• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Infotainment Navigation

I just received a 2017 that I purchased out of state from a private owner. The car has under 6K miles and is in showroom condition. The car arrived this weekend and I just dropped it off for complete clear bra wrap, ceramic coating, and brake caliper painting.

I couldn’t get into the “Navigation” icon on the Infotainment Screen…… learning after awhile…because it’s not there….. wasn’t an option on this car!!?? I was amazed to learn that Navigation is even an “Option”…… let alone on an Acura vehicle….. or better yet…. A $200K MSRP vehicle?!!

QUESTION??? I’m a technology IDIOT….. BUT……can I take the car to an Acura dealership and just have the SOFTWARE….. Downloaded?? Or isn’t it as easy as that?

It was never disclosed… or did I ask prior to the sale. It never crossed my mind…. And it never would have because I just figured it was generically included on all cars…… like AIR CONDITIONING!!!

If anyone is wondering…… I would have purchased the car regardless. Just wished it had the NAVI.

Any easy options or am I screwed?

I think for the first couple of years only you could have ordered the car without nav and parking sensors. They became standard in I think 2019

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Navigation was part of the Tech package for 2017 and 2018, IIRC. I don't think you can retrofit it.

Luckily, Android Auto and Apple Carplay are standard, so just use Google Maps on your phone.

Well…. Unfortunately you’re right.

I didn’t get the Parking Sensors either! :frown::frown::frown:

Amazing….. someone would order this car without those two basic (Almost “Must have”)….. options!

Like I mentioned in my post above…… I’m a technology IDIOT!

But I’ll try to figure out the Apple Carplay….. with my phone.

Congratulations on receiving your car, enjoy it in the best of health.

I went back and looked at the NSX playbook that had data on early 2017 MY orders and it seemed like 92-93% of the early cars had the tech package that includes Nav.

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/NSX_Launch_Playbook_Issue_3.PDF

A lot of folks prefer nav from their phones as it is frequently updated and the Nav in the Gen 2 NSX is not world beating.

The parking sensors are handy, especially since the car lacks a 360 camera.

Did you see/receive the window sticker prior to purchase?

Meh, parking sensors are over-rated. Never use mine. Google Maps works as well or better than the Garmin Nav that comes with the car.

I never even thought about asking? I was more interested in color combo & major options.

My daily driver is a 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio and I sold a 2019 Aston Martin Vantage….to get into the NSX….. both have/had all the bells and whistles. I “Assumed”…… MORE because it was an Acura than the MSRP….that it came standard with what we’ve all have come to expect on high end vehicles (Heated seats, sensors and of course Navi)!

Well……. I’ve obviously come into ownership of one of the “Rarest” (92-93% 0f 2017 have the technology pkg) Gen 2 NSX’s…….

But for the wrong reason! :rolleyes:

The QF level of the Guilia is such a cool vehicle, great looking, extra powerful, not too big or small, tossable, racy interior.

Have you had issues with it (I have fear of the company Quality systems, and a buddy with a Stelvio often has some warning lights or something else going on)?

As others have pointed out, taking advantage of Apple Carplay (assuming you have an iPhone) is actually easier to use then the the Nav System that can be ordered on the car. Once you get use to it you will see how easy it is to play Pandora while you have the iPhone search for your destination. Once you set it up you will wonder why you have not always used it. It will work seamlessly with the car. The USB connection is in the small compartment in the rear of the center arm rest. If you must have the built in system, I bet you could find a head unit from a totaled car that would work. As for the parking sensors there are some aftermarket kits that look like they would work well.

The important thing is that you have the car with what you deemed important to get. Driving it will take any sense of loss associated with not having the built in Nav and upgraded Stereo. Most of us drive the car with the sounds turned off or muted anyway. Welcome to the group. So what color did you get?

I’ve driven the Quadrifoglia for almost 25K miles now with ZERO issues! New tires, two oil changes ($500 each), 20K mile service (~$1k oil & brake fluid)…… coming up on the 30K service (timing belt/oil change)…. I heard around ~$1500-1800? It’s my everyday driver so I get to enjoy it! Blast to drive! Lastly….. it’s the N’Ring Edition (same matte gray paint as the new Type S NSX)….. only made 50 worldwide!

drmanny3……. Same beautiful color as you! Has the Red/Black interior. Black wheels.
Unfortunately…. Black brake calipers so the shop that’s wrapping it in clear bra, ceramic coating…. Is also painting them Fire Engine Red! Getting matching red accents on the front splitter, side skirts, side view mirrors and rear diffuser. After that….. just the wheel spacers from SOS, front/rear dashcam….. and then drive the hell out of it!

I was surprised that the $206,500 MSRP on the LemoNSX I had didn't have SAT radio. Even a $20k KIA has it as standard equipment.

On eBay someone is selling the head unit from a 2017. Not sure it has the upgraded XM Radio. Also you would need to add an antenna. Not sure what else would be required. They are asking $1500 but I bet you could get it for less.

Appreciate it drmanny! Actually…. To be honest….. the thing I like the best about having NAVI….is having the active MAPS on the center screen….while I’m driving. Now>…… All I get to look at…..is a blank screen, radio station channel…..or the ICONS. Not a big deal……. Love the car anyway! When I get it back next week..>I’ll figure out the APPLE CARPLAY.

Yes Apple CarPlay is really the way to go. You will be happy once you set it up. I recently canceled XM Radio for both my cars as I never use it. I don’t want talk radio and prefer music if anything.

I was surprised that the $206,500 MSRP on the LemoNSX I had didn't have SAT radio. Even a $20k KIA has it as standard equipment.

I know some people are very happy the NSX made SiriusXM optional as they don't like the "tumor" antenna on the roof (and prefer to stream music through their phone app of choice).

Not having NAV was a US market option only. The rest of the world market was XM or no XM ELS only. It is strange Acura would do this for this for only the US market. Later US model years had ELS/Nav as standard.

Not having NAV was a US market option only. The rest of the world market was XM or no XM ELS only. It is strange Acura would do this for this for only the US market. Later US model years had ELS/Nav as standard.
NAV was optional on Canadian cars, too. However, our cars came standard with ELS audio. The TECH package added nav and parking sensors (plus a couple of other minor things), with or without XM radio.

I know some people are very happy the NSX made SiriusXM optional as they don't like the "tumor" antenna on the roof (and prefer to stream music through their phone app of choice).

I’ve seen those little tumors on many other high end cars and exotics. Is it really that offensive looking?

I’ve seen those little tumors on many other high end cars and exotics. Is it really that offensive looking?

Not to me, which is why I specifically ordered my car with SiriusXM. But I've seen both here and at Acurazine that some people REALLY dislike the sat radio antenna and think it unacceptably breaks up the swooping curve of the roofline.

To me, the sat radio antenna looks especially out of place on cars with the carbon fiber roof - it detracts from that beautiful CF.

Will the apply carplay have better reception than the navigation unit in Nsx? I have a 2019 that has the Navi comes with it. I used the car Navi all the time and only use apple CarPlay once.

Back