• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interior redeaux... opines?

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
Inspired by the fuzilov's U.K. NSX-R that I spent time around years ago & Nero Tenebre's '95 NSX-T I got to chillax in during the fall '11 NSteXpo'craze, I am now looking to personalizing the interior! Thought I'd think out-loud along w/ get ideas & suggestions by others in the community.

For context, here are my NSX details...

I'm content w/ my NSX's exterior/styling [Berlina black, NSXClear + ClearCorner side-markers, bronze/polished Volk SE37k + gun-metal Advan AVS Model-5 (depending on the season), tints] & performance/handling [Tein RA, NSX-R chassis & anti-sway bars, GT-Extreme exhaust + CT headers + DF AIS & Uni filter + KingMotorsport BBTB, '97+ brakes (refinished in fire-orange), 6spd. + OS-Giken LSD + 4.44 final-drive].

Only changes (from stock) to the interior [ebony] have been Zanardi-edition floor-mats, NSX-R shift-boot/plate + Gruppe-M shift-knob + CT short-shift, AutoVation aluminum race-pedals.

Here's what I'm aspiring towards, interior-wise...

- DIY dark-red stitching (dash, firewall, door trim/panels/armrests, etc)

- DF NSX-R seats (Mugen scarlet-red or charcoal/dark-graphite Alcantara)

- MovIT NSX-R carpet (red NSX-R loom kit, red floor-mats w/ custom "NSX" engraved plaques)

- black, perforated ultra-suede door-inserts

- RM-Racing/GT-One harness bar (grey powdercoated) + red Sabelt 4-point camlock harnesses

- Pioneer AVIC F500BT in JDM nav. pod + self-powered low-profile sub (mounted underneath glovebox -or- behind seat on firewall)

- Type-S steering wheel + low-profile hub + quick-release

- conversion to LED bulbs (white, red, and U/V)

- integration of some sort of shift-light + Valentine V1 concealed-display

FWIW, all the "changes" above are completely reversible. So returning back to stock would not be an issue, likewise if I was compelled to do even more changes.

Would the interior seem overly-contrasting w/ the stock black dash/firewalls & panels/trim, red carpet/trim, stock grey A/B pillars & headliner? I'm not really keen towards re-wrapping the pillars & headliner (w/ ultra-suede).

Any other things I may have overlooked or omitted? I'm not big on CF, so I haven't included any such changes. I'm also considering machine-finish instrument cluster gauge rings & titanium gun-metal ceramic aluminum door-handles.

Last edited:
grey pillars/headliners w/ red carpet & black dash/trim?

I'm worried about the black & grey conflicting. Got any photos of your current interior?
It's an NSX-coupe stock ebony interior! No other changes (as of now)... :D

EDIT: actually, the more I think about it - it ain't too bad! I have an Accord w/ stock grey interior (dash/trim is dark charcoal/anthracite, namely black for all intents & purposes; the stock A/B/C pillars & headliner are light grey, almost identical to the stock NSX A/B pillars headliner color), I got dark-graphite interior leather-conversion done (the seats, etc) which looks more-or-less black (like my current NSX ebony seats, and planned DF NSX-R seats in charcoal Alcantara). The look is rather fetching if I might say to. Now, the question is if the red carpet swap in the NSX will that be the hue that over does it? :p

Decisions, decisions...

red seats + red carpet

or

charcoal/graphite/anthracite seats + red carpet

Last edited:
I'm having trouble picturing what the charcoal/graphite/anthracite seats look like, but red/red sounds ok and black/red is an existing color scheme so you probably can't go wrong there.

I'm having trouble picturing what the charcoal/graphite/anthracite seats look like, but red/red sounds ok and black/red is an existing color scheme so you probably can't go wrong there.
Here's what a charcoal/dark-graphite/anthracite coloured DF NSX-R seat would resemble for the most part. Pretty much identical to black, but duller.

The red DF NSX-R seats- in'particular Mugen scarlet-red are beyond delish! Dunno if I can handle red seats 24/7-365... :D

Here's what a charcoal/dark-graphite/anthracite coloured DF NSX-R seat would resemble for the most part. Pretty much identical to black, but duller.
Nice! I think those would complement your interior colors nicely.
The red DF NSX-R seats- in'particular Mugen scarlet-red are beyond delish! Dunno if I can handle red seats 24/7-365... :D
That would be flashy for sure, but if anyone can pull it off it's you Texans. :p After all, isn't "Dallas" returning to the big (home) screen soon? :D

I wanna add a beverage-cooler...

Does your current interior state have ivory?
No ivory, G'. Just a factory ebony interior!

That would be flashy for sure, but if anyone can pull it off it's you Texans. :p After all, isn't "Dallas" returning to the big (home) screen soon? :D
Admittedly, there's crazy swagger in the great state of Texas! :D

My question is if you actually do all of this, will you then start washing your car more frequently than once every 5 or 6 years? :biggrin:

dirt protects from more dirt, right?

My question is if you actually do all of this, will you then start washing your car more frequently than once every 5 or 6 years? :biggrin:
Negative. It'll get dirty again! :D

Actually, you'd be impressed w/ my auto-grooming over the past year or so! Perhaps your OCD has rubbed off, a bit. I'm not using a toothbrush on the suspension yet (like some... *cough-cough*) but I got a neat system going to keep the bird fly! :cool:

Last edited:
Back