• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just bought a 97 NSX - Thanks NSXPrime

Hi,

I recently purchased a 97 Red/Black NSX-T, full options, 33K miles, in great condition, for $56K. Purchased sight-unseen (other than some digital pics) from Indianapolis, shipped to Los Angeles, with the help of NSXPrime members. I'm posting this message to thank everyone involved.

First, thanks to NSXPrime (Lud) - this is an incredible site. If you would have asked me 2.5 months ago if I had any interest in an NSX, I would have said "No way". I was only able to educate myself so quickly about these great cars by reading the detailed NSXPrime FAQ (I pretty much read every FAQ/subsection).

The active NSXPrime forum manned by members who are knowledgeable and courteous helped give me the feeling that there was a "safety net"-- people with advice if something went wrong, and people to brainstorm with about modifications. Having come from a strong and well organized national/internet car club I realized how powerful having something like this would be.

NSXPrime helped me to hook up with key individuals that made the whole thing happened - first, a major thanks to Joel Zoldessy, who did weeks worth of hand-holding to help answer my questions and quell my uncertainties about spending this amount of $$ for a car so quickly after first being turned on to NSX's. All the questions I asked would have worn most people out in the first few days, let alone weeks
smile.gif
. Thanks to Ken Sax, who proactively approached me to hook me up with an NSX owner near the car who could check the car out and save me a plane flight. And a big thanks to Chris Mundy, who took time off work to check out the car and take it for a drive to make sure the car seemed right.

In case this might help someone, the car was shipped here by "National Auto Purchasing and Transportation" 800-693-0119. The price from Indianapolis to Los Angeles was around $1100. It took about 6 days to make it out here.

Thanks again all,
Marc
97 NSX-T
95 Eclipse GSX 11.81 @ 119mph

[This message has been edited by SpeedDemon (edited 18 October 2000).]

Congratulations on the new car! Hearing a story like that is what makes running the site worthwhile.

Hey, congrats on your wise purchase and welcome to the wonderful world for NSXing!

Brentwood, eh? I'll probably see ya around town. Spotting your '97 red/black NSX-T will be like looking in a mirror...

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Thanks to Ken Sax, who proactively approached me to hook me up with an NSX owner near the car who could check the car out and save me a plane flight

Congratulations!

I'd be happy to do the same again for anyone else who's considering buying a car from a distance.

Thanks everyone.

Just solved one of my problems via the FAQ (little electric buzzing sound - isolated it as being the little temperature sensor fan in the dash). Still have a few to go (1 rattle, 1 out of commission center speaker which from the FAQ sounds like it could be the amp, etc). It sounds like the few problems these cars have tend to happen on many cars & are documented..

Anyone thinking of buying a car long-distance without making the plane trip out, feel free to email me, I'm happy to help.

Originally posted by akira3d:
Brentwood, eh? I'll probably see ya around town. Spotting your '97 red/black NSX-T will be like looking in a mirror...

We'll have to hook up some time - we not only have the same color car & live in the same area, we also work in the same industry. (I'm an Exec. Producer @ Activision)

Best,
Marc
97 NSX-T
95 Eclipse GSX 11.81 @ 119mph

Originally posted by SpeedDemon:
we not only have the same color car & live in the same area, we also work in the same industry

That does it...I'll e-mail you privately in a few.

BTW, I work with someone who owns a '97 black/black NSX-T (license plate: N Cortex) who ALSO lives in Brentwood and happens to be named Mark. Weird!

It gets weirder... My name is Marc and I live in west LA also. Akira 3D and I are friends. I have a 94 NSX. We should all meet in Brentwood sometime.

-Marc

[This message has been edited by Flying Low (edited 18 October 2000).]

Hey Eric, why don't you set up a Sat. or Sun. drive to Malibu again. I missed it last time and I've been itching to go for a long drive. It doen't have to be official NSXCA dirve, just something for our local guys to meet and enjoy the beautiful senic drive up the coast.

Sometime in December maybe? By then, I think my chaotic work schedule will be over.

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited 19 October 2000).]

Originally posted by Jay:
Hey Eric, why don't you set up a Sat. or Sun. drive to Malibu again. Sometime in December maybe

Not a half bad idea...though I'm not so sure I want to go through the trouble of organizing one of these events while I'm so busy with work. I'll be working long hours probably through the end of November, so December does seem a reasonable time for such a drive...assuming the weather is good.

We actually went to Santa Barbara last time...and it was a cool drive. Hey Marcs, what do you think?

I know there are quite a few local S2K guys who are looking for a drive in a similar time frame. I'll keep my eye on their forums and see what they come up with...so we can crash their party
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 19 October 2000).]

...though I'm not so sure I want to go through the trouble of organizing one of these events while I'm so busy with work. We actually went to Santa Barbara last time...

Why don't you use the same route and planning as last time? Just set up the date.

S.B. sounds good to me.

Originally posted by akira3d:
I'll be working long hours probably through the end of November, so December does seem a reasonable time for such a drive...assuming the weather is good.

We actually went to Santa Barbara last time...and it was a cool drive. Hey Marcs, what do you think?

I know there are quite a few local S2K guys who are looking for a drive in a similar time frame.

Sounds good. Let's take this to email since it only impacts locals.. As for going anywhere with S2000's... NOT
smile.gif

Marc

Back