• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO: Gauge Assembly Removal

Hi! :smile:

I've made an instructional video showing how to remove the gauge assembly from an NSX. Have a look:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3EFyjhdy73Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Best regards,

nicely done,i've been having some squeaking from the panel that surrounds the ignition switch and runs under the steering wheel,this gave me some ideas on where to put some sound deadening material

Nice video. I have pulled my cluster multiple times prior to replacing it.
I do not know why the service manual tells you to remove the steering column plastic. You do not need to remove it.
The cluster comes out just fine with it in place. Although I do have an after market wheel.

I did this lately after 10 years the second time. Interesting, I couldn't adjust the steering wheel up and down on my 91, just in and out. I ended up lowering the steering column unit.

Thank you everyone,

Nice video. I have pulled my cluster multiple times prior to replacing it.
I do not know why the service manual tells you to remove the steering column plastic. You do not need to remove it.
The cluster comes out just fine with it in place. Although I do have an after market wheel.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try this the next time. The purpose of course of removing the plastic covers is to create more space for the gauge assembly to come out.

Nice work! Do you have the conversion kit for the S2000 cluster?

Thanks! More on the conversion kit in another thread soon, you're the first who spotted it :wink:

I did this lately after 10 years the second time. Interesting, I couldn't adjust the steering wheel up and down on my 91, just in and out. I ended up lowering the steering column unit.

Hmmm strange, mine's a 91 too but no problem of adjusting the steering wheel up and down. The tilt release lever is situated on the underside of the steering column, you can see it at 3:29 in the video when I remove the tilt cover, and at 5:36 when I use it. Don't you have this lever in your car or is it just stuck somehow?

Best regards,

Last edited:
Hmmm strange, mine's a 91 too but no problem of adjusting the steering wheel up and down. The tilt release lever is situated on the underside of the steering column, you can see it at 3:29 in the video when I remove the tilt cover, and at 5:36 when I use it. Don't you have this lever in your car or is it just stuck somehow?
Bloddy hell, you're right! I really missed that. I thought it doesn't exist in a car being that old, dummy me...
Thanks for the hint!

This video is a fantastic help; enough that I would remove my clustert without concern.
"Video tutorials" could become a thread within DIY.

Bloddy hell, you're right! I really missed that. I thought it doesn't exist in a car being that old, dummy me...
Thanks for the hint!

No problemo! I'm glad I could help :smile: I've had my steering column down as well but for other reasons. I don't know much about steering column technology, but I can somehow relate to the fact that for a car that old, it appears to be very sophisticated.

This video is a fantastic help; enough that I would remove my clustert without concern.
"Video tutorials" could become a thread within DIY.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Back