• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jetta TDI Cup race series....

It looks like my friend took the pole in qualifying today. Be on the look out for Josh Hurley in the years to come. He's going to be running with the big dogs.

i was at VIR watching the race start to finish. it was pretty cool and i got to talk with some of the organizers and the racers about how they got involved and everything.

there was a pretty crazy accident/bumping at i think the 4th to last corner where a few positions were changed, and one car went off.

all in all it was a great race, and a great racing weekend.

i was at VIR watching the race start to finish. it was pretty cool and i got to talk with some of the organizers and the racers about how they got involved and everything.

there was a pretty crazy accident/bumping at i think the 4th to last corner where a few positions were changed, and one car went off.

all in all it was a great race, and a great racing weekend.

My friend in the number 11 car had the lead most of the race until the second to last lap. There was a yellow flag and on the restart he got bumped badly and had to pit for a new tire. It's unfortunate because he would have taken a podium finish, but that's racing and I know he'll win a few.

yep. that's exactly what i saw. i have some pictures from it and i'll see if i can put them up.

1946.jpg

this was the scuffle after the flag was lifted, the second to last lap, on i believe the 4th to last corner...

the rest of the weekend was great for racing, as there were GT class cars, prototype cars, a motoGP series, along with the skip barber formula mazda series.
1890.jpg

i was there for the Formula SAE race which was awesome...running on the patriot course. our team had alot of engine problems...but bugs will be bugs.
here's our entry to this year's competition...gearing up for the big race in michigan.
1791.jpg

Last edited:
Hehe that photo of all the VW's fighting for the corner reminds me of the chaos in multiplayer GT5 Prologue....just not as violent :tongue: :biggrin:

My friend who I'm giving a little sponsorship funds to won the third race of the season. This was also the first race where full points were counted in the series. He was on the pole for the first two races, and this one he was on the 2nd starting position. It's such a good thing to be able to watch someone do this all on their own. Beginning with getting sponsorship and then winning races.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...29F9BD-C731-4BF7-8C61-C29B40076777}&dist=hppr

Back