• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jon @ Acura of Lynnwood ROCKS! :D

Just wanted to show my thanks / appreciation for Jon Lai (sp?) at Acura of Lynnwood for taking special care and interest in my car. I had recently lowered my car and went in for a simple alignment. Come back later to find out that Jon had done some "extra" work to my car.

The week prior I had installed a Taitec Parallel exhaust that I bought used. Unfortunately FedEx had dropped the thing during shipping which caused this totally unsightly dent on the tip

picture.php

Well I pounded it out as best I could with a hammer and dolly, but you could still tell there was a defect there. Anyway I was talking to Jon about mods and stuff and briefly mentioned/pointed that out in passing.

When I came to pick up the car, Jon said "I did some extra work to your car come check it out". We walk out and I see that he had completely fixed the dent in the tip! He had knocked out the rest of the dent, grinded, smoothed and contoured the tip and it looked GREAT! I was super happy and very pleasantly surprised obviously. :) How often is it that you take your car in for service and get back MORE then what you expect?? Definitely was a first for me!

That goes the same for the rest of the team (Rick, Jamie, and of course Charles). Been there just once before and everyone knew me by my first name, and made me feel really welcome/comfortable. Even bumped into Arnon while I was there. Anyway, these guys are top notch, prompt, great follow-up, great price and the free service loaner car is always super helpful as well.

Anyway just wanted to say "thanks"!!

Albert

Good to hear your positive experience at Acura of Lynnwood!
Unlike Arnon's experience at Zanhtech, which wasn't pleasant so what I heard. Lets just say that he paid for something that wasn't neccessary. I will leave it as that, but Arnon can chime in if he wants to be up front about the experience.
I have heard more than once of bad experiences at Zanhtech. Which made me think twice of going there. But on the other hand, Jon at Acura of Lynnwood been excellent and now that we have Charles I will definitly go there for sure.

All 24 of the valves needed adjustment on the vehicle in question...if Arnon wants a refund for the work performed he can surely have one. :)

I sincerely doubt Acura of Lynwood would make such an offer (nor should they) on work that was most definitely needed and performed.

JZ

And Kudos to Jon for going the extra mile on the exhaust repair.:biggrin:

Last edited:
All 32 of the valves needed adjustment on the vehicle in question...if Arnon wants a refund for the work performed he can surely have one.

I sincerely doubt Acura of Lynwood would make such an offer (nor should they) on work that was most definitely needed and performed.

JZ

32 valves, John?? :confused: :biggrin:

Being local guys to Lynnwood Acura, and been helped by JZ 'NUMEROUS' times. I just wanted to say that there's no need to put any of these 2 great shops down.

I had never taken my nsx to Lynnwood Acura, but my experience with my wife's TL is less than satisfy and I'll leave it as that.

Last edited:
24 Sorry :frown: I just get upset when somebody publicly accuses me of being a lier when I have quit working places in the past because people that worked there were cheating customers, and I cannot and will not be a party to that behavior.

JZ

I can say I've had lots of good experiences at both shops in my almost 5 years of NSX ownership. Acura of Lynnwood is a bit pricey for the work and out of the way for me now, but Jon is a great mechanic and he's always gone above and beyond. I've been using Zahntech since he started and once again, he's always gone the extra mile for me. In all of my dealings with him he's always been straight up, fair and honest. If there was any sort of misunderstanding about John's work I know he would stand behind it. Period. Also, I don't lend my endorsement of people or things easily, see my sig. :biggrin:

Guys, lets just take a chill pill, of all I known: Dan's a great guy, John's also a great guy and a knowlegable mechanic (Few people I will let touch my car, PERIOD.) Lets just say there's reason that Arnon bit his tongue and not say anything bad about John's work.

On the bright side, I'll join you guys at Mt. Baker drive. If you guys want to take it "outside", I'll bring my video cam. :biggrin::tongue:

Ha HA the only thing I'm taking outside is my car to head up the hill to Mt Baker!!

It's my first and foremost goal to provide quality service to the NSX community.

As the beginning of this thread would indicate, that's the goal Of Jon up at AOL too.:smile:

Hope to see you all this Sunday.

JZ

Gosh, it's like one digital bitch slap after another. Each addressing everyone, bot not eachother... :rolleyes:

Back