• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Issue after abs upgrade. Does not power up, no abs light, tcs light on

Hello primers,

I upgraded my 92 abs to 02+ spec.

everything is in and wired. No brake fluid yet.

when I turn on the ignition, no abs light comes on. It's like it does not get any power. The tcs light comes on and stays obviously because it misses the signals from the abs.

I tried error code blinking by shorting the diagnostic plug. No abs light or blinking.

I checked all the fuses, all good. I checked the plugs of the conversion harness, all looks
ok. The harness is a lhd conversion of the ksp harness by Kaz.

don't know what to do now. Any ideas where to look at.

cheers
Bernhard

nobody an idea?

In the meantime I rechecked all the wiring.
I found that the relay switching the abs light gets activated instantly with the ignition, not two seconds delayed for bulb check.

plugging in the old abs computer throws an ABS light (obviously because the old abs is missing completely) and the TCS works like it should.

ABS modulator shot?

Bernhard

its not the sos kit. It uses the KSP harness which has been converted to LHD application by Kaz. All parts beside the harness are OEM Honda.

It does not throw any code.

I does not even come near the point where it could throw a code because it seems that the abs computer does not power up at all.

Bernhard

Did I read correctly on the UK site that you might have reversed the polarity to the abs unit when you first iinstalled? Perhaps that damaged the unit?

Did I read correctly on the UK site that you might have reversed the polarity to the abs unit when you first iinstalled? Perhaps that damaged the unit?

I did not reverse the polarity. I just hooked up the +12V wire to ground accidentally so the unit did not get any power. Don't see how this could damage the unit.

Bernhard

I definitely would get in touch with Kaz. I sure does sound like you have a bad unit.

I just plugged in the old abs Computer ... No abs light! So it also does not work any more!

Do I miss something?

Is there another fuse box somewhere hidden?

I checked the one in the front and the one in the engine bay three times and all was good.

bernhard

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:

i missed something!

The old abs computer needs ground. When I did hold it against the ground the abs light came on.

I am pretty sure the abs modulator is shot. I also could not bleed the front right wheel because the abs blocks the fluid flow.

Bernhard

- - - Updated - - -

I made two videos:

With old abs computer plugged in. TCS works (tried it). ABS light comes on. Obviously because the old abs is missing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfNiFLQjhK4

New abs connected. ABS light only on while cranking. TCS light comes on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMgVSitDAVI

Sadly my friend with the 05 car did not have time to stop by for testing :(

Bernhard

Back