• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

J-Swap Motor Mount Adapter Kit

J-Swap Motor Mounts, $999

This is the basic motor mount adapter kit that will allow you to bolt a Honda/Acura J-series motor into the NSX chassis. No modifications are made to the NSX and you re-use all of the original NSX motor mounts.

What’s included in the kit:

1. Front motor mount adapter
2. Right motor mount adapter
3. Axle half-shaft adapter
4. Pilot bushing
5. Throttle bracket adapter
6. Heat Pipe Cap
7. Transmission bolt

Pros:
Completely reversible
Plentiful supply of inexpensive engines
Smoother running 60 degree V-6
More room for turbos
Lighter Weight
Same exhaust note
Torque
No fear of breaking your expensive C-motor

Cons:
May lose Traction Control functionality
Most J-Series only have VTEC on the intake cam
Lower redline on the stock J-series.

Additional parts that may be necessary to complete the swap:
Custom Heater hose
Custom Radiator hoses
Fuel rails (Honda Odyssey 2000-01)
AN Fuel lines
Exhaust adapters (see below)
A/C line adapters (see below)
Wire harness plugs (I have used ones available)
Modification of the J-series engine wire harness (I will have available soon)
J-series ECU to NSX Chassis wire harness adapter (I will have available soon)
Engine coolant temperature gauge sending unit
Oil pressure gauge sending unit relocation kit (see below)
⅛” BSPT T-adapter (see below)
Dakota Digital SGI-5 Universal Signal Interface

Kit_zpsppsd1d2m.jpg

$999 includes PP fees and shipping in USA.

Note: If you have a 1991-4 OBD1 NSX, then I suggest the J32A2 engine from the 2001-03 Acura CL and 2002-03 Acura TL with an automatic transmission wire harness, or the J35A3 from a 2001-02 Acura MDX.

Last edited:
Exhaust manifold flanges now available.

This flange will fit the J32A2 and J35A3 factory exhaust manifold outlet and the NSX catalytic converter inlet.

Dimensions:

1/2" mild steel, 2.25" center. $20.00/flange + fees and shipping

3/8" mild steel, 2.00" center. $15.00/flange + fees and shipping

20150512_163343_zps0e4fqwkj.jpg

J32A2/J35A3 to NSX exhaust pipe adapters now available. These pipes will connect the stock J32A2/J35A3 exhaust manifolds to the NSX cat/test pipe. Additional adapters may be required for later year NSXs.

Specs for final pipes:
2" O.D Stainless pipe, stock is 1.4" I.D.
6" Stainless Flex pipe
O2 bungs
Slip joint

$625 a set.

Front pipe:
20150522_161524_zpsaj0tzpfx.jpg

Rear pipe:
20150522_161541_zpsrkcxitvk.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work. Looking forward to some reviews of the swaps!

I received a couple J35A3 motors. One of these will probably be prepared for sale as a complete plug-n-play J-Swap for a 91-94 NSX. Could also be used in a 95+ NSX with some modifications.

J35A3_zpss6fzfm7j.jpg

Last edited:
This is such an amazing kit and thank you for doing all this work! If one wanted to use a J32A3 engine, would this kit work? Is there a solution for the DBW yet if one wanted to do that swap? Ideally, I would want to run forced induction and the merged exhaust manifold makes that a lot cleaner.

This is such an amazing kit and thank you for doing all this work! If one wanted to use a J32A3 engine, would this kit work? Is there a solution for the DBW yet if one wanted to do that swap? Ideally, I would want to run forced induction and the merged exhaust manifold makes that a lot cleaner.

aznbo187 Thanks and thanks for your interest. Yes, the motor mount kit will work for both the DBC J32A2 and the DBW J32A3.

The J32A3 DBW should not be a problem, Honda/Acura used a DBW control module that was usually mounted by the firewall and connects to the throttle cable. The DBW module converts the cable movement into a DBW signal to control the DBW throttle body.

If you have a 91-94 DBC NSX and want to put in a DBW J-series motor you will want to get the DBW control module for the J-motor that you select and connect the NSX throttle cable to it. Or, use an adapter to put a DBC throttle body on the DBW J-motor.

If you have a 95+ DBW NSX then the DBW J-motor should be easier. You may have to use the DBW control module from the J-motor.

I have not worked with a DBW NSX J-swap yet but I will help out any way that I can.

FYI, the 95+ DBW control module for the NSX is under the front hood by the master brake cylinder.

Last edited:
Back