• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

iphones, ipads, gauges, screens, radar... my latest research and my instal in the NSX

I mentioned already it's Bluetooth sucks, but Bluetooth is not great ever really. I just don't like BT. The whole need to pair and it's failure at times is annoying.

Yes, you have your video thing set wrong. After you set it up to play on the unit and not on an external display, you must then turn the radio off and on, to reboot the thing and have that feature activate. You probably are not doing the off/on thing.

Still with all it's flaws I do find the unit very convenient over plugging in a phone.

I mentioned already it's Bluetooth sucks, but Bluetooth is not great ever really. I just don't like BT. The whole need to pair and it's failure at times is annoying.

Yes, you have your video thing set wrong. After you set it up to play on the unit and not on an external display, you must then turn the radio off and on, to reboot the thing and have that feature activate. You probably are not doing the off/on thing.

Still with all it's flaws I do find the unit very convenient over plugging in a phone.

Yep I know that you said that about BT, I just wanted to confirm. I do not need to pair manually, with BT enabled tt connects to the O'car automatically whenever in BT range. But then again, to no use. I'm going to try the phone speakers instead like you are.

Thanks for the tip about the video setting! And I agree, the pros outweighs the cons with this unit if one is using the phone as an audio source.

I used the built in speaker in my element, that is very different than the nsx where it sits further and there is more noise. For phone calls you may just have to remove the phone from the unit.

It's really too bad because it could be so perfect if it didn't have this flaw. But I guess nothing is perfect. You're driving what speakers with this?

I used the built in speaker in my element, that is very different than the nsx where it sits further and there is more noise. For phone calls you may just have to remove the phone from the unit.

It's really too bad because it could be so perfect if it didn't have this flaw. But I guess nothing is perfect. You're driving what speakers with this?

Looking forward to the O'car S (new version, probably for Iphone 5) and if they have fixed the flaws.

My speakers:

the ipad will fit but needs alot of fine tuning to make it fit right. Im still not finished with the install but this is where I am at so far. I need to fit the duct for the vents and redo the DINOC. I cannot get the stuff to stick around ebrake handle. even bought the little glue sticks they say to use.

IMAG00051.jpg

it is hooked to my amp by device called istreamer. its a digital analog converter and its only one approved by apple so far. The actual ipad holder is on a push bracket. push the top and it pops open enough for me to slide the ipad out the top. like i said, its not 100% done but it does work great and sound great

the ipad will fit but needs alot of fine tuning to make it fit right. Im still not finished with the install but this is where I am at so far. I need to fit the duct for the vents and redo the DINOC. I cannot get the stuff to stick around ebrake handle. even bought the little glue sticks they say to use.

IMAG00051.jpg

it is hooked to my amp by device called istreamer. its a digital analog converter and its only one approved by apple so far. The actual ipad holder is on a push bracket. push the top and it pops open enough for me to slide the ipad out the top. like i said, its not 100% done but it does work great and sound great

If Apple comes out with this rumored "iPad mini" that would be awesome!

it is hooked to my amp by device called istreamer. its a digital analog converter and its only one approved by apple so far.

Not quite sure about that...

http://cypherlabs.com

The question is, does it charge the iPad? Most of the USB host mode DACs don't, which makes them worthless in installation applications like this one.

EDIT: Just read the manual and unlike the Cypher Labs product, the iStreamer does in fact charge the iPad while it's connected to the DAC. So perfect for an installation like this. Very cool!

Last edited:
Yep, charges when it's plugged in. It's cool device. When you shut power off and then turn it back on it even plays the song from where it was left off. Its really small to so it can be fit anywhere really

Yep, charges when it's plugged in. It's cool device. When you shut power off and then turn it back on it even plays the song from where it was left off. Its really small to so it can be fit anywhere really

How does it interact with Siri? Does she talk through the car stereo?

IN order for the DINOC to stick around the handbrake are you will have to do it in multiple pieces. Make sure to line up the carbon grain, you have to look very closely in order to see the breaks in pieces.

Back