• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interior A Pillar Garnish Removal

Can anyone please explain the proper procedure to release the clips that hold the interior A pillar garnish in place. The clips are called “ball stud clips” part number 91501-T6N-A00. I paid for a temporary subscription at www.techinfo.honda.com, but the official service instructions are very lacking on details. I don’t want to just muscle them off and make a mess, so any input here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Can anyone please explain the proper procedure to release the clips that hold the interior A pillar garnish in place. The clips are called “ball stud clips” part number 91501-T6N-A00. I paid for a temporary subscription at www.techinfo.honda.com, but the official service instructions are very lacking on details. I don’t want to just muscle them off and make a mess, so any input here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The best way is to work two pry tools (or ideally your fingers) under the pillar and around each side of the tab. Then pull firmly away from the body. Work one tab at a time. Yanking/levering on the A-pillar itself can result in breaking it in two.

Back