• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Insurance and extended warranty for the NSX

Hello folks
I am new to this forum. I am looking at purchasing a 17 or 18 NSX.
What are the insurance quotes that folks got.for this car? I have AmFam for all our other needs but they don't insure cars >150k.
Also has anyone bought extended warranty with a used purchase? The cars that I am checking out have between 2-7k miles and still within factory warranty. None of the Acura dealers selling used NSX offer an extended plan. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum

I have not seen info on extended warranties, sorry.

Insurance varies a ton (location, driver history, coverage levels, number of vehicles on the policy, other insured assets). That being said, mine is about $2400 per year in Chicago with strong coverage.

Be careful about the Dealership you buy from. Just let us know which stores you are finding cars you like in, and we will tell you if it is a stay away situation.

Welcome to the forum

I have not seen info on extended warranties, sorry.

Insurance varies a ton (location, driver history, coverage levels, number of vehicles on the policy, other insured assets). That being said, mine is about $2400 per year in Chicago with strong coverage.

Be careful about the Dealership you buy from. Just let us know which stores you are finding cars you like in, and we will tell you if it is a stay away situation.
That is awesome. I am also in the Chicago area. I live in the NW suburbs. I got quoted 4k/yr for the insurance premiums. This will be a standalone policy through Chubb. No accidents in the last 5 years but my wife has had a couple of tickets in that time. She will be insured as well.

Feels a little high but I do not have a sense what the tickets do to pricing.

I work in Lake Bluff so maybe we can meet up once you find a car. I drive mine 12 months a year.

My least favorite dealers around here are Napleton, Rohrman and Muller.

I see that McGrath took over the store in Libertyville. I go to their downtown store for service. Paully seems to have gotten out of the NSX game.

I am in the market for a 2017 NSX. I received a quote for $1120/year assuming purchase price is $125k +/-.

Back