• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I've let everyone down...JH4NA1157NT000018

I can only hope that those of you in this forum can look past my age and inexperience and treat me once again as a peer and fellow enthusiast. :frown:
Sorry to hear your lost. I am glad you are ok, that is the most important thing. Now you have experienced the NSX, you must make a come back in NSX.

it is your personal freedom and none of anyone's business. You did not need to admit mistake to anyone, it was however very nice of you to inform those who had helped you during the search. Shit can happen to even best drivers. Unfortunately by admitting it virtually guarantee you will get some mr wise comments from whom was not at the scene. When shit happens you will see people's true colors.

I'll take back what i say about "not getting an nsx yet, instead get another Sports car for experience etc etc..." ... in the end it's your choice ... good luck man!
OScar

You don't lift in the middle of a turn in an NSX.

You are correct, sir. That's why I lifted awhile before and was cruising at 45mph.

It will do me no good to explain the physics of the situation anyhow. People will believe what they want to believe and that's fine.

The point is that it happened, it's over with, I'm covered, and I'll press on.

I just wanted to let those of you in the community know what happened and how grateful I've been for the info and help and let those in the future know about the VIN.

Man, I'm sorry. I'm sure INS. will take care of it and you can just purchase a new one. no big deal.

You are correct, sir. That's why I lifted awhile before and was cruising at 45mph.

It will do me no good to explain the physics of the situation anyhow. People will believe what they want to believe and that's fine.

The point is that it happened, it's over with, I'm covered, and I'll press on.

I just wanted to let those of you in the community know what happened and how grateful I've been for the info and help and let those in the future know about the VIN.

I really do appreciate you sharing your experiences so that others(especially myself) can learn from what happened and be a little bit more careful when driving in certain conditions. I have been lucky because I have never had any issues with the rain and as a result I probably have not been as cautious as I should be in wet areas. This is definitely a wake up call. Hopefully, your insurance will not skyrocket. I know it is high enough as it is since your under 25.

But I am glad that you and the passenger are OK. That is the most important thing. Anyways, good luck with your search for another one.

You don't lift in the middle of a turn in an NSX.

If I read it right, it was his front end that broke loose first, which is counter to what would most likely happen if he lifted in the turn.

USAFDarkhorse, sounds like USAA is taking care of you. I am a longtime USAA customer, and they've been great for all of my claims in the past (NSX especially). Best of luck, and sorry to hear about what happened.

n9427817_37704129_7690.jpg

n9427817_37704130_7986.jpg

n9427817_37704133_8849.jpg

n9427817_37704134_9163.jpg

Wow...a little further foward and the passenger would not have walked away without a trip to the ER. The car looks like it's totalled. :frown:

Why don't you offer to buy it back as-is and sell it to me :) - Thats what I did when my car got totaled. Made out pretty well.

an end... but, perhaps a new beginning!

Hmmm... let's see:

- no injuries of note

- NSX was insured

- no otutside parties/individuals affected

- no property/materiel` loss, excluding NSX

Not too much to be down about when you look at the big picture, right'o!

Bests' of luck towards acquiring another NSX and SAFELY acclimatizing yourself to it!

Off-topic...

If/when the insurance adjuster completes his work, please let us know what is the damage and also inquire about re-purchasing the NSX through them. Don't let the NSX goto some wrecker/wholesaler who simply want to flip-n-flip-n-flip'it for a profit; let a fellow enthusiast bring it back to form/function! :cool:

Sorry to hear about your accident.:frown: It's like a nightmare, I know. Let me tell you, it could have been worst. It could have been a head on or side impact collision. In either case, don't think you would be walking away from the accident. Life is more important that a vehicle. Let's focus on the positive - everyone is still walking.

Unfortunately, by the looks of the damage, I think it's going to be salvaged by insurance. :frown:

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear about your wreck and don't be too hard on yourself - it could happen to anyone. I got some VALUEABLE information just prior to buying my NSX and driving it cross country. A local owner warned me not to drive fast through rain or wet streets as he had spun 360s on the highway in wet conditions.

A luck would have it - I ran into some heavy rain in a spot during my trip home and slowed the car down significantly. Otherwise - I might have driven her right off the interstate.

For any prospetive buyers - keep this thread in mind!

Wish you well in the resolution of this matter. Keep positive and soon you'l have another crack at your dream car.

