• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx Cars

Cool thread, might have to keep this one handy if I ever decide to buy a 2nd Imola NSX for a DD :)

Anyone selling their Imola? doesn't even have to be onyx interior since I kinda like the orange interior too!

Glad Ben chimed in here since he is like the Yoda master when it comes to this type of facts! I wonder if there's a thread like this for GPW cars since those numbers are even smaller I think.

rick

I wonder if there's a thread like this for GPW cars since those numbers are even smaller I think.

Imola Orange is an order of magnitude more rare than GPW.

GPW = 486 produced
IO = 49 produced

Besides the rarity, it's just a beautiful color if modded well. I want one.

There is +02 imola in my neck of the woods that's somewhat of a recluse .
Not part of prime and not really Into get togethers..but I have seen it quite often at his place of employment..I can try to get info if anyone interested.

Zaid

GPW = 486 produced
IO = 49 produced

Yup correct. People just want white because its the flavor of the month being a Type R color....Imola is by far much more rare as you have stated.

GPW = 486 produced
IO = 49 produced

Interesting, I guess as far as color goes that is RARE! No arguement it's an eye catching color. I test drove one a while back here in CA that was listed on PRIME for sale and it was eye-catching and supercharged. Too bad that seller ended up getting the car REPO'd (should have taken my fair offer at the time)

rick

the imola color is also very tough to photograph, the paint has a chromatic shift effect depending on ambient light level and sun angle.

the imola color is also very tough to photograph, the paint has a chromatic shift effect depending on ambient light level and sun angle.

My wife loved shooting this car (she's a photographer)...why did I sell this car!!! Damnit!

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

Last edited:
your pics prove my point well,and you as a weeping ex owner:tongue: I think would concure, that many times looking at your car ,one could think the car was repainted or panels did'nt match exactly ,happens to me every time we have an imola at meets.

your pics prove my point well,and you as a weeping ex owner:tongue: I think would concure, that many times looking at your car ,one could think the car was repainted or panels did'nt match exactly ,happens to me every time we have an imola at meets.

Oh yes correct Doc John...I can't count on my fingers how many times people said my car was repainted! Its such a tricky color to defend...:)

great info in here. im in the market for one.

^ Mine is always for sale, for the right price. haha

LOL everything is for sale at the right price!

I'm looking for a stock DD car, can't afford yours....

02 imola orange

2009 in southern ca. # t000085
2011 in portland or. # t000234

03 imola orange

2009 for sale in monterey ca. No # avail .
2009 in codorado # t000090

^ Mine is always for sale, for the right price. haha

sweet, then maybe I could be in the running for hottest nsx..:wink:

02 imola orange

03 imola orange

What?

02 imola orange

03 imola orange

I think Mr. Loomis is trying to help you with homework. I mean nspec when you are seriously looking, every tidbit of info helps.

02 imola orange

03 imola orange

enkrypted message or what? LOL:tongue:

I think what David is trying to say is that the above Imola's with those serials were for sale in those years.

enkrypted message or what? LOL:tongue:

I think what David is trying to say is that the above Imola's with those serials were for sale in those years.

I test drove the Imola that was being sold in Monterey a while back - the guy was in financial need to sell the car for sure. It later ended up at an auto broker with missing CTSC parts.

I made him a cash offer that he did not accept - probably regretted it afterwards....

IT was a nice clean car but definitely had paint work on the passenger fender and front bumper as it was clearly mis-aligned. The wheels were HRE and car was really slammed. It also had a very stiff clutch but it drove pretty nicely when I was there.

I test drove the Imola that was being sold in Monterey a while back - the guy was in financial need to sell the car for sure. It later ended up at an auto broker with missing CTSC parts.

I made him a cash offer that he did not accept - probably regretted it afterwards....

IT was a nice clean car but definitely had paint work on the passenger fender and front bumper as it was clearly mis-aligned. The wheels were HRE and car was really slammed. It also had a very stiff clutch but it drove pretty nicely when I was there.

I'm pretty sure this car is in NY/NJ now and the member is also a primer, or friends of a primer.

the one missing the CTSC I already talked to the owner and tried to buy it :)

it is also the one in the NY/NJ area.

Last edited:
Hopefully you guys can snag the car at a reduced price!

The Imola interior looked really sharp and I have to admit, during my test drive of the car - it definitely garnered more attention than my GPW! I'm jealous...hehe

Maybe I can put an Imola racing stripes on my GPW? :tongue:

Hey guys try and keep this thread to discussion about Imola Orange Pearl / Onyx interior cars.

There's a seperate thread for the Orange interior cars.

:smile:

Back