• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interesting 98 NSX from Ebay

I'd be interested to know why there are two holes in the front of the nose and the right headlight doesn't line up with the quarter panel or nose...

Originally posted by Lud:
I'd be interested to know why there are two holes in the front of the nose and the right headlight doesn't line up with the quarter panel or nose...

I think those two holes was meant for the license plates... and the alignment of the right light may just suggest a collision, but it says clear title for 18 records??? So who knows...

PS- Do all NSX have those 2 holes for license plate? I mean I wouldn't put the front license plate on anyways...

You can't really mount a license plate there - there is nothing to screw it into - it's just plastic with styrofoam behind it. The holes are also not lined up horizontally - one is higher than the other.

I suspect the OEM license plate bracket was mounted, then it struck something (or was struck) in the front and the bracket was pushed into the bumper and damaged the nose. The OEM bracket has two little thingies there which will punch right into your nose if you hit something. You'd have to hit it pretty hard to get them up that high though, as they normally sit down towards the bottom of the very front angled section of the nose under the A emblem.

Zuerst - No NSXs have those holes for the license plate. The car has a license plate bracket which mounts under the nose in the air intake area. It does stick out and up over part of the nose though (see above re: something pushing it into the nose).

Car seems iffy.

I've seen an NSX with the front plate drilled in before. I almost cried.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

Yes but it only has 6k miles at $55k. It's really a good deal...... not! You get what you pay for folks. When I was looking for my NSX I looked 15 before finding the one I bought. Unfortunately not NSXs on the market are the same but people expect the prices to be the same.

Maybe it's just the quality of the pictures, but to me it seems that the white color of the nose section doesn't match the white of the hood etc..

It also sends up a red flag that the holes someone drilled
eek.gif
don't come close to lining up (as noted by LUD). If this car was repaired, is that indicative of the quality level of the job?

------------------
'91 Black/Black

That car definitely appears to be a repaint, but the nose/panel difference isn't necessarily the best way to tell.

Looking at just the right angle in just the right lighting, it isn't that unusual for the plastic bits to have slightly different tint than the aluminum panels even right from the showroom...

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
The rear diffuser is white indicating a repaint.

Joe

Many people paint those all one color for cosmetic reasons, same as painting the roof on the coupes to match the body color.

FYI that NSX was in Houston for over 8 months about a year ago. The dealer could not get rid of it. I actually looked at it before I bought mine. The entire car has been repainted, and I mean the entire car, including the rear valance and the side scoops, which should be black. The holes were not in the nose when I was looking at it a year ago. Any ways, the car has been wrecked and there is over-spray all under it. Who ever repainted it did not know what they were doing. I highly recommend staying away from that car.
One more thing, notice the lack of close up shots of the wheels......they are curb checked pretty bad.

Originally posted by Zuerst:
Seems like this NSX's got "drilled"(license plate) too...

I don't think so. It looks to me like that might be the original license plate frame, properly attached underneath the front bumper, and NOT drilled into the front nose piece (although it's not easy to tell from those photos). The four screws for the license plate go into the license plate bracket, but not through to the bumper. The bracket is attached to the bumper with part of it that sticks out behind it; the screws that attach it to the bumper go straight UP into the UNDERSIDE of the bumper behind the leading edge of the nose.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 28 February 2002).]

nsxtasy is correct. That is a properly mounted OEM front license plate bracket. It is not drilled into the nose, it just sits right in front of it.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I don't think so. It looks to me like that might be the original license plate frame, properly attached underneath the front bumper, and NOT drilled into the front nose piece (although it's not easy to tell from those photos). The four screws for the license plate go into the license plate bracket, but not through to the bumper. The bracket is attached to the bumper with part of it that sticks out behind it; the screws that attach it to the bumper go straight UP into the UNDERSIDE of the bumper behind the leading edge of the nose.

Good to know it's not victimized...
biggrin.gif

Whoever did the write up on the Green NSX on Ebay sure is a typical (I mean creative) salesman, after reading all of the captions under the pictures I almost want to take the shirt off my back and have him sell it back to me.
biggrin.gif

I agree the license plate looks factory ugly thats why mine is in the garage not on the car.

------------------

Back