• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Introducing the LoveFab NSX Twin Chamber Coolant Tank with optional Catch Can!

This is a:
[x] Direct vendor group buy
Minimum Number of Units: 5 Complete sets to lock-in special pricing.
Maximum Number of Units: Unlimited

Closing Date: April 1st, 2013

Product Will Ship: [x] Product will ship in order of completion, in the order of payments received.

Payment Procedure: [x] Payment in full upon signing up

Payment Methods Accepted: Visa, MC, PayPal, Check/MO

Estimated Delivery Time / Date: 1-2 weeks for quantities above 20.

Product Pricing: See below.

2013-02-07_11-26-32_600_zps50964b33.jpg

Have you ever been to the track with your NSX, had it overheat, or even just warm up past optimal operating temperature? Have you also experienced the absolute mess of coolant spraying out of the factory swirl tank, usually combined with the horror of slippery coolant coating your rear tires in the middle of a high-G, high-speed corner? Chances are, if you’ve tracked your NSX, you have.

We have transformed a time-tested product into one neat package; the Twin Chamber Coolant Tank. We’ve used this design principle for seven years, including being proven on the 754WHP Pikes Peak NSX running 24psi of boost at 14,115FT, and have had zero messes since! In addition to keeping the coolant INSIDE of the coolant system, these tanks are extremely sturdy. Each tank is built from .125” wall aluminum square stock, with .125” thick end caps, which are meticulously TIG welded to form a sealed tank. The tanks are incredibly sturdy, because there are only two welds per tank. The welds themselves are in a relatively low stress zone, which prevents “flexing” of the weld, which has led to the demise of many aluminum tanks in the past. We are so confident of our tanks that we are offering a Lifetime Replacement Warranty against failure.

The NSX engine bay is fairly cramped as it is. The vast majority of our customers use some form of forced induction, and benefit from a catch can. Instead of trying to find a place for a catch can, or shoehorning a catch can directly above the front header (which is a fire hazard!), we have implemented a catch can into our Twin Chamber coolant tank. The installation takes just minutes, and the result is a very clean and natural looking presence within the engine bay. The catch can features a -10AN bung that can be capped off and used for a drain, or returned back to the oil pan if you would prefer not to hassle with draining catch cans.

Finally, we hate fussing with hoses and hose clamps. We decided to revolutionize the coolant tank market by making AN fittings standard on all of our tanks. The pushlock fittings included with each tank(and catch can) are a one-time-installation, with no clamps required. Maintenance becomes a breeze when you don’t have to stretch, pry, and more often than not, tear the coolant hoses off of their connections. Simply loosen the AN fitting, and twist it off with one hand.

We are offering these tanks to NSXPrimers in two colors, in two configurations.

Twin Chamber Coolant Tank in Red or Black: $349.99

2013-02-07_11-47-11_53_zpsad3c7872.jpg

2013-02-07_11-46-43_421_zpsac1957dd.jpg

2013-02-07_11-46-24_776_zpse8cf020e.jpg

Comes with:
(2) 19psi Mishimoto Radiator Caps
(1)1/8” pushlock fitting
(1)-6AN pushlock fitting
(1)-8AN pushlock fitting
(1) coolant hose

Twin Chamber Coolant tank with integrated Catch Can: $549.99

2013-02-07_11-42-31_483_zpsabef9b24.jpg

2013-02-07_11-43-00_673_zpsd9323433.jpg

2013-02-07_11-44-21_940_zps2bf513f4.jpg

Comes with:
(2) 19psi Mishimoto Radiator Caps
(1) 1/8” pushlock fitting
(1) -6AN valve cover fitting(front valve cover)
(2) -6AN Straight pushlock fittings
(1) -6AN 90deg pushlock fitting
(1) -8AN Straight pushlock fitting
(1) -8AN 90 deg pushlock fitting
(1) -10AN 90 deg pushlock fitting
(1) -10AN female cap
(1) Breather filter
(1) coolant hose
(2) catch can hoses