Very sorry to hear about your wreck and don't be too hard on yourself - it could happen to anyone. I got some VALUEABLE information just prior to buying my NSX and driving it cross country. A local owner warned me not to drive fast through rain or wet streets as he had spun 360s on the highway in wet conditions.

A luck would have it - I ran into some heavy rain in a spot during my trip home and slowed the car down significantly. Otherwise - I might have driven her right off the interstate.

For any prospetive buyers - keep this thread in mind!

Wish you well in the resolution of this matter. Keep positive and soon you'l have another crack at your dream car.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ditto

I'm glad you and your friend weren't hurt. This could of happen to anyone. I m sure you will be in another NSX in no time. Goodluck with everything.

So Sad to read about this. :frown: My advice is to just learn what you can from it and move on. If it is totalled, be sure to get all the mods off the car before you let the insurance company have it. Then start looking again.:smile:

Glad everyone was A-Okay!:smile:

Sorry dude that would be my nightmare when purchasing an NSX and then losing her. I donno about u, but USAA has always been good to me, and if they treat you the same, you should be in good hands.

I too have spun out my first NSX on a wet spot in the middle of a turn. Mine was totaled as well, but I ended up getting more from the insurance than what I paid for it so it worked out in the end.

Post some pics maybe it's not as bad as you think it is.

Maybe it is. But look on the bright side - with insurance coverage you may be able to get a better one. When I was 18, I wrecked my Isuzu Impulse and ended up buying a Porsche 924 Turbo with the insurance money. I've been improving ever since.

Re: an end... but, perhaps a new beginning!

Hmmm... let's see:

- no injuries of note

- NSX was insured

- no otutside parties/individuals affected

- no property/materiel` loss, excluding NSX

Not too much to be down about when you look at the big picture, right'o!

Bests' of luck towards acquiring another NSX and SAFELY acclimatizing yourself to it!

Off-topic...

If/when the insurance adjuster completes his work, please let us know what is the damage and also inquire about re-purchasing the NSX through them. Don't let the NSX goto some wrecker/wholesaler who simply want to flip-n-flip-n-flip'it for a profit; let a fellow enthusiast bring it back to form/function! :cool:

This is my whole ideal...to let the car go to someone who will give it back its essence and bring her back to run the roads again.
For this reason, I'm highly cautious about taking the insurance settlement and letting the car go to whomever. It deserves more than that.

I will let you all know of the adjuster's findings as I'm sure many of you will be able to point me in the right direction as to what I should do next.

I am truly crushed, even after learning it can be replaced. Can you replace something that was perfect? I had everything I required of that car.

Thank you all for the kind words. As I look back at the accident and satellite photos, I think I may have figured out a significant cause to the accident. The curve also intersected with another road. Because of this, there may have been some gravel in the road as I lost control in the middle of the curve.
I need to go back to the scene and analyze a little more, but I will let everyone know what I find.

Thanks again

Here is the accident scene:

n9427817_37706432_7790.jpg

I have marked the path of travel in red, and the path of lost control in yellow. The infamous tree has been circled. Behind the tree is a huge field.

burn, baby burn...

usafdarkhourse said:
I'm highly cautious about taking the insurance settlement and letting the car go to whomever.
Basically, the insurance-adjuster will offer you 'X' amount of dollars (ie. market-value of your particular NSX, plus applicable tax/title/licensing-registration fees paid).

They will also tell you for what amount you can buy-back the as-is NSX (it maybe 10%-12% of the market-value of an undamaged NSX). They will deduct that amount from your settlement-check. In the end, you'll have 'X' dollars and the damaged NSX (to repair or sell).

Ex.

~ $27,500 -> NSX valuation
+ $1,500 -> TTL
* $25,000 check + 'totalled' NSX *

Sell 'totalled' NSX for > $4,000 to prospective buyer (hopefully, an NSX-enthusiast).

You then have even more money to acquire another NSX.

I only suggest you proceed w/ this path if you know precisely what the total damage entails and that you have a willing/committed buyer lined-up.

The infamous tree has been circled.
You need to chop that mo'fo tree right down and make into oil-change planks/ramps for your future NSX! :D

Maybe it is. But look on the bright side - with insurance coverage you may be able to get a better one. When I was 18, I wrecked my Isuzu Impulse and ended up buying a Porsche 924 Turbo with the insurance money. I've been improving ever since.

Ha, I wrecked my RX-7 and ended up with a 924. LOL!

This NSX is done IMO. Thats is frame damage for sure. :frown: Thank goodness you are ok that is all that matters.

Back