• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Im in love w/ the NSX to my surprise

shaddap Wallkisser.

Just get the NSX and you won't regret it. May not have the monster torque in the Viper, but comparing the two cars is like apples and oranges. Another buddy told me that the NSX is like a rapier. sharp fast and makes quick cuts. The viper and the supra are like a broad sword. A bit heavier and is known more for the raw power to hack away at enemies. I thought that was a great description for the NSX. Just make sure it's in good condition.

There is another black nsx that was on sale on craig's. Both cars were up for a long period of time then removed then up again. Good luck.

oh that 1prcnt guy, he has it at 35k now.

both cars are under 40k and supercharged..

which makes me think..there's a black 2002 on autotrader with 80k miles for 44k. i think i'd get that one instead =)

80K miles is way to much..

Realistically whats better.... a 95 with 60K miles or a 02 with 80K miles from a resale POV...

No body is gonna want to touch a 2002 w/ 80K miles...The mileage kinda ruins the whole exotic car effect...

Especially when you can buy a lighter 2001 for the same price with less than 50K miles on the odo and just do the conversion...

well according to kbb, a 95 with 60k miles is in the high 30s (suggested value)

a 2002 with higher miles at 80k, is blue booked at high 40s.

we all know that nobody really goes by kbb with nsxs here haha, but that's just what it is on paper.

now if you compare two real for sale cars, the 2002 at 44k is a tad bit more than the 36k for a 1995, personally i think even with the higher mileage, the fresh updated look of the 02+ would prevail. not to mention displacement/hp/tq, etc. now if you were talking about a 97, that's a diff. story...lol

now that's just my personal opinion. people are buying 1991 nsxs for 30k, and 70k miles on the odo...why not just pay 14k more for a 2002 with similar mileage. sure, it does ruin the whole "exotic" car effect. but imo, the nsx should be driven, not kept in a garage. enzo ferrari got irritated at the fact people would "save" their ferraris, he built them to be driven...i'm assuming shochiro honda would be the same as he was an avid racer

btw, if you ever seen the work needed to do a face lift on a nsx, it's not just a simple bolt on affair =P

Well lets put it like this....

A stock 95 w/ 60K miles for 36K VS a stock 2002 02 w/ 80K miles for 44K and Id take the 02 all day....

But the 95 in question has the CTSC and carbon fiber/lexan rear glass ( wich to me is a killer lookin set up) as well as the nav pod ect.

In this particular case I think the 95 is the better deal....

Ive personally talked to the man selling the 02 for 44 K...He speaks very little english and seems to be a 70 year old asian man..

Who ever tries to buy this car in Hawaii and have it shipped to them is in for a real challangee dealig with him...He wasnt even able to tell me if he's close to the bay area ( matson)

Ive personally talked to the man selling the 02 for 44 K...He speaks very little english and seems to be a 70 year old asian man..

I too have called and spoken with this person. He seemed hesitant to answer some basic maintenance and accident history questions. Although it could be the language barrier, I felt otherwise.

As the old cliché somewhat goes, if the KBB price on an NSX sounds too good to be true...

A stock 95 w/ 60K miles for 36K VS a stock 2002 02 w/ 80K miles for 44K and Id take the 02 all day....

But the 95 in question has the CTSC and carbon fiber/lexan rear glass ( wich to me is a killer lookin set up) as well as the nav pod ect.

Who ever tries to buy this car in Hawaii and have it shipped to them is in for a real challangee dealig with him...He wasnt even able to tell me if he's close to the bay area ( matson)

the hatch is stock, the engine cover is cantrell concepts. i guess yer looking at mods on the car as a selling point. yes, the ctsc is nice and all, but i'd rather take a nsx that is a lil bit more stock/oem cleaner side. i just hope the guy beat the car to shit when he raced all those lambos and ferraris as he claims :tongue:

haha i wonder what kind of asian, i can call up some fobby people to translate lol..

So I read on a local Hawaii car forum you were about ready to pick this car up. Did you do it? I'm eager to get another NSX. I miss my old 92 so much:frown:

PS. Anyone have any info on the red 91 at Autosource? Red is not my top choice, but what the hell. For the right price I'd roll in it :)

u don't want that one chris, rimma brayden picked that one up from a seller on craigslist for like 26k a lil ways back and jacked up the price, i remembered the foose rims...

Back