• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got back from Revenge of the Sith

After waiting in line for 2 days we finally got to see it! It is an amazing movie but also one of the saddest movies I have ever seen...

Arshad said:
Cool! I'm looking forward to it... checking it out this afternoon at 2pm!

just about to leave the office to meet up with 9 other guys (we're all attending "doctor's appointments" for a 10AM showing.

I just hope against hope it's better than the last two.

Da Hapa said:
just about to leave the office to meet up with 9 other guys (we're all attending "doctor's appointments" for a 10AM showing.

I just hope against hope it's better than the last two.

Bahahahahah! :biggrin:

Hehe. Luckily, I work for a "geeky" company, so they're officially sending the entire SW dept (a few hundred folk) to the theater where we've rented out the entire place for our showing. Best part is they pay for the movie+popcorn+drink too :D Speaking of which, it's time to head out!

My wife and I let our 3 boys skip school so that we could all go watch it today. There were so many kids there... can't believe there are so many irresponsible parents :biggrin:

vtecNSX1 said:
After waiting in line for 2 days we finally got to see it! It is an amazing movie but also one of the saddest movies I have ever seen...

That takes ballz to be able to admit to being "one of those geeks" who waits in line for a movie for more then 24 hours :biggrin:

Hope it was worth the wait!!! :tongue:

maybe I don't get it, but why wouldn't you just wait until online sales of tickets go on sale? if you are willing to wait 2 days, why not spend the extra dollar or two for fandango tickets?

EssTooKayTD said:
maybe I don't get it, but why wouldn't you just wait until online sales of tickets go on sale? if you are willing to wait 2 days, why not spend the extra dollar or two for fandango tickets?
We purchased ours online three weeks ago and still waited in line for 10+ hours. The 4 theatres were sold out for the 12:01AM showing.

91 X said:
That takes ballz to be able to admit to being "one of those geeks" who waits in line for a movie for more then 24 hours :biggrin:

Hope it was worth the wait!!! :tongue:

I wonder if Conan's dog 'Triumph' was on the scene again?

http://www.milkandcookies.com/article/924/

If you've never seen this, you are missing out! Click on the picture when the page loads and be prepared to laugh your can off. :biggrin:

I did buy my tickets online. We werent waiting in line for tickets we were waiting to get the good seats and stuff. Were not really that geeky but we do love star wars and its a fun experience, plus its the last one so it wont happen again. Ya ive seen the triumph skit on tv it was pretty funny. Actually when we were waiting there werent as many geeks as i thought there would be and there were also a lot of girls there, i was pretty surprised.

OK so how do you download for free? You computer geeks, cough it up do computer idiots like me!!! :biggrin:

Hahahahahahaha..heheheheheh....I got you all beat. I saw it Tuesday morning at work for free...no waiting in line or anything. They were playing it all day at our screening theatre. I enjoyed it, but it did suck though.... :redface:

well... i actually really enjoyed it.

we bought our 10 tickets on fandango a while back but there were still big lines. the spectrum seems to be showing it every hour or so and there were 6 lines at all times outside the theatre.

luckily one of our group got there early and saved the other 9 seats so we had great seats for the big screen.

nicholas421 said:
My wife and I let our 3 boys skip school so that we could all go watch it today. There were so many kids there... can't believe there are so many irresponsible parents :biggrin:
I was going to be irresposible too, but my kids said I had to go to work. :biggrin:

Got a free ticket last night. Anything for love... :biggrin:

I saw it today. Excellent movie. Really enjoyed it. By FAR the best of the prequels. Now if he would only make 7,8,9 :)

1768879-diapo_314.jpg

The movie was entertaining, I'll just leave it at that.

matteni said:

Heh, yeah. There's a DVD copy of it going around (which I also have) but I still suggest that if you want to watch the movie, go to the theatre for the full experience. I only watch the DVD copy to pick up on little bits of info that I may have missed out in the theatre :tongue:

I went to a 10am showing today. It was me and maybe 10 other people in the theater. No kids, no yakkers, no cell phones ringing, etc.

Anyway, not bad. Definitely the best of the prequels. I give Lucas credit for telling the hard story that he'd established in episodes 4-6 - ie, pretty much everyone dies.

I want him to make one more Start Wars movie. I want to see episode 3.5 - what happens in the 20 years between the end of this movie and the beginning of ANH.

Back