• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Inspection Ventura Cal area

Yep, take the car to Gold Coast Acura in Ventura. Norman, the qualified NC1 and all generation NSX tech has been there for 35 years. He is super great. I take my NC1 in for service there as my Santa Barbara dealer lost their tech to Covid. It will cost you around $200 +_. Ask the service manager to pull all the service history on the car.
I am assuming you are somewhere near Ventura. If you are in Orange County then I would recommend you go to Tustin Acura. Sarah Posellis the Service Manager. She is great.

if you are up in Northern Ca contact http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/member.php/32732-powdbyrice

Last edited:
Yep, take the car to Gold Coast Acura in Ventura. Norman, the qualified NC1 and all generation NSX tech has been there for 35 years. He is super great. I take my NC1 in for service there as my Santa Barbara dealer lost their tech to Covid. It will cost you around $200 +_. Ask the service manager to pull all the service history on the car.
I am assuming you are somewhere near Ventura. If you are in Orange County then I would recommend you go to Tustin Acura. Sarah Posellis the Service Manager. She is great.

if you are up in Northern Ca contact http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/member.php/32732-powdbyrice

I talked to the seller and Goal Coast Acura works for them. I will line up Norman to do the inspection and go from there. By the way I’m in Georgia so your help is much appreciated, thanks again!

My experience has been that short any accident the NC1 is rock solid. Typically during inspection they will put the car on a lift and pull the floor panels off to look for leaks etcetera. I would check for scrapping on the front bumper especially if the car is lowered. There are very few mods that most have pursued. One is downpipes. If your car has them ask the seller for the OEM units as they are really expensive if you have to buy for smog certification. Fewer people replaced the exhaust. Have the tech or service person pull a history of service and any recalls. It is usually recommended that the oil is changed every 12 months assuming mileage is low. At four years plus flush out the brake fluid. The car has a brake by wire and the braking system should be clean.
if you want to extend the warranty, that will depend on the in service date. Since the car is being inspected you can see what the dealership can/will do for you. Some manufacturer’s dealers will CPO a car for a fee. Normally an extended Acura warranty for 80,000 miles (Total) plus 5 additional years of coverage costs around $5300. Good luck! I did not read the title of looking for dealer in Ventura-my bad.

Back