• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jinks engine build thread

sounds like you might have some stale fuel from sitting at the shop for a year
Shad filled it with 10 gallons of 94 to tune it since we have 93 here. It was just really low when it got here. I feel like an idiot but It still wasn’t on total empty when testing it. On first drive, I pulled next to a panamera gt3 at a stop light. Guess who won?:biggrin:

If one of the contributing problems truly was caused by fuel pick-up by the AEM pump as you noted in post #286 , you might want to address that problem. Fuel starvation at idle or mid load is not a problem. A bout of fuel starvation under WOT could potentially have you doing another engine rebuild. If you have since concluded that the problems were not caused by loss of fuel supply, then soldier on!

Last edited:
If one of the contributing problems truly was caused by caused by fuel pick-up by the AEM pump as you noted in post #286 , you might want to address that problem. Fuel starvation at idle or mid load is not a problem. A bought of fuel starvation under WOT could potentially have you doing another engine rebuild. If you have since concluded that the problems were not caused by loss of fuel supply, then soldier on!
I’m still in the testing phase bud. I have put less than 2 miles on it so far. I completely appreciate your insight and look forward to any other recommendations you may have. I just need more seat time to know what is going on. I am taking baby steps with the car. But damn, what a fun drive it was today! This build costed me big bucks and I am stepping into it like a frozen lake on thin ice. I really appreciate everyone’s feedback here, truely. All the issues with the ems 2 I am having, I never read anything about it here. Kinda like fake news sometimes. I’ll take it out again soon and take video.

If one of the contributing problems truly was caused by caused by fuel pick-up by the AEM pump as you noted in post #286 , you might want to address that problem. Fuel starvation at idle or mid load is not a problem. A bought of fuel starvation under WOT could potentially have you doing another engine rebuild. If you have since concluded that the problems were not caused by loss of fuel supply, then soldier on!
+1

Was thinking the exact same thing. At the track I try to keep it above half a tank of gas. Worse case, it gets down to 2/3 empty. Having air pockets in your fuel system is a timebomb waiting to happen at WOT.

Just a friendly reminder.

Glad it was a simple gas fill-up issue!

Glad that's fixed! Now let's see some video at WOT!
I’ll take some once I get it registered here. It is a freakin monster. I may as well take the audio out of the car at this point.

Update: I got the stalling issue fixed. Shad told me to adjust the IDLE a little bit higher and viola. Now the rpms do not dip way low to near stalling on throttle lift. The car is rock solid at idle and in boost. The gauge art file has been updated and everything is reading correctly thanks to Chris @gaugeart. I just received my ct sway bar bushing today in the mail so I will try and install those tomorrow. Damn this car is fast and it just sounds mean as hell. I can still smell the coolant burning off from the cats and muffler. I wonder how long that’ll take to burn out? It smells something awful. Videos to follow soon.

Last edited:
FYI, for anyone looking to add the ctsc to their nsx, the new W100AX whipple that CT is offering is almost completely whine free. I am amazed at how little I hear it over my last Lysholm blower and that one was pretty quiet. The only time I hear it is at full 9 lb boost and it’s very faint even then. The sight glass feature is also very cool. These superchargers just keep getting better.

Technically not part of the build. But it will damn sure make my garage comfortable to work in when doing car related stuff.View attachment 151359

I do HVAC/R for a living. Been doing it since 97. The Mitsubishi units were one of the first ductless mini split systems and currently the only ones that come standard with motorized inner and outer motorized airflow vanes. This helps A LOT by moving air around. They’re the best of the best and I have installed Fujitsu, Diaken, LG, etc. Not the cheapest, but you get what ya pay for...
I did an oversized unit at 2 tons.

A/C for when the dog is in the garage watching you comfortably from his Costco bed. I love it. 
You see much... Notice the couch in the garage for the 3 pups. Lol.

As for this Exedy clutch, It definitely shudders in first. But I am going very easy on it to break it in. I know that once it is broken in and I pop the clutch, this baby is gonna go. But I also know I am going to hate driving this car in traffic.:rolleyes:

Back