• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

In Memory of Tom Ford - SoCal NSX Group Drive - Sept 12, 2020

Good on you for posting a drive with a great purpose. Would be great to see many friendly (and otherwise) faces. I'm looking into participating. Thanks, Chase.

Valhalla and Dashnby

DATE CHANGE ALERT ! It's now on SUNDAY, Sept 13th (one day later)

I'll be flying in from Colorado just to make this drive. My NSX is garaged in soCal.

141123 NSX drive ladies.jpg
^11-23-2014 at the Yellow Deli.

Last edited:
This is the first time in several years that I have checked out the So Cal NSX Prime. So sorry to hear about Tom’s passing. Victoria and I will try and make the drive. He was a really good and decent fellow.

This is the first time in several years that I have checked out the So Cal NSX Prime. So sorry to hear about Tom’s passing. Victoria and I will try and make the drive. He was a really good and decent fellow.

Hopefully you can join the drive, there are several lodging options nearby

Starting to prep for the drive and get things arranged. I have two (2) spare radios to loan. If you would like to guarantee use of one, please send me a PM. Please note I will require something of yours to secure the radio. I have lost others and more to other well meaning members on previous drives. i will not accept children as collateral. Thanks for your understanding.

Starting to prep for the drive and get things arranged. I have two (2) spare radios to loan. If you would like to guarantee use of one, please send me a PM. Please note I will require something of yours to secure the radio. I have lost others and more to other well meaning members on previous drives. i will not accept children as collateral. Thanks for your understanding.

How about dogs?

That is very generous of you to offer them out.

To those who are from the LA/OC area, a couple of us are meeting up and drive together to the official meeting spot. All are welcome.

El Torito
18512 MacArthur Blvd.
Irvine, CA 92612

7:15am

Please post pics from the event....we are sorely lacking in "group" photos...:frown:

Hi All, What's the closest Gas Station to where we are meeting up. I'm coming from Lancaster.

96 Brooklands

Skip the Shell station near the 76... it's a PITA to get out of to go to the spot... there are several other gas stations nearby

Some kudos to throw out. I'd like to thank Chase for the origination of this memorial drive. Alan and Mario for their involvement in planning and pre-running the route. Jhae and Mike for their companionship during the drive over and back from Phoenix. And to all the drivers and accompanying navi-guessers for their active participation. It was good to get out, drive, see some incredible landscape and just enjoy being an NSX owner.

A couple of passing thoughts to share;

Good choice on selecting Stone World Gardens and Brewery for the lunch spot. Very good food and beautiful atmosphere.

It was nice to meet so many new (and old) NSX owners. It's been a while since I was able to participate in a SoCal canyon run and it was great to place people with names/avatars.

Lastly, it was an honor to commemorate Tom Ford. One of the nicest men I have ever known. Never a bad word, always a smile and pure generosity. He will be missed but also remembered. Fair winds and following seas my friend.

Back