Installed pictures:

2013-01-18_17-21-11_313.jpg

2013-01-18_17-25-41_272.jpg

2013-01-18_17-27-36_746.jpg

Signup list:
Chrisfast: Black Twin Chamber Tank, Paid, shipped
drzzz: Black Twin Chamber Tank with Catch Can *Installed
Nsoif: Black Twin Chamber Tank*Shipped
NSXInklL Black Twin Chamber Tank with Catch Can *ready to ship, NOT paid
kwinkler: Black Twin Chamber Tank Paid, *Paid, In powder coating now
SCA037: Black Twin Chamber Tank*In powder coating now, NOT paid
Wah: Black Twin Chamber Tank*Paid, In powder coating now
frascati: Black Twin Chamber Tank *Paid, In powder coating now[/B]

Last edited:
Will this fit with the targa bar and STMPO RSTB? Just checking... And does a catch can have any benefits for NA applications?

The tanks *should fit the stmpo targa bar, as there is ample clearance with the factory bar, as well as our targa bar(still perfecting).

Unless you're getting oil consumption from track use, I wouldn't bother. The factory PCV does just fine.

Last edited:
Could the second tank possibly be used to hold coolant for an after cooler? Or would that be a bad idea due to heat transfer from the engine coolant?

OH my, that is a thing of beauty. I love it when form meets function. I've been meaning to install a catch can and my coolant tank just turned 20.

Any particular reason why you didn't incorporate a slosh baffle in your coolant tank, considering this application?
The NSX can generate a fair amount of force to slosh the coolant about in the tank during course driving. I see that you have 2 square tanks attached, I'm assuming there is a pass through there, however, the baffle should be located between the upper and lower hose fittings to function properly like the OEM unit.

I also notice you didn't incorporate a fluid level gauge on the tank, which is a greater concern that I picked up when we made our run of tanks. It's a feature that should have been a "must" from honda in the beginning.

Another thing, why did you weld the cap bung on top so that the vent tube is on the front and covering up your work? If you were to point it to the back like the stock tank, it would be far less noticeable...and look much better imo. I commend you guys for your hard work to make this, though I feel the design and shape is a bit awkward looking in the NSX as it doesn't flow very well visually with the engine bay. Good luck with your new product, look forward to seeing more.

Last edited:
Any particular reason why you didn't incorporate a slosh baffle in your coolant tank, considering this application?
The NSX can generate a fair amount of force to slosh the coolant about in the tank during course driving. I see that you have 2 square tanks attached, I'm assuming there is a pass through there, however, the baffle should be located between the upper and lower hose fittings to function properly like the OEM unit.

We have no desire to replicate anything of the terrible factory NSX tank, except for bolt locations. The design, functionality, and reliability have been some of the largest drawbacks of the NSX. The baffle is not needed with our tank because the shape, volume, and coolant entry location prevents aeration(the only reason you would need a baffle). The car would have to be completely upside down for aeration to occur in our tank. That being said, we would be glad to add a baffle should a customer request it.

NSX1145 said:
I also notice you didn't incorporate a fluid level gauge on the tank, which is a greater concern that I picked up when we made our run of tanks. It's a feature that should have been a "must" from honda in the beginning.

Another thing, why did you weld the cap bung on top so that the vent tube is on the front and covering up your work? If you were to point it to the back like the stock tank, it would be far less noticeable...and look much better imo. I commend you guys for your hard work to make this, though I feel the design and shape is a bit awkward looking in the NSX as it doesn't flow very well visually with the engine bay. Good luck with your new product, look forward to seeing more.

There was not enough room for an adequate connection to connect the second tank, without kinking the hose. Rearward was the only way to go to meet our design goals.

