• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JH4NA1152MT800062 - any Houston locals?

This NSX popped up for sale with 107k miles and paint in kinda rough shape, but the price is pretty good ($54k). It's in Katy, TX which unfortunately a state away from me. Are there any Houston-area NSX owners who would be willing to check if this is 1. legit, and 2. a relatively okay NSX? I am not looking for perfection, plus I do not like the custom color and it would need to be repainted or wrapped anyway. It's at a place called Collector's Auto.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Ok good, I guess I was right lol. It's pretty bizarre. Apparently the carfax is clean but I have not run one. But this car looks very, um, used.

I am in Houston but I can tell you that with the added structure under the car I would pass and keep looking. I cannot fathom any reason, other than a bad one, to have added that framework

Thank you mooney. It has been hard to find much info on this car at all. There is another in the Houston area, Sugar Land, that is much nicer. Slightly more money but perhaps worth it, even though it has been in an accident. This maroon one just seems weird and the price is very low.

Edited to add the link for the car with more pictures: https://www.collectorsauto.com/inventory/acura/nsx/800062/

It was posted for sale back in 2016 for $36k, and yeah what's up with the under side???

JH4NA1152MT800062.jpg

ClNvmP.jpg

Last edited:
@sarara

Just got home from looking at the car. The shop owner's name is Sam, seems like a nice guy. They are pretty firm on the price. He said he's getting at least 10 calls a day on it.

The car was originally a black coupe. I'm guessing the 1st owner had it repainted maroon and did a targa top conversion (hence the brace on the underside). If you like the color I think the current paint can be salvaged with some spot repairs and a quick buff job. The same shop sold this car to the 3rd owner, he drove it for a year and traded in back to the shop.

For those that are looking to make it a hardtop coupe and repaint it a different color, a local body shop told me it would be anywhere from $10k-$15k.

IMG_3850.JPEGIMG_3849.JPEGIMG_3848.JPEGIMG_3842.JPEGIMG_3846.JPEGIMG_3843.JPEGIMG_3845.JPEGIMG_3847.jpeg

Weird, I thought I had replied to this thread yesterday but I don't see it. I'm blown away that you went down to look at the car, thank you so much!!! I can appreciate the custom work that went into this car, but I think for my first NSX this might be a bit of a risk for me. Plus I don't think I'll be able to talk my husband into it for those reasons. I just love that price, but understand now why it's that low. Again, thank you so much for checking out the car in person. I'm sure they won't have trouble selling it.

Run away from the light.

Weird, I thought I had replied to this thread yesterday but I don't see it. I'm blown away that you went down to look at the car, thank you so much!!! I can appreciate the custom work that went into this car, but I think for my first NSX this might be a bit of a risk for me. Plus I don't think I'll be able to talk my husband into it for those reasons. I just love that price, but understand now why it's that low. Again, thank you so much for checking out the car in person. I'm sure they won't have trouble selling it.

Anytime, have you seen this listing? It was just posted yesterday.

Anytime, have you seen this listing? It was just posted yesterday.

Yes - Do I need to move to TX? Because it looks like you guys get all the good ones. I am going to show my husband this one later. :)

Yes - Do I need to move to TX? Because it looks like you guys get all the good ones. I am going to show my husband this one later. :)

Sometimes I wished I lived in Dallas, that's where all the good Supra parts seem to be. Best of luck on your NSX hunt.

That is the only cut job that I have seen where the butcher added bracing to put some structural rigidity back into the unibody. The other cut jobs that I have seen didn’t even bother to do that. The price seems high for a parts car - you would probably have better luck with something auctioned by Copart.

Last edited:
That is the only cut job that I have seen where the butcher added bracing to put some structural rigidity back into the unibody. The other cut jobs that I have seen didn’t even bother to that. The price seems high for a parts car - you would probably have better luck with something auctioned by Copart.

This one only went for $27.8k. I was about to bid on it until I saw the SO had drained my savings by $14k without telling me... :cry:

333077593_1643086109484729_6567454682519218546_n.jpg

Back