• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

iMac 24" 3.06 GHz

I have always been a PC user but last October made the gigantic mistake of buying a Dell with Vista. I have hated it ever since and Dell said "tuff". I just got my new iMac and absolutely love the thing.
I have a best friend who has been trying to get me to switch to Mac for 10 years but I resisted walking into the light until just recently.
I began to consider an iMac after getting my iPhone and seeing how simple it was to use and understand. I am happy to report the iMac is just the same. First computer I have ever bought, and I have probably purchased about 10 over the past 15 years, that just did everything correctly as soon as I turned it on.
Oh, need I add that I will never purchase another Dell machine? Never.

What kind of deal & upgrades did you get? I built one online the other day & $2500 came up really fast.

I actually got the 24" top of the line that you would get if you walked into the Apple store with their Apple Care program -total delivered to my door was just over $2K, normally that would have run about $2.5K I had a connection with Apple and got the employee discount. So I am very happy with the purchase and the price.
I know there are a lot of upgrades one can add on the machine, I did not believe I needed them for the types of programs I use.

l_3fb777e067b2e7140ae9bfb35204587c.jpg

Welcome to the world of efficient computing. Enjoy.

I made the switch to Mac last December when my 10th PC crashed. My Mac has been so great that i doubt i will ever buy another PC again. The Mac gives you so much more with so fewer problems. In fact, i have not had one single problem with my Mac in over 7 months. I never had a PC longer than a week without some sort of "error".
Virus', Spyware, crashes, these are all PC problems that the Mac doesnt have.

Well damn, just damn. We actually have a Mac store where I live and I've popped in a couple of times. Our Dell is now 5 years old and I've been putting off Vista as long as possible. With hopes of purchasing a new mac in the next couple of months the wife goes out and buys me a 19" LG flat screen for the dell last week. Guess that idea's out the window for awhile.:frown:

Well damn, just damn. We actually have a Mac store where I live and I've popped in a couple of times. Our Dell is now 5 years old and I've been putting off Vista as long as possible. With hopes of purchasing a new mac in the next couple of months the wife goes out and buys me a 19" LG flat screen for the dell last week. Guess that idea's out the window for awhile.:frown:

Nahhh, the iMac isn't the only desktop product available from AAPL. There's the Mac Pro and the much more reasonably priced Mac Mini that essentially just replace your dell tower. Check out the site.

I've had my 24" iMac since they were first released last year and absolutely LOVE it! The included software is fantastic and the screen is incredible!

I've convinced my long time Windows propenent sister in law to get one to replace her problem ridden VAIO desktop.

Sitting on the desk to the left of my iMac is my HP Media Center PC which has inexplicably gotten slower and slower since I first purchased it. And to the right is my trusty old PowerMac G3 upgraded to G4 with good old MacOS 9 that is still running like a champ.

Back