at starting. The vendor is helping diagnose the problem now. Any comments and suggestions will be welcomed.

Your Dwell vs RPM Table is too high ( 175 ) It shoud be Flat 100 . Your Dwell vs Battery volts is close OK . But Chance 6 volt value to 70-75 % 12 value to 50 % and 16 to 37 ..make it nice using
Craph table. It shoud work . No you are heating up your series one driver.

It shoud help

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. However, even with the net settings the same problem exists. The engine misfires at low rpm after it has been running for 5 minutes.

Would really appreciate further suggestions. The vendor also cant figure out how to solve this problem.

What is your coil charge time at screen ? It shoud be under 2 ms ! Play Dwell / RPM values+Dwell BAT values . If this dont help it woud not work with AEM series one Waste Spark system.

What is your coil charge time at screen ? It shoud be under 2 ms ! Play Dwell / RPM values+Dwell BAT values . If this dont help it woud not work with AEM series one Waste Spark system.

will double check on these numbers. TIA

Anyone has this coil on turbo nsx with aem ems 30-1040? Would appreciate it if you could email me the base map at [email protected]. TIA

It sounds like a tuning issue, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a bad ground. Were the new grounds cleaned thoroughly? Aren't the 30-1042's very sensitive to ground issues in the NSX?

Last edited:
Back