• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just bought that 2001 Coupe.

Well, it seems that doubts about my intelligence have once again been confirmed -- the reality is an ugly one indeed. Tomorrow, I will pick up a 2001 Coupe. I traded my GARAGE QUEEN Monaco Blue 2000T with 6000 miles on it to my dealer here in Arizona, and they arranged for a dealer trade for the red/black coupe in Redwood City. From the very start, I wanted a late model coupe, but I just didn't have the patience to order one and wait.

With Acura's incentive, the Coupe was actually a good deal. At least, that's what I keep telling my Wife from my new suite at the Marriot. I swore to her that my Blue T was the last, the greatest, the veritable pinnacle of my automotive pursuits, and that I would now, at long last, be content. Forgot to tell her there was only one car that I still secretly dreamed about in the wee small hours of morning -- the purist's car -- the 3.2, 6 speed Coupe.

This may very well be the last of the new coupes in the Country. Will somebody please contact my wife and tell her this was a good decision? That no vtec loving man could have restisted the temptation? PLEASE?

Congratulations!

Don't forget, you have to change your avatar now.
biggrin.gif

haha, funny story ;-) I imagine your choice was due to Acura's cut rate deals on the remaining 2001s.

Don't tell her it's the pinnacle of your automotive search! There are still mods to be had! Always set expectations low ;-)

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

Hi Mike,
Congratulations on your rare '01 coupe. I probably would have gotten a coupe instead of the targa if they were more readily available and, like you, I didn't want to wait. Besides, the coupe would have been just as much as the targa because I wouldn't have got as much off sticker on the coupe because the dealer would have had to special order it. It sure seems you didn't keep your targa for very long! Acura must really love you, didn't I just read that you just got a TL-Type S also? Just wondering how much more did you have to pay for your coupe over your targa in case I decide to do the same thing? Does your coupe have the black roof or body color roof? Let us know if you can feel a big difference in acceleration and handling over the targa. Nice to hear from you again, Calvin.

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

I originall wanted a white coupe, but the only 2001 available had the auto tranny and I wanted the 6 speed. I got the T and swore I would never remove the roof panel.......I took it off on the way home from the dealership !!

Congrats and lots of luck !

Congrats on the coupe. As for myself, I'm glad I got the T. I love rollin' in my G-ride pimp style. It's so cool!! J/K
tongue.gif

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

UPDATE

Just arrived home from Redwood City with my new Coupe. Richard and Michael Andrews at Hopkins Acura were top notch -- they are extremely knowledgable about the NSX and were a true pleasure to deal with. I would recommend Hopkins without reservation to anyone interested in a smooth, no nonsense transaction. Also, Ray, the Sales Manager at Scottsdale Acura put the deal together for me, and I cannot thank him enough. He made very little money on the deal, but went to bat for me in what became a pretty complicated transaction. These gentlemen are an honor to the profession and Acura should be thankful that they have them.

The car is a gem -- super solid, really quick and I love the shade of red. Having just traded out of my T (and driven the Coupe 752 miles home), I can report that there is a noticeable difference in chassis feel over rough pavement between the Coupe and the T. I do not imply that there was a lot of flex in the T with the roof on, but I do, nontheless, sense a difference.

Calvin, my new Coupe has the black top, and it looks just like that beautiful coupe that you sold a while back. I think I fell in love with that combo when I saw yours! Hopkins told me that they had ordered the body colored roof, but the order got botched and the car arrived with a black roof. I'm glad, as I prefer the black top -- it seems to me like it's more consistant with the orignal design philosophy.

With Acura's incentive, I didn't have to pony up much cash to make the deal happen, but I did have to work for awhile to make the trade work. It seems that a lot of dealers are a little hesitant to shell out money for a late model T when the refreshed version is on the doorstep. FYI, there was a $10,000 difference in the quotes I got for my car from various dealers for my T. Moral of the story is shop around, and look real close at selling your car to a private party before you sell or trade to a dealer.

I searched and the white coupe at Greenwich is a 6-speed. You can tell an auto coupe by the VIN. JH4NA123 is a coupe and JH4NA126 is a T.
JH4NA213 is a coupe and JH4NA216 is a T with a 6-speed. The Zanardi is JH4NA212.
This is for the 2001 model.
So anyone looking for a white coupe 6-speed call Greenwich. It's the only 2001 coupe in the whole USA.
wink.gif

Thanks for your reply Mike. Glad you made it back safely from the dealership. I was just wondering what incentive Acura has on the '01 NSX because I don't see it listed at edmunds.com. I also would like to know what you think of the '02 NSX with the fixed headlights and would you consider trading/selling/keeping your '01 NSX for the new generation in '04 if you like the styling, engine and so on. I wonder how many on this board would make the change also. I tried to private you but your email address seems to be different from what is posted. Hope to hear from you soon and tell us how you like your coupe so far in the short time that you've owned it.

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

Congrats,

I pass by it often and just noticed that it was recently gone! I was curious what had happened, I'm glad that it went to somone "in the family".

Have fun!

Kevin

Whatever happened to [MENTION=4042]DeHaldaswerth[/MENTION] and his choice posts?

Great question Yinzer, but a 21 year post bump might be going for the record :biggrin:

PS; we miss you here!

Ha! I remember that guy's posts from ~10 years ago being rather intriguing...then he disappeared!

I miss coming to Prime regularly and feeding off all the constant activity. Maybe with a little luck Facebook will shut down for a year and give us all the chance to reconnect more in real life and in forums like this, like the good old days! I don't know if the majority of blame for the slowdown in Prime rests on Facebook's shoulders but I think a lot of it does!

well the car enthusiasts should take a look at the stock price (meta) lately and come back to prime...I'm always ready to kibitz...

All of the forums are dying off, not just Prime. I'm still active on a few of them and they all have the same feel. This one is actually pretty active for such a small community. Pre-social media I was on some smaller forums that would have 10-20 posts a day, now there are 3-4 a month.

Hellcat.org is still going strong.....it has the right demographic for a forum..

All of the forums are dying off, not just Prime. I'm still active on a few of them and they all have the same feel. This one is actually pretty active for such a small community. Pre-social media I was on some smaller forums that would have 10-20 posts a day, now there are 3-4 a month.

With the new admin/mod team, Prime has really picked up compared to recent years past. We're working hard to make sure Prime is around for the long term. However, I agree with your point. I think forums are losing some of the social interaction that has been replaced by social media. Frankly, social media does social a lot better than forums. Nevertheless, I think forums will have a place in the car community because they do everything else better than social media (except perhaps marketplace). Prime, like the others that survive, will become more of an online car club atmosphere versus a social gathering place. Though, I really do hope our members stay social- I've made some great friends here.

Back