• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interests in 02+ replica oem wheels???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering who might be interested in oem replica rims? we can either do oem specs or do 18/17 sizes with custom offsets and widths...

Basically I know the owner of a pretty big wheel brand (sorry i cannot name names), but he said he would be able to design a replica wheel as long as I order a minimum of 2 sets a month for the next 2 years, so I guess around 50 sets to make it worth his while. we can do gunmetal, silver, or white but most likely will not come with honda center caps since it would be copy right infringement. Also he pointed out that the wheel design must be off by 10% from the original to make it legal. But I am guessing the custom widths would already meet that goal, no sure if he means the face of the wheel design, lol.

I was thinking 17x8 35mm offset front and 18x9 35mm offset rear, something not too aggressive for everyone

Price btw would be about $950 per set of 17/18

Working on 17x8 18x10 oem 02 replica rims

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably in. I always wanted an oem 02 in a 17x8 to run 235/40/17s for the track as you have to go down to a 205 to run a NT01, R888 or RA1. :mad: Even considered widening an 02 wheel.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I would love to have 17x7 or 7.5 +42 and 18x9 or 9.5 + 40 in silver :D

Price is good.

I have a feeling there would be quite a few people interested. Sizing and offsets should be 17x8 +40 and 18x9.5 +35. 18x9.0 +35 is not aggressive enough to match the 17x8 +35, which is pretty aggressive for fronts.

Also how would he be making the wheels, as in would he be using CAD models?

i think the offest should be 17x8 plus 35 and 18x10 plus 30 or 18x9.5 plus 25:smile:

Last edited:
If they are similar enough you can also just make 18x9 +50 rears for people who already have 02+ wheels.

If sets are made with offsets to clear BBK, then you open yourself up to the entire portion of that market base.

Do the tecnomagnesio sizes and offsets since they were made for the NSX- 17x8 +40 or +45, 18x10 +40. Those offsets are similar to what looks can be achieved with spacers on the oem wheels. 15mm spacer in front gives you a wheels that sits like the front +55 w/ a 15mm spacer and rear +40 rear would equal a 20mm spacer on the rear of a +60. 35 rear would be ok too but a bit too flush. Being more conservative is safer and looks somewhat OEM but a bit more aggressive. More concavity while clearing BBK would be nice. Any idea of weight? I am guessing we cannot get lightweight wheels that are in the sub $1k range...without having an extremely efficient and thin spoke design like some racing wheels.

Last edited:
Wheels would be cast aluminum... I'm running 18x10 35mm offset Right now, sits pretty flush, figure might be too aggressive for other owners...
____
vendors page:http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Rjwong

am in for a set too. clear stoptech bbk

What specs would be needed to clear bkks? Or would it be in the design of the spokes?

Also one problem, I would need one rim as a model for the factory to reproduce them. Anyone be willing to lend a wheel?
____
vendors page:http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Rjwong

What specs would be needed to clear bkks? Or would it be in the design of the spokes?

Also one problem, I would need one rim as a model for the factory to reproduce them. Anyone be willing to lend a wheel?

This is a generalization, but if the front had similar concavity as the OEM 17x7 but with a 25mm spacer, it very would probably clear many BBKs. I know the OEM NSX-R offset is 17x7 +35 instead of +55, so it's an extra 20mm of backspacing to help clear NSX-R brakes?

So if you have a 17x8 with similar spoke design/curve as the 17x7, but with a high offset of +35 for more backspacing, it would have a high chance of clearing BBKs. More concavity and wider with high offset for aggressive fitment sounds good to many people. Actually most NSX owners should be at least one inch lowered so they all should be fine with this :cool: OEM offsets are too conservative, even for stock height cars.

Wheels would be cast aluminum... I'm running 18x10 35mm offset Right now, sits pretty flush, figure might be too aggressive for other owners...

I think it is too aggressive for most including me, I like to see offsets in the 40s but maybe 40 rear and 45 front is just right? I think so but I am sure buyers will let you know. Can you ask your guy about the possibility of flow cast?

I'd be interested in 17x8 and 18x10 in the lowest offsets possible without rubbing. It would be best if they can be forged.

Hi,

i already have a set of 02+ wheels, but would be highly interested in a 17/18 set , 0.5" wider (7.5" front and 9.5" rear) and with the offset just as like the OEMs with 25mm spacers on 4 corners (like Oscar car :wink:)

This if the price stays arround the one post #1

Thanks,
Nuno

I'd be interested in 17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back