• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ivory interior

Hi Folks!

I just updated the stereo and trim on my 1991 black and ivory NSX. I replaced all of the interior trim pieces with carbon fiber bits from EuroBoutique. I scrubbed the carpet and re-dyed the black center console. Everything looks great except for the drivers sheet which shows some signs of wear. There are no rips on tears but there are some wear marks on the left bolster. Does anyone know if it is possible to re-dye the white wears marks or the entire seats again to cover the wear marks? If so, what is the best product to use?

Thanks!

Nate in DC

Attachments

• 0B8F51CC-2513-48A5-87CC-2967ECDEEC40.jpg
    0B8F51CC-2513-48A5-87CC-2967ECDEEC40.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 334
  • 68A5BBDA-9CD0-4F1F-980B-DC187D9215C5.jpg
    68A5BBDA-9CD0-4F1F-980B-DC187D9215C5.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 334
  • 266C67C8-20D2-4F68-B33A-AD874E2A2BF6.jpg
    266C67C8-20D2-4F68-B33A-AD874E2A2BF6.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 348
Wow that looks great! I always loved the ivory interior :smile:

I don't know about dying the leather seats but judiciously applied shoe polish works to touch up my black seats. Maybe get a few shades of whitish shoe polish/cream and give them a try?

Agreed, that interior looks great.

Take your seats to a few local interior shops and ask if they can repair the tears. They'll likely have to remove the leather skins from the seats but it'll be worth it if they can fix the issues and perform any preventative fixes.

Last edited:
[MENTION=7960]nbovelle[/MENTION]

I know that this is really late to the party; but, if you have not had any luck check Gliptone Scuffmaster leather dyes

SCUFFmaster Leather Dye (liquidleather.co.uk)

I used the black version of their product in 2012 to fix up the typical scuffs and lines that form on the bolsters.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...inishing-kit?p=1538829&viewfull=1#post1538829

The product does require that the leather be absolutely clean and degreased . It does take some care in applying to get a uniform finish which is much easier to do with the seats out of the car; but, is probably doable with the seats in the car. The dye has been very durable with no rub out at all in 9 years.

Their web site has changed since I ordered my stuff. They use to have a look up library of colors which I can no longer find. Its not even clear how you spec the color when you place an order so it might be useful to email them to see if they can do a color match for your ivory interior or what mix of dyes they might suggest to use for the ivory. Its a good product if you are still looking for an option.

[MENTION=7960]nbovelle[/MENTION]

I know that this is really late to the party; but, if you have not had any luck check Gliptone Scuffmaster leather dyes

SCUFFmaster Leather Dye (liquidleather.co.uk)

I used the black version of their product in 2012 to fix up the typical scuffs and lines that form on the bolsters.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...inishing-kit?p=1538829&viewfull=1#post1538829

The product does require that the leather be absolutely clean and degreased . It does take some care in applying to get a uniform finish which is much easier to do with the seats out of the car; but, is probably doable with the seats in the car. The dye has been very durable with no rub out at all in 9 years.

Their web site has changed since I ordered my stuff. They use to have a look up library of colors which I can no longer find. Its not even clear how you spec the color when you place an order so it might be useful to email them to see if they can do a color match for your ivory interior or what mix of dyes they might suggest to use for the ivory. Its a good product if you are still looking for an option.

Thank you! I will definitely check them out!

Great center console restoration! I'm gonna show that to my friend for his new Camaro project. The new exhaust and tires from 4Wheelonline are getting installed this week and he'll do the interior next.

Back