• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Irvine C&C OMG day- McLarens+Ford GT+BMW 3.0 CSL

While I always bring my camera when attending C&C, I almost left it home this time. Good thing I reconsidered. Today, my eyes and camera lens were focused on a genuine Ford GT40 in beautiful Hunter Green, a jaw-dropping BMW 3.0 CSL "Batmobile", and a squadron of McLarens. Yes, lots of other interesting cars were on hand as always. What a great day!

Someone tell Santa I want one like this under my tree this year.
IMG_4557adj.jpg

IMG_4560adj.jpg

Never seen one of these- a Siata Torino. Beautiful!
IMG_4575adj.jpg

At first I simply walked past this GT40 thinking it just another kit car, as awesome as they are. Then, I wondered why a crowd gathered around it. Answer- it was the genuine article. Wow! Not everyday someone drives in a vintage multi-million dollar car.
IMG_4613adj.jpg

A beautiful ISO Rivolta. Nice!
IMG_4582adj.jpg

Nice side-by-side and a step back to the 1930's.
IMG_4568adj.jpg

The new Ferrari FX. A rather dramatic move for Ferrari to capture some of the GT market. I like it.
IMG_4655adj.jpg

McLaren row. Can you believe this?!
IMG_4640adj.jpg

IMG_4621adj.jpg

A colorful NSX/Lambo sandwich.
IMG_4591adj.jpg

IMG_4652adj.jpg

To me, this photo captures the magic of C&C. Three nice vehicles parked side-by-side separated by generations and a few feet of pavement.
IMG_4604adj.jpg

IMG_4630adj.jpg

IMG_4601adj.jpg

Self portrait standing in front of my custom Pantera (which is for sale).
IMG_4684ver2.jpg

Last edited:
Feel free to post more if you got um. :smile:

Hello, Steve. Haven't seen or heard from you in quite a while. I missed this weekend because I'm in northern Calif with my kids. Thank you for posting photos.

I'm glad you are enjoying the photos and appreciate your comments. Sharing makes shooting pictures worth the effort in taking and posting them. So, here are a few more from my May 26 visit to C&C...

IMG_4346adj.jpg

IMG_4348adj.jpg

IMG_4351adj.jpg

IMG_4378adj.jpg

IMG_4362adj.jpg

IMG_4354adj.jpg

IMG_4387adj.jpg

Hello, Steve. Haven't seen or heard from you in quite a while. I missed this weekend because I'm in northern Calif with my kids. Thank you for posting photos.

Hi Patricia. My work situation has caused me to alter my schedule this past year. My out-of-town consulting assignment is now complete so I am back to a "routine" which includes frequenting C&C here and there. Can't stay away from the car scene too long. :wink:

Hi Patricia. My work situation has caused me to alter my schedule this past year. My out-of-town consulting assignment is now complete so I am back to a "routine" which includes frequenting C&C here and there. Can't stay away from the car scene too long. :wink:

This Thursday night is the NSX meet. See you there? :smile:

Excellent pics. I need to get down there with the NSX again. I will be in town this coming Saturday,is the C&C every Saturday?

incredible collection of cars and wonderful photography!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 129015962562748140.jpg
    129015962562748140.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 236
I missed last weekend, too, and there were two Lamborghini Aventadors and a red Bugatti Veyron! :frown: My friend has photos but he's not on Prime.

nice, but only one pic of the GT40?

Aside from this photo, the others I shot were from the same vantage point. The owner installed (I believe) a plexiglass or lexan cover over the stack intakes. Interesting. Not sure if that was an option back when the rich and famous (and lucky) bought the few GT40s sold worldwide.

IMG_4605adj.jpg

Nice pics! Any more of your Pantera? The color looks pretty neat. Why are you selling?

Thanks. Yes, it is a rather unique Pantera. It is impossible to capture on film what this metal flake paint job does in the sun. Imagine Dorothy's magic ruby slippers. Kinda like that. I am selling due to future plans on buying a house. Here is a link to more photos of this 1973 Custom Pantera- Purgold:

http://photobucket.com/1973PanteraPurgold

Thanks for the link. Your Pantera looks amazing! I know fellow prime member Coz also restores Panteras, but I have not experienced one in motion. I'm sure it's quite the beast! :)

Back