The fluid level gauges are just another potential leakage/failure point. We have had more than one COMPLETE rebuild(totally new motor) in here in the past eight years due to failed coolant tanks, both factory, and aftermarket. A coolant level gauge will do no good when it fails, dumping all of the coolant out of your NSX on the track, leaving the engine without coolant when it needs it the most.

We set out to build the most simple, effective, and more importantly, ROBUST coolant tank available, that has used theories that we've been testing for going on eight years now. Replicating the factory shape with sheet metal is asking for trouble down the road, and this comes from experience. That's a lot of surface area to allow aluminum to flex, while expecting already brittle-in-nature aluminum welds to hold together. We refuse to build anything that won't last the life of the NSX chassis itself, and if some aesthetics(completely subjective anyway) are to be compromised in order to achieve this, we are glad to do it.

Cody, put me down for one black coolant tank with catch tank. Please ship it together with the AEM methanol filter which u have yet to send to me.

Looking forward to your update regarding postage cost to me.

In the meantime, I have the following questions. Apologies in advance if they are dumb questions. :)

I've posted your pic below with additional blue and yellow colored lines to assist with my questions:

1) I'm assuming the blue line represents the overflow path from primary tank to secondary tank?

2) As the system is under pressure, the coolant from the secondary tank automatically flows from the secondary tank back to the primary tank?

3) Therefore if 2) is correct, there is never a need to check the secondary tank coolant levels as it will automatically empty back into the primary when cold?

4) How would you suggest checking the primary tank's fluid levels? eg. Ensure it's full; or insert a rod when cold and check via reference point?

5) Just confirming also there are no internal connections between primary and secondary tanks?

6) The yellow line represents where the factory oem overflow hose connects in the very improbable instance both primary and secondary tanks overflow?

Cheers.

20130207114643421zpsac1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at your third engine bay pic again above carefully, I think it answers my questions 1) and 6). Looking forward to your replies regarding the other questions. ;)

Looking forward to your update regarding postage cost to me.

In the meantime, I have the following questions. Apologies in advance if they are dumb questions. :)

I've posted your pic below with additional blue and yellow colored lines to assist with my questions:

1) I'm assuming the blue line represents the overflow path from primary tank to secondary tank?

Correct

2) As the system is under pressure, the coolant from the secondary tank automatically flows from the secondary tank back to the primary tank?

Correct. We've used the dual tank setup for years, and the fluid travels both ways due to pressure differentials.

3) Therefore if 2) is correct, there is never a need to check the secondary tank coolant levels as it will automatically empty back into the primary when cold?
Its easy to check, but the secondary tank should be nearly empty when cold.
4) How would you suggest checking the primary tank's fluid levels? eg. Ensure it's full; or insert a rod when cold and check via reference point?
When hot, you're out of luck. When cold, we've been filling the primary tank to "about" halfway. Theres no exact science, but if a dipstick is your preferred method, this is great.

5) Just confirming also there are no internal connections between primary and secondary tanks?
Correct, coolant flows through the overflow vent of the primary, and the inlet port of the seconday.

6) The yellow line represents where the factory oem overflow hose connects in the very improbable instance both primary and secondary tanks overflow?

Correct. We are considering offering a long piece of tubing here, so that IF both tanks overflow, you're able to control where you want the coolant dumped.

Cheers.

20130207114643421zpsac1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at your third engine bay pic again above carefully, I think it answers my questions 1) and 6). Looking forward to your replies regarding the other questions. ;)

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Will this fit with the targa bar and STMPO RSTB? Just checking... And does a catch can have any benefits for NA applications?

We just confirmed fitment with our Targa Chassis Brace. There is a picture in the WFS Chassis brace Group Buy thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I have updated the signup list. We are shipping immediately on these guys. Some have already been shipped, or installed here at the shop. Thanks!

Sounds good Shaw. Pms returned. We have seven units ready to ship.

Cody please send me shipping quotation. Don't forget to include my AEM methanol filter.

Cody, paid u. Looking forward to receiving it ASAP.

Back