• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

it is, a sad tday today

well guys, as much of you already knwo of my quest for a 94 nsx... i don't think it will come through. my monthly payments for my apt seem more than i thought.. so i do not think it will be safe for me to get an nsx, and have to struggle with those payments and my rent, and insurence. i have been looking into other cars and yes, i do feel likle a traitor. but i was wondering for some opinion on which car to buy. i'm looking for a manual, preferablly 6 speed, 0 to 60 in under 6, quarter mile in low 14's
so i have been looking at the audi s4. i hope insurence will be lower on that than an NSX, is it true that AWD veichles generally have higher insurence?
btw whatever car i get i'm going to lease until i can afford to own an nsx, then i'm sellin it back. =) whatevre happens i'm never gonna leave this forum
any suggestions anyone?

Get something inexpensive and/or used, and save several hundred bucks a month. Set that money aside in a special account and use it to get the NSX you really want, when you're in a position to afford it.

i'll see what i can do, but i need a car to help my business, marketing tool really.. thats why i wanted an old nsx, i could afford a 92 or 93, but allt hose problems, and having a car almost a decade old, i dont think i'd bein the mood for maintainence just yet =P
i hope to make enough money so i can buy the new nsx, whenever it comes out..
yes the s2k is a very nice car, my cousin who works the same business i am in just recently purchased one, also with the marga hills kit =)
i dont know what else fits the type of car i want, but its in the class of the lex gs400, honda s2k, audi s4 that kinda thing.. i would'nt mind having a huge gansta tank lilke the s4..
and yes as far as the savings go, ill put all the extra money into my mutual funds, hopefully that will get somewhere someday. puaha ill just wait until it does..
sigh, i'm still upset i'm not purchasing an nsx, i always wanted to be a part of all this nsx crazyness.. well i guess it will have to wait i'll be the first to purchase the new nsx =) and i'll let all you guys know as soon as i get it.. anyone know what year its coming out in?

Save your money for Spring 2003; I'm still blown away by this SRT-4 ...

The 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 goes from 0-60 in 5.9 seconds, straight out of the factory, making it the second fastest current-production Chrysler vehicle. Even with that mind-blowing acceleration - matched in recent Dodge history only by the Viper, Spirit R/T, and Daytona R/T - the Dodge Neon SRT-4 is under $20,000
http://www.allpar.com/neon/neon-srt-4.html

quarter-view.jpg

Hey hypeElite- wanna buy my Rx7 TT?? hehe- will do a high 12 in the quarter with boost turned up and a 0-60 somewhere in the low 5 sec. =)...mostly set up for road tracks though....dont worry I'm still looking for that NSX too..time will come.

------------------
93RX7TT-(4sale for NSX!)
95 Legend LS Coupe
89 Mazda MPV-Daily Beater

i feel so saddened i felt lilke i already owned an nsx and now i'm losing it.. hah
well i know i could afford an older one but now its like "do you want a car that old"
of course it looks nice to the world...
AHH i'm still depressed someone help me out

I don't understand your not wanting a 91-92 car it's the same car as a 93-94 I'm selling my 91 34k mile car Red/Black 5spd in pristine cond.all books window sticker etc. study the cars and you'll find out what I say is true,or you tell me what the difference is other than age given 2 cars are same cond.If you want a nice unmolested car with no stories call me and I'll make you a good deal.707-328-5819 Doug

The insurance on my S4Avant is half again
more than my NSX. The awful gas mileage
of the S4 always bothers me when filling
up, but I do like the S4 alot. Shift linkage
sucks. What about a 2003 CL'S' 6-speed.

The finest non-exotic sports car made is the Mark IV Toyota Twin Turbo Supra.

I'd get a '93-'95. With a few thousand, you can spank NSXs, Vipers, and Ferraris.

The Supra is truly the finest sports car made next to the NSX IMO.

------------------
David Allen
'00 Silverstone NSX-T
Comptech SC, Headers, Intake, Exhaust & a little Mark Basch tweakage

i'd prefer a rear wheel drive car over awd, and least favorite front wheel, marks off the cl-s. well whoever it was about the nsx from 91's and up to 94's yea i guess the cars are about athe same, but buying such an old car can be dangerous unless throuly checked up on like you said, i'd want an 93 to have a passenger side airbag.. yea, its just i'd prefer not to have an older car when i can have a 2000 model car so maybe i'm leanin toward the s4

about the s4 and the horrible mileage, man thats something thats beginning to worry me, however what is up with the shift linkage again? i hear 3rd gear is hard to find

Originally posted by hypelite911:
i'm looking for a manual, preferablly 6 speed, 0 to 60 in under 6, quarter mile in low 14's

How about a 93+ MR2 Turbo?

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

my nsx is a third vehicle BUT i would drive it everyday. ive lived with it long enough (2k) to say it is as comfortable as my escalade and 20xs the fun.

if youre willing to spend 30ksomething on a car, buy the nsx. honda consistently builds the most reliable cars, period.

besides the general maintenance which is really no different than any other newer vehicle, i see no downside. whatever car you buy you should check out the insurance costs first.

im not sure what concerns you should have about an old nsx?

in this price range with the intention of having only one vehicle in the garage, id do it. (wouldnt have thought so until i bought one myself)

Originally posted by frisbee54:
my 91 34k mile car Red/Black 5spd in pristine cond.all books window sticker etc. study the cars and you'll find out what I say is true,or you tell me what the difference is other than age given 2 cars are same cond.

I too was skeptical ... but after buying a '93 with 63K on it, I swear you cannot tell it from new inside or out from a brand new car. I agree with Doug, I don't care if a NSX is 10 years old with 34K on it or a one year old NSX with 34K on it, the remaining life is the same based on the odometer. I do however, think this only applies to Hondas though ...

Originally posted by Slingshot:
I don't care if a NSX is 10 years old with 34K on it or a one year old NSX with 34K on it, the remaining life is the same based on the odometer.

I agree, with one caveat. This assumes that the car has been well maintained, with all the maintenance items done according to the schedule and any other problems taken care of. A '91 can be every bit as pristine as a newer car with the same mileage.

But the converse is also true; a '94 (or even a '97) that has generally been treated like crap can be just as bad as a '91 that has been treated like crap.

really? dennis wong said that?

i had dinner with him at morton's steakhouse in tysons corner in northern virginia last year

october 5th, actually

so when did he tell you this? =)

I second Russ' suggestion. I bought a '93 MR2 Turbo because I wanted an NSX but couldn't afford it at the time. It was red and I had a paint shop "black in" the canopy "just like the NSX". It was a great car - fun, fast, nimble, and mid engined!

I sold my MR2 to my brother (whom I live with) and bought a '91 NSX when I had saved more money, but if I could afford it, I would buy the car back and keep both of them. IMO the MR2 gives you 80% of the NSX experience for about 50% of the cost (but I had to have that last 20%).

BTW our driveway looks pretty cool! Hope this helps.

P.S. Many people mistake my brother's MR2 for a Ferrari (bright red, lowered, good wheels) so this option could work in your "marketing angle".

------------------
'91 Black/Black

IMO, A great buy would be the new CL-S. It'll be out in around a month with a 6 sp. Should be a bad boy! I think I'd consider it greatly.
There aren't any problems associated with the early year model NSX's. Just look for one that has had it's t-belt service, coolant hoses and check it for the snap ring range. Remember, just because a car is in the range doesn't mean that it's gonna fail.
Barn Man..

Back