• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

iPhone questions

I have four questions for iphone users... these are frustrating me. No I have not gone to iphone forums, I was hoping someone here could help me:

1) Can you erase e-mails or folders in bulk? I am so tired of hitting "edit" and then erasing one message at a time, then going to the trash folder and doing the same thing. It is wasting 15 minutes of my time everyday.

2) Why can't the iphone display pix messages? Is this a phone shortcoming? I am tired of going to "viewmymessage.com" then typing in some long password. A $20 motorola can display pix, why can't my iphone?

3) is there a fix coming to show flash? whats up with this?

4) Is there anyway to have the calender tell you of upcoming appointments on the main page? My moto Q as big of a piece of junk that it was, still displayed all my next day appointments on the main front page. It kept my mind on them and I never forgot to check my calender page.

1. The new software release will enable bulk deleting. Look for It around the sake time as the new phone.
2. No clue about this one. Maybe in a later this year update if enough people bitch.
3. Flash same as #2
4. You can set an alarm for a specific time to an event. Basically the same as in iCal.

Posted from my iPhone.

There isn't bulk deleting. A work around is that if you use an imap email account. The phone just mirrors your mail server so you can delete the messages on your PC or move them around and the phone will reflect that.

Yea the iphone has a few shortcomings, one being no flash plugin for safari (well youtube is flash but thats a built-in application) and the 2nd being NO COPY & PASTE! I was hoping that Steve Jobs would figure this one out on his own but I guess he never has the need to do that.

The new software 2.0 comes out on 7/11 which includes exchange support which is awesome (I've tried the beta which is buggy as hell but it was nice not missing any meetings!) So once that is out, you should be fine there.

It did feel more like a blackberry with the new software... being able to get your emails on your phone before it even shows up in your inbox is nice. :D

So just wait a few more weeks and most of your woes should be lessened. :p

No pics message's suck, thats the worst part of the iPhone.

No pics message's suck, thats the worst part of the iPhone.

are you talking about MMS? there are apps that enable that ;)

are you talking about MMS? there are apps that enable that ;)

like legal legit stuff that won't lock your phone? How hard is it to do this? Why on earth doesn't a $400 iphone have that capability?

like legal legit stuff that won't lock your phone? How hard is it to do this? Why on earth doesn't a $400 iphone have that capability?

Naw man its not illegal to unlock your phone. You paid for it so you can do whatever the hell you want to do with it. As long as you do not violate Apple's copyright laws you'll be fine.

My iPhone has 1.1.4 fw and is unlocked.

I'm guessing AT&T is your carrier? Its very easy to install 3rd party apps, and you do not have to unlock your phone to do so. :)

You can use apps like iLiberty to "jailbreak" the phone... meaning to make it possible to load 3rd party apps. But of course if you ever have to return the phone to apple, do a full restore in itunes. This will "Undo" the hack and return it to stock form.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101797

Start reading this thread I created a while back - it should help you out.

Also read this (if you're a windows user):

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=849

And the mac version:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=847

With iLiberty, you have the option to unlock, or just jailbreak. Its nice to be able to swap out the SIMs if you find yourself in another country and want to make calls. I sak fk AT&T :tongue:

When 2.0 of the software is released and the app store opens, many things will much easier. July 11 is the day.

Back