• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just Got Into a Car Accident... Good Body Shop in LA?

FML!!!! i just got into a car accident. i'm ok, but my baby is not. front bumper, right front fender, rims... it hurts...

anyone know of any good reliable body shop in LA???

sorry to hear that. Nobody beats Marcos Body Shop in San Gabriel.

FML!!!! i just got into a car accident. i'm ok, but my baby is not. front bumper, right front fender, rims... it hurts...

anyone know of any good reliable body shop in LA???

If no frame damage. Take it to mike vu at MVDesignz in Santa Ana. They do top notch work. They painted my entire car and fixed the flaws in the body kit. Tell them Jeff sent ya. Good luck.

Southbay area- Sixteen Customs in Gardena or Bravo Collision in Torrance

OC area- MV Designs

SGV and other areas then you can go by giftedg's recommendations.

thanks for the suggestions guys. after much thought, and talking to my insurance company, i went to one of the body shop they recommended. if there is anything else wrong afterwards or unexpected charges, the insurance will cover everything. if i go anywhere else, it comes out of my own pocket... my deductible is $1000. damn... i should've lowered it.

the shop i took it to is called Precise Auto Body at 5610 Hollywood Blvd. the guy seemed to know wassup with nsx and said i can get my rim repaired and alignment redone. what sucks is i just came back from darin for alignment. another gut shot was i had the CCU fixed and i heard a fizzing sound after the accident. i turned on the AC today and no cold air blew out... it even made a bad crank sound when i first turned it on after the accident. fml. seriously.... i love my baby and this really hurts...

thanks for the suggestions guys. after much thought, and talking to my insurance company, i went to one of the body shop they recommended. if there is anything else wrong afterwards or unexpected charges, the insurance will cover everything. if i go anywhere else, it comes out of my own pocket... my deductible is $1000. damn... i should've lowered it.

the shop i took it to is called Precise Auto Body at 5610 Hollywood Blvd. the guy seemed to know wassup with nsx and said i can get my rim repaired and alignment redone. what sucks is i just came back from darin for alignment. another gut shot was i had the CCU fixed and i heard a fizzing sound after the accident. i turned on the AC today and no cold air blew out... it even made a bad crank sound when i first turned it on after the accident. fml. seriously.... i love my baby and this really hurts...

You likely suffered a leak..look at one of the condensors where it was hit. Regardless, insurance will cover to replace it and recharge it. Too bad, you likely could have a new CCU through them too, LOL.

Jeff

Dang man, sorry to hear that! I hadn't even seen it yet :(. Well hopefully it will get fixed up quickly and you'll be back on the road. Just be meticulous when checking out the car after the work is complete!

You likely suffered a leak..look at one of the condensors where it was hit. Regardless, insurance will cover to replace it and recharge it. Too bad, you likely could have a new CCU through them too, LOL.

Jeff

damn you're right... argh! $180 for CCU fix, $120 for alignment, and the time involved for all those things just down the drain... sigh...

i messed up the front right corner (right front fender, bumper, rims). is that where the condensors are placed?

and yeah dreamer... sucks! well hope it comes back in the same look at style as before and it won't affect the feel of the car.

the only plus side of it is... the guy noticed right away that my paint job was done poorly in the front, so i guess i'll be getting new pieces and a good paint job with it. also, the rim was really dented and scratched, so i hope they will have that fixed through insurance. arghhhhhhhh

Umm, I think in the state of CA you have the right to choose whatever body shop you want and the insurance has to pay for it. . . :confused:

I dont know what year your nsx is but maybe you can get a face lift out of it if your car is a early model

That's what I did when I hit a tire tread. Did the 02 oem nose that is more forgiving than fiberglass. And yes the two condensors are located in the bumper...Small mouths on each side. I agree think u have the right to choose your own body shop.
Jeff

Umm, I think in the state of CA you have the right to choose whatever body shop you want and the insurance has to pay for it. . . :confused:

I actually think that might be a nation wide thing. At least all the states I've lived in. I don't think it would be right if you could only go where they wanted you to.

sorry about the confusion. of course i can go anywhere i want. it's just that if i do, and there are things the body shop over looks or additional problems, the insurance company will not pay anymore.

hmmm... u guys suggest me getting the 02+ front bumper? i still want to keep the flip lights tho... would that work? any pics?

