• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

introduction(I've the feeling it is in another section I didn't find)

Hi all,
I am Francesco,an Italian,old enough,airline pilot.
I hope is the right place to present myself(I have a strange feeling is not).
I am here because it looks like the best place to find enthusiasts and knowledge about my
youth's dream car......a Ferrari or Porsche 993 of course:biggrin:
ah ah ah
sorry I love to kid.
The NSX is,IMO,refined,technological(but still old style drive),capable,performing,fascinating,analog,rare.....
and above all a challenge (WON)to engineering and not marketing!!!
It has been already 3 months that I look for a used one,but in Italy and Europe,they are almost impossible to find.
I look for(possibly) a NA2 or a NA1 post '97 coupe LHD because of the 3.2 engine and the 6th gear,blue,red or white.
I love performance,driving challenges and understatement.
I have red a lot(both here and on books) in the passed years(snap ring on early models,clutch weaknes,susp alignment issue,evaporator:eek:),
but I love advices from you.
I am a maniac and would love to keep the NSX as std as possible,but due to the fact is so hard to find
so is it possible to swap a 6 gears into early models?
Is it recommendable?
I don't want a garage queen(I want to drive it)but nor a lemon(accident,broken parts,not followed on maintenance,I don't want to hurt anybody,but also heavy modified,maybe just small improvement that are reversible).
As of now,I contacted JDM expo,all Italian dealer and a UK garage.
So are early NA1 recommendable,maintenance and performance wise?
I look forward to all suggestions....
thanks

Hi and welcome Francesco,

Yes you can swap the 6-speed into early 3.0l models, yes it's highly recommended.

Just a quick remark, post '97 manual will all be NA2 (3.2l, 6-speed). Only the automatic stayed as NA1.
So from 97 to 2001 you can have popup headlight NA2 coupe, post 2002 it's fixed headlights.

I can confirm the NA2 coupe is a real pleasure to drive, and almost impossible to find on the market ;)

In Europe you can get the following MT options according to the model year:

97+ NA2 3.2 - 6 spd - It would be a great find, but those are really rare in Europe;

93+ NA1 3.0 - 5 spd (those are equipped with 2nd airbag and power steering) you will also get the short gears, as they become standard in Europe in 93

91-93 NA1 - 5spd (no passenger airbag and no power steering) - no short gears

You must drive the car and see if it would be really important for you to upgrade to 6 spd as it is a lot of $$$$$$$$

mine is a 93 with short gears, and i really think there are lots of other things i would do before spend that amount on a 6spd transmision... but again... this is just my opinion!

Hope you find the right NSX for you!

BTW, Welcome!!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum!
To be honest a 5MT short ratio can be just as much fun as the 6MT.

Finding a NSX in Europe is getting increasingly difficult good cars are selling insanely fast at the moment.
I have three customers at the moment looking to buy a NSX finding a good one is getting though.

Hi Adnan,
I realized that,but I have already few contacts.
I just need some time to visit them.
Tuesday I will travel 400km to check a UNlisted NA1 1992 red/blk manual coupe 107k km (so I believe a snap ring-one,but cannot check because wiki is not working now),
but it has no proof of a changed TB/WP,need a clutch and has a RADIO and ABS ISSUE….
How much would be to do all this jobs?
Where can I check the VIN number VS major issue(like carfax)?
I am really not a fan of 16" front and 17" 225 rear,and in Italy you cannot easily change the papers.
Do you have something?

- - - Updated - - -

BBVNSX thanks again

today I checked 2 '92s red/blk,
none of them was even closer to a sufficient score to me(I am a little picky)
one was overpriced by the condition and history,
the other completely careless and even expansier…..
no luck…..

still looking

Hi again,
after a good deep talk with Cox (an italian knowledgeable owner of an NA1 very finely speced to my taste and with all the original parts available),
I am almost convinced that I could go for a NA1.
Only thing is bothering me....
what would be the chance to find and how difficult will be to install a 6 gear to the NA1?
cheers

The 6 speed box bolts straight in, you then just need a reverse lockout solenoid controller - KSP make one, or you could wire up to the brake lights to work the solenoid as some do.
Finding the box in Europe quickly may be a problem but worth the wait.

Hi again,
after a good deep talk with Cox (an italian knowledgeable owner of an NA1 very finely speced to my taste and with all the original parts available),
what would be the chance to find and how difficult will be to install a 6 gear to the NA1?
cheers

Hi again,
cheers

Hi and welcome from a fellow Italian! (who lives in the US).

I own a 1992 NSX that I bought in not so great conditions and I am working and the various minor things such as rotors and generic maintenance to replacing the housing due to snap ring. Honestly, you can be picky as much as you want but these cars are getting old! but again Pickyness should go hand in hand with a fat wallet.

I have a friend who is selling a red 1991 in Varese area, his company is called NUOVE SOLUZIONI - ask for Luca Engolli.

Regarding the 6 speed conversion, there are much easier (and reversible) ways to improve the 1-2 gear gap: headers, exhaust, tune up. And eventually if that it is not enough JDM final gear.
When I replaced the headers the gains made the shifting between first to second fantastic.

You say that you want to keep t stock....but then swap a 6 speed!?!?! Non capisco!:eek::biggrin:

Ciao e buona fortuna nella ricerca,
Andre

Ciao Andre,
tks for the info.
Do you have the contact number(even via PM)?
Is the car already on the market,because the one I have seen are not good.
My willing to keep it stock means that I want all kind of easy reversible mods,and buying a complete 6 gears could be.
At salut (da romagnolo)

Back