• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jax Cars & Coffee

This is the first one in Jax...

carsandcoffee-aa2.jpg

Not an "official" Cars & Coffee chapter...but gotta start somewhere.

Bummer! I've got my car up on jack stands to install headers and exhaust, replace CV boots, oil pan gasket, spool valve gaskets, tranny fluid change, oil change, etc., etc., I'd love to make it but my parts won't arrive in time.

Next time.

Wow, I had no idea there were that many of us here in Jax.
We certainly need to get together and have a meet somewhere. I would like to get to know the other owners here locally.

Update from the event organizer:

Parking will be in front of Ashley Furniture and DSW. We will have to utilize this are due to the response that we are getting. It seems it will be a lot more cars to join us than expected which is very good news! This is still a few steps from Starbucks so you will still be able to enjoy a cup of java! Looks like it will be a very big turnout.

Wow, I had no idea there were that many of us here in Jax.
We certainly need to get together and have a meet somewhere. I would like to get to know the other owners here locally.

Maurice,

NSX-FILES was the only other Nsx that posted thats from Jacksonville. Does that mean you didnt know there were at least 2 of you :biggrin: You have the Worst schedule of anyone I know, LOL. Sunday is church, Saturday is wrk. You miss all the good Stuff.

Oster

Robert, (NegCamber)

Glad to see you are working with some people, or you yourself starting some Car stuff in Jacksonville. I know i have asked Maurice a few times and you if there was any car stuff going on there in Jacksonville. Both of you said not really. Thats Crazy for as Big a town as that is.
I just moved to Jesup, Ga about 2 weeks ago, but am working at a shop in Hinesville, by Ft. Stewart. I'm about 2 hrs away from Jacksonville. I would love to drive over, but Sunday meets are better for me. Time of day isnt usually a issue for me either. Hope things go good for the first meet. Keep me informed.

Oster

Last edited:
Maurice,

NSX-FILES was the only other Nsx that posted thats from Jacksonville. Does that mean you didnt know there were at least 2 of you :biggrin: You have the Worst schedule of anyone I know, LOL. Sunday is church, Saturday is wrk. You miss all the good Stuff.

Oster

Actually, there are about 6-7 NSXs that I'm aware of, although I've never been able to meet any of the owners in person. Maybe I'll go tomorrow and check it out.
David

Just got back from this - a real good turnout. I was the only NSX. My neighbor brought his Ford GT (I knew where he was going when I heard his engine start up this morning). There were about 10 Honda S2000s, a Murcielago, Lotus Elise, Viper, a bunch of BMWs, and more. Looking forward to the next one! Add me to the list if there is one.
David
[email protected]

Just got back from this - a real good turnout. I was the only NSX. My neighbor brought his Ford GT (I knew where he was going when I heard his engine start up this morning). There were about 10 Honda S2000s, a Murcielago, Lotus Elise, Viper, a bunch of BMWs, and more. Looking forward to the next one! Add me to the list if there is one.
David
[email protected]

What color was the GT? I know of 3 owners here locally that I talk with quite often.
I have been stuck at work so I couldn't make it.:frown:

Maurice,

Oster

FILES and I have spoken a few times via PM on here but haven't gotten to meet yet. It will happen.
I personally know 3 other owners here locally but have seen a few more than that around town.
Since I'm a new parent, I just don't have the time to get out and do much car stuff anymore. Not that I don't want to though just have other things going on.

What color was the GT? I know of 3 owners here locally that I talk with quite often.
I have been stuck at work so I couldn't make it.:frown:

His name is Mitchell and his GT is gray with white stripes. He had a larger pulley installed and a tune by HP in Orange Park putting down 600hp at the wheels.

He also just bought an Audi R8 black with carbon fiber blades that he is selling.

His name is Mitchell and his GT is gray with white stripes. He had a larger pulley installed and a tune by HP in Orange Park putting down 600hp at the wheels.

He also just bought an Audi R8 black with carbon fiber blades that he is selling.

