• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interior Door handle snap! Help!

I went to get out of the car today and I heard a pop. It felt like the plastic door open handed broke. I called Acuran and they quoted over $400 for the piece of plastic. However, as I look closer I see no cracks in the actual lever itself. However it is now floating freely. I guess whatever attached to it either broke or snapped loose.

Anyone have any idea or experience with this? I can't see much through the hole so I'm assuming I'll have to take the door panel off.

How do you know if you need Right or Left?

Does Right = Drivers side and Left = Passenger? My driver's side is broken and I need to order.

Sorry for my ignorance :(

How do you know if you need Right or Left?

Does Right = Drivers side and Left = Passenger? My driver's side is broken and I need to order.
Left = left side of the car, which is the driver's side for North America (also continental Europe).

Right = right side of the car, passenger's side.

Just as an FYI, Right and Left definitions in all automobiles are based on the driver's hand position. So, the Driver's "right" side is the cars "right" side, regardless if left or right hand drive:).

My $.02

Regards,
LarryB

I'd have to say this is the easiest subject in the world to look up on this web site. I'm sure its in the FAQ. I know there are many threads on the subject.

You have to ask yourself, did you even read the "Read This First" or FAQ sections?

Anyway, yep, its one of the few common problems with the NSX. The plastic handle behind the opening in the door is where it breaks. You have several choices to fix it:
o OEM (plastic, expensive)
o used OEM (plastic, limited availability)
o stainless (from a vendor easily found on NSX Prime - not sure on $$$)
o door-fix-it-thingy that NSXTASY pointed out

I went used the first time mine broke many many years ago. After the 2nd, I have now done the door fix it thingy on both doors.

While in there, you might consider doing the window fix it thingy from Dali Racing also. And, while in there, I'd re-lube the window tracks (forget the name right now).

If you do all this yourself, it will take a while and may be a bit frustrating. There are some good write-ups on NSX Prime. (Please do not ask how to do this until you read what has already been written.) But, once done your door handles shouldn't break again and your windows will work better or for longer
than they would otherwise.

Good luck.

I went to get out of the car today and I heard a pop. It felt like the plastic door open handed broke. I called Acuran and they quoted over $400 for the piece of plastic. However, as I look closer I see no cracks in the actual lever itself. However it is now floating freely. I guess whatever attached to it either broke or snapped loose.

Anyone have any idea or experience with this? I can't see much through the hole so I'm assuming I'll have to take the door panel off.

Here is a related thread.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66504&highlight=door+handle+kit

by the way guys, if this solution doesnt work (I dont understand where that part fits! does it replace the lever? or is it put underneath the lever?), you can take your lever off somehow and send it to Stuarts paint and body in Dallas, TX! they fixed mine and it works like a charm!

by the way guys, if this solution doesnt work (I dont understand where that part fits! does it replace the lever? or is it put underneath the lever?), you can take your lever off somehow and send it to Stuarts paint and body in Dallas, TX! they fixed mine and it works like a charm!

See photo- I just installed door thingys on my car. The NEW door thingy is installed in this picture, this is the part that breaks and the part that the door latch cable connects to, so if it breaks the handle stops working. The NEW thingy is made of billet alum I believe(old piece was pot metal) and will never break- about $40 ea. from SOS or Dali.
(I sent my speaker amps off to be fixed, so while I had everything apart and am waiting for the amps to come back, I did the window and door thingys-saves probs in the future.)

Attachments

• thingy.jpg
    thingy.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 70
You can buy a used one. I believe Shad at driving ambitions has a driver side bottom door handle piece available. 916-861-0032 and tell him Ray told you about it,,,,might get you a better deal....:biggrin:

Back