• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suspension JRZ RS Coilovers

I have a new set of JRZ RS coilovers. Some history... I met Jon Martin many years ago. I had heard of JRZ but I thought that the price-point was out of this world ridiculous and couldn't justify the expense. Then, one day after a meet in HB, we went for some wings in Costa Mesa. He gave me the opportunity to drive an NSX with JRZ's installed. Holy - moly. Talk about the expression "It handles like it's on rails." That day, I knew where the extra money went. I know they can be dialed custom but that was setting, whatever it was, blew my mind anddd the ride was great!

Later, I came across ... well, I forgot the guys' name but his family owned Planet Acura and he drove a silver NSX, I believe. He had mounted the coilovers, had the car on jack stands and removed them. Put them back in the box. Decided to sell them and I bought them. I believe this was the time when the economy tanked and I hope I'm mistaken but I believe that the dealership closed it's door. I'm not 100% but I believe that he sold his ride too. Those of you that have been around longer or actually know him, will know.

Anyway, I'm looking to liquidate some of my toys - raising money for a business venture. I'll end up buying new ones, so no big deal. Um, I looked up cost and the only place I see them for sale is Evasive Motorsports. MSRP is $4810, they sell them for $4569.50. Add sales tax of 8.25% and you are up to $4946.48. I don't know what shipping is but let's say it will hit $5,000.00, out-the-door. I'd pay extra for insurance on that shipment, too. The box gets pretty beat up during shipping. Since he never drove them and I never installed them, I figure save the buyer $750.00 so the sell price is $4250.00. I think there's a new set (Pro) for around $5200, I think? Those have the canister, external if you prefer that (look on Page 2 or 3). I have seen used ones for less but how do gauge miles on used ones? I don't know. There's certain things I'll buy used but not others. Everyone's different, that's just my take. Maybe you can get your car corner balanced with the savings, if you are a hardcore perfectionist or track your car.

I know it's a lot of money but you'll be convinced if you know someone that has them and experience it. You'll see. I've lowered many cars the "economical" way and the "right" way. Suspension is not thing I'll sacrifice. In fact, I have a set of Volk TE37 in an 18/19 configuration. I'm willing to trade for a 17/18 configuration...I would say plus cash but mine have some imperfections so to bring them to tip-top perfect, you or I will have to take them in. Therefore, I'm totally cool with a straight trade, across the board. If you have concave, I'll be really interested but I am open. My tires though have virtually no wear, super deep grooves on Falkens. So, my point is I'm looking for more tire, less rim - at the sacrifice of killerrr looks. I'll put the wheels in a different thread. Hit me up via email, subject "JRZ" at [email protected]

I have them at a different location, boxed up, other than where I live so on my next trip there, I'll take a few snapshots of those beauties for you to see.

Back