I know him personally. He came to get some exhaust manifold to muffler gaskets from me yesterday for the grey car.
He is actually considering buying another GT with lower miles than his(~3500). I knew he was talking about the R8 but didn't know he got it already. Real nice, soft spoken guy.

Hey Oster...great to hear from you! I didn't realize you moved so close.

There's actually a pretty good s2k group that is getting going in Savannah. I was able to convense the s2ki admins to re-org the Atlanta forum to a Georgia forum since the Atlanta guys created a non-s2ki forum...so Savannah is the new s2ki powerhouse for Georgia. We've had a couple Jax-Savannah events already this year. You should definitely make it out to some of the Savannah events.

Files...I saw your car. That is a very nice NSX. I was trying to get MASE to come out with his NSX too, but he was out of town picking up his new Nissan toy. :D

BTW...I'd never seen that red/black interior before. Is that stock? Beautiful.

Hey Oster...great to hear from you! I didn't realize you moved so close.

There's actually a pretty good s2k group that is getting going in Savannah. I was able to convense the s2ki admins to re-org the Atlanta forum to a Georgia forum since the Atlanta guys created a non-s2ki forum...so Savannah is the new s2ki powerhouse for Georgia. We've had a couple Jax-Savannah events already this year. You should definitely make it out to some of the Savannah events.

Files...I saw your car. That is a very nice NSX. I was trying to get MASE to come out with his NSX too, but he was out of town picking up his new Nissan toy. :D

BTW...I'd never seen that red/black interior before. Is that stock? Beautiful.

Were you standing near my car when I left? I heard someone on a cell mentioning my BBS wheels as I was getting in the car to leave. I've met Mase at his shop - I suppose a "new Nissan toy" would be a GTR?

Not stock seats, leatherseats.com. Thanks,
David

Files...I recall seeing your car still there when we pulled out, so couldn't have been me. But several were commenting on your wheels. The car is sharp.

BTW...the s2k crew have a contact who does paint for a local Honda dealer. He's done some good work for us on the side. We can get you in contact if you want to get the driver's side view mirror fixed.

92NSX...I don't have an NSX...but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :D

Here are some pics from the event:

S7300529.jpg

S7300526.jpg

"Look Dad...I'm taller than this car!"
S7300525.jpg

S7300546.jpg

S7300550.jpg

Last edited:
Files...I recall seeing your car still there when we pulled out, so couldn't have been me. But several were commenting on your wheels. The car is sharp.

BTW...the s2k crew have a contact who does paint for a local Honda dealer. He's done some good work for us on the side. We can get you in contact if you want to get the driver's side view mirror fixed.

As for painting the mirror, I appreciate the offer. I have a perfect condition Berlina Black mirror in my garage. I just need to pull the interior door panel to swap the mirror. But I'd like the contact info anyway as my front bumper will need to be resprayed soon since some dumptruck spilled pebbles all over my freshly painted front end on I95.

Nsx Files,

I've known Maurice (92Nsx) for a number of yrs. But we joke around. I knew there were other Nsx's in Jax. He even referred another Nsx customer to the shop i used to wrk for in Orlando. Hopefully you guys post about upcoming meets.

Oster

NegCamber,

I wrk in Hinesville, Ga. The first wknd of Aug, I was in Savannah for a Nsx meet that DRUBY organized. It was a Very nice get together. We are looking to do a meet at the shop here, Liberty Tire and Brake. Hopefully in September or October. I'd love to get some S2000's if you might be able to help.
Nice pics of the meet. How many cars came out to the Jax meet?

Oster

Last edited:
Hey Oster...post up in the Georgia s2ki forum and introduce yourself. I know the Savannah guys would love to participate in an s2k + NSX event at your shop. I may be able to swing a few of the Jax crowd to come up too. I know we want to do another Savannah event in the fall when it is cooler.

At the cars & coffee event we had about 10 s2ks out of the 70 cars in the "show".

Crap, I wish I had known about this. I would have been there as I was in town! I see that orance murci all that time.. i love it!

Back