I'm sorry to hear that buddy. hopefully it all gets resolved soon. have an eta for when the car will be finished? here are a few pics i dug up from my collection...(i believe you have the GT-Vs right? if anything your car will look like this if you end up with the 02 front bumper)

:biggrin:

Last edited:
sorry about the confusion. of course i can go anywhere i want. it's just that if i do, and there are things the body shop over looks or additional problems, the insurance company will not pay anymore.

hmmm... u guys suggest me getting the 02+ front bumper? i still want to keep the flip lights tho... would that work? any pics?

Take the opportunity to do what YOU want..it's ok to have them leave it pre-accident as well. At least you know the paint will/should be of better quality. I chose to do the 02 oem nose versus the Marga Hills fiberglass nose due to the fact that I wanted a more driveable car...less overhang. I also wanted something with a better fitment. Mike at MVDesignz fitted everything up very nicely. I have no regrets and wouldn't go back.

Jeff

Last edited:
o wow. that car looks nice! eta is about 2 weeks after the parts arrive. they said it takes about 3 days or so since nsx parts are hard to find.

so i can just ask them to order the 02+ front bumper? would it fit my 97 without any problems? the fenders will need to be reordered as well as the bottom portion of the bumper. please advise~~~

also, anyone on facebook?

o wow. that car looks nice! eta is about 2 weeks after the parts arrive. they said it takes about 3 days or so since nsx parts are hard to find.

so i can just ask them to order the 02+ front bumper? would it fit my 97 without any problems? the fenders will need to be reordered as well as the bottom portion of the bumper. please advise~~~

also, anyone on facebook?

02+ front bumpers are made for the 02+ headlights and hood...If you want the look of the 02+ front bumper with the popup headlights i would advise on getting the mode 4 02+ ver. front bumper. that you can use with the 91-01 hood/lights/fenders. all you need is the aftermarket front and that's it if you're wondering.

anyway, 2 weeks sounds good cause we all should be with an nsx and ready to roll! march looks promising for all of us, i'm hoping...:rolleyes:

thanks! and yeah.... i can't wait!

oh, my friend was also saying clear fender lights cuz the orange is ugly. what do u guys think? where can i get that? got links? pics?

I'm still confused with this statement. . if you bring it to a body shop of YOUR choice and that body shop finds additional problems that weren't originally in the first Insurance estimate, then it is the responsibility of the Insurance company to pay for it and make the car to it's original factory spec.
If it is repaired to a half done job and it's unsafe, then the insurance company could be held liable for not paying to have it properly repaired should you get into another accident and get injured.

Now, if you want to do aftermarket stuff instead of the original parts, I could see why you would pay additional (but you shouldn't, because most aftermarket parts are cheaper than original OEM parts).

I'm still confused with this statement. . if you bring it to a body shop of YOUR choice and that body shop finds additional problems that weren't originally in the first Insurance estimate, then it is the responsibility of the Insurance company to pay for it and make the car to it's original factory spec.
If it is repaired to a half done job and it's unsafe, then the insurance company could be held liable for not paying to have it properly repaired should you get into another accident and get injured.

I think his insurance adjuster was just creative with words. I've had sooo many situations...unfortunately :( that I've heard it all. In the end, one can take their car WHEREVER they want and if the bodyshop finds things that weren't covered in the original estimate they do a "supplement charge" which is where they tell the insurance that they found more damage and 9 times outta 10 if it was ACTUALLY caused by the incident the insurance will pay up.

anyway, 2 weeks sounds good cause we all should be with an nsx and ready to roll! march looks promising for all of us, i'm hoping...:rolleyes:

That makes two of us hoping!:frown:

shoot... now i'm thinking twice about going to where they offered... but then again, i did a review search of this place and talked to the guy. he seems very knowledgeable and trustworthy. plus it was very close to my house. plus, if i find anything else wrong with the work, i can always bitch and get it fixed.

he is suppose to call me soon. i will update with total damages and details...

shoot... now i'm thinking twice about going to where they offered... but then again, i did a review search of this place and talked to the guy. he seems very knowledgeable and trustworthy. plus it was very close to my house. plus, if i find anything else wrong with the work, i can always bitch and get it fixed.

he is suppose to call me soon. i will update with total damages and details...

Yeah man, just go with your gut. Just for next time, keep in mind you can go anywhere you want.

Back