• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JDM Center Console Switch Panel

Hi all, quick questions about the JDM center console switch panel in my car. I just put the center console back together and found something weird.

One, what is the green 5P connector used for? The blue 5P is for the antenna half mast switch, and the green 6P is for the fog & running lights.

I ask because my switch panel actually looks to have two fog light switches for some reason (both 6P so the green 5P female connector won't fit), so one fog light switch is just sitting there doing nothing. Is there a reason a previous owner might've done that? Is there a third 5P switch I'm missing that was originally included on a 1990 JDM car?

Two, the 6P fog light switch is supposed to turn on the rear running taillights and the two running lights at the front markers as well, right? At the moment, neither of my fogs light up which I believe might be bad bulbs and/or connections, since I remember when I bought the car that only one fog worked, but now neither of them turn on.

Three switch connectors below, nowhere for the green 5P to connect to.
xovCiIx.jpg

White is the 5P antenna switch, two black 6P switches are both fog light switches for some reason.
suhSCY0.jpg

Harness wires if that helps.
PSo9IDA.jpg

Thanks all.

Half mast wires

I have a half staff antenna and the switch but no way so far to find out the wire colours that go to them.
Any chance you could help me figure this out. I’ve had them for a couple years and being in the states it’s hard to sort this out. I’d like to run wires or whatever I have to do but I want to use only factory wire colours and the pics you posted dont’t let me see any of the colours for the aerial and I’d like to be sure which connector to use.
Thanks

Cheers
nigel

Got it, the connector was taped to the harness and I didn't remember if I had disconnected it in the past. The extra 6P switch threw me off.

I think it would be a vestigial rear fog switch since only EU spec cars had them, right? Are the rear fogs a separate bulb/housing or would they power on if I connected the harness up?

Guess a PO added another fog switch for whatever reason, I guess it's nice to have an extra. Maybe I can repurpose it for another accessory.

I have a half staff antenna and the switch but no way so far to find out the wire colours that go to them.
Any chance you could help me figure this out. I’ve had them for a couple years and being in the states it’s hard to sort this out. I’d like to run wires or whatever I have to do but I want to use only factory wire colours and the pics you posted dont’t let me see any of the colours for the aerial and I’d like to be sure which connector to use.
Thanks

Cheers
nigel

Unfortunately that's the only pic I took of the harness connectors, of course the one you want is hidden since I wasn't focusing on it. I have the console back together but I'll be taking it off again sometime soon if you don't mind waiting a bit for the pic.

Are you saying you'd like to run your own factory-colored wires from the switch to the antenna, or tap into an existing harness/connectors for both? The electronic troubleshooting manual should have the wire pinouts & colors for the antenna, but I'm not sure if the half-mast thing is only for other markets or every NSX antenna has a half mast function. I don't have the ETM on me at the moment but can post pics of the antenna diagrams if that would help.

EDIT: Looks like the JDM antenna has a control box not included on EU/US antenna assys, https://honda.epc-data.com/nsx/e-na1/14730/electric/26315/?p=24&fromMap=1. Because of that I don't know if an Acura ETM would have the diagram you want but I can get a pic of the harness soon.

Last edited:
1. 5pin connector
It's for the optional accessory 'corner sensor' switch.
Pre-wired at the factory.

2. Fog light sw
Your assumption is correct.
When you press this switch, it will not only trigger the fog light relay but also the taillight one as well.

So, it will power up the R&L fog lights, 3 x 5W (small/position/running) filaments (of which two of them per side are part of the double filament bulb) at each taillight and the R&L front small/position/running lights.

European models have different light configuration due to light/lens distance regulation at that time.

Dead light bulb or non-functional R&L fog light should not prevent the taillight relay from being triggered so possibly the switch itself or wiring issue.

Should be easy to test the switch itself.
Hope it's not the wiring issue....
If I remember correctly, that part of the loom runs towards the back of the seat first before heading to the side rail and then to the front.

Kaz

Back