• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is it possible to use headunit without take out antenna?

Dear all,
I mean, listening tape or cd for example and avoid to deploy it?
As far as I remember on the MR2 Toyota, there is a manipulation (push 1 or 2 buttons).
is it the same on the NSX?

I put an antenna defeat switch in. I had to figure out which was the power wire on the antenna and ran wires and installed a switch in my center armrest. I never use the antenna since I have an aftermarket radio with an aux in.

I find our antenna a sign of virility...:eek:

If you are OK with leaving the antenna in the down position all the time, don't cut any wires, just disconnect the plug to the power antenna unit in the trunk. Leave the co axial cable connected to avoid RF termination issues. The NSX radio uses a diversity antenna system with the second antenna located on the hatch glass. For FM reception from close stations the hatch mounted antenna will work just fine.

This option is easily reversible if you ever want to restore operation of the fender mounted antenna.

I have unplugged the antenna so it remain lower for years and everything works fine, even the FM radio, the AM stations are weak.

Dear all,
I mean, listening tape or cd for example and avoid to deploy it?
As far as I remember on the MR2 Toyota, there is a manipulation (push 1 or 2 buttons).
is it the same on the NSX?

Back