• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

IRL/Champ Car race in St. Petersburg

Who are these announcers? "Physical fitness is going to be an issue today both physically, but especially mentally".

What the hell does that mean? :rolleyes:

Re: Is Paul Page back? or was that Jack Arute?

Or maybe FTG told them to say that. But look on the bright side, it makes the drivers' sound intelligent. :rolleyes:

Re: Them 'transition' drivers

Just got around to watching the race, Speed Report and WindTunnel. 5 of the top 10 were Champ Car teams w/ NHL winning. How about that? :eek: Of course the ovals are a different story, but I think this race does confirm that the CC teams have some pretty damn good :cool: engineers and mechanics when it comes to setting up a car from scratch. They will soon be at the front battling with AGR, Chip and Roger every race.

I thought it was a pretty good race, TV commentating aside. Just having more than 15 cars makes the racing better. To hear Ryan Briscoe (I think) blaming a backmarker for crashing; then the commentator's tell everyone that Jay Howard wasn't a backmarker but was leading Briscoe; classic. Its good to know that even the new and improved American open wheel racer can blame the other guy still.

Miner

With some good commentators it'll be easier to watch. I am glad to see the two families back on speaking terms again. I look forward to some good competition between teams and manufacturers.

Back