• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is the Base NC1 Really the Type-S?

They have to do it if they want to continue to sell the car in Japan. Japanese law changed to require semi-auto (lane sensing/collision avoid) for all new cars after 2020, I believe. This may also be a reason why there is no JDM 21 available.

This, exactly.

There is only 1 "new" NSX in Japan that I know of, in Indy Yellow Pearl 2, it has 10km on the clock.
so not much inventory to shift...

Good omens for the future with Honda taking development back to Japan.

NSX Type R 1992, NSX-R 2002, new NC1 for 2022, possibly R spec?

Last edited:
Found this updated article on 2022 NSX.

https://www.carindigo.com/news/2022...d-prices-release-date-specs-features-pictures

Not sure how credible these guys are but they are reporting:

[h=3]2022 Acura NSX Latest Updates:[/h]
  • Prices to remain the same as the outgoing model

• Interior to get a bit more premium than the outgoing model

• Will remain unchanged on the exterior front

Moving on, there are also chances that the 2022 NSX may get updated seats with better bolstering and padding to enhance the driver-centric quotient of the cabin. The NSX's seats currently focus more on comfort rather than performance, but that might change come the next model year.

You can expect a full digital cluster with high definition display this time which shall add an upmarket touch to its cabin.

Some of the highlight features of the infotainment unit could be:
  • Wireless smartphone charging pad
  • 4 USB charging ports
  • 8-inch high-resolution color touchscreen display
  • SiriusXM satellite radio
We expect Acura to offer many updates in terms of safety with the 2022 model of the NSX Coupe. Some of the safety features on offer will be:

• Forward-collision warning and automated emergency braking
  • Blind-spot monitoring
  • Lane-departure warning
  • Pre-collision safety system
  • Driver Attention Warning
  • Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist

If that is true as written (and we all know how rumors go), then I will be even more happy to own a 2020 model. I don't want a less comfortable seat, I don't care about a full digital cluster (and actually might prefer the current setup), and definitely don't want most of those safety nannies. BSM by itself might be nice (I've gotten spoiled and used to that on other vehicles, plus the NSX despite its amazing visibility does have a big blind spot), but I've had most of those other features on other cars and find them more annoying than helpful.

I've said it before and I'll say it again--if they come out with a convertible NSX then I'd be tempted to trade up, otherwise I don't think there's much Acura could do to get me out of my current NSX.

Could be, but I doubt it. Aren't all the other NSX colors unique to the NSX? I remember asking the Acura HQ folks if I'd ever be able to get an NSX in my ZDX's color (dark cherry pearl), and they told me that as awesome as that would be (very close to the Tony Stark color), they didn't see it happening.

TLX phoey

I had one of the regular ones as a loaner yesterday when I was having my NSX changed over from winter tires/wheels to summer tires/wheels.

The dash had some weird vibration that was accentuated when driving over scraped pavement.

The controls are cryptic for stuff like the radio.

The dash is super busy.

The interior bits weren't any better than the Lexus NX I had today as a loaner when doing a similar seasonal swap for my LC 500 convertible.

Back