• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just hit 2k miles in the Type S, my observations and pics

I've been trying to drive my new NSX essentially every chance I get, albeit a tad difficult due to my busy work and life schedule but I'm absolutely loving it! Had the pleasure to put almost 500 miles on it this past weekend driving to an event out in LI, NY called, "The Bridge." Happy to have been accepted as it's invite only and was the only Japanese car there. I had my Zanardi there last year, flanked by an incredible 3k mile LBBP 2005 and a few FLA's. https://www.thebridgehamptons.com/

I have to say driving the NSX through NYC and Brooklyn was interesting to say the least. Pot holes the size of Kei cars! I was stuck in rush hour traffic on the GWB, thumbs ups from everyone. Anyways the NSX received a warm welcome and wasn't out of place. People genuinely loved it.

A few observations I've noticed.

My brakes are super squeaky, not sure if anyone else has this problem. I have the standard brakes and they are very loud, borderline obnoxious. I suppose I can have them looked at during my first oil change visit in a few months. Crazy to think, it will be a year in Feb.

The gas tank is super tiny, I find myself filling the tank a lot. Needless to say, I've been driving it super aggressive so it's to be expected.

The trunk is comical at best. My wife and I packed for this weekends voyage and it wasn't easy. While I'm cool with a tiny travel bag, the misses had to really make some tough outfit decisions regarding what to pack.

The seats are amazing, I drove home nearly 5 hours and didn't feel cramped on exhausted. The A/C is great and I love the vent to the right of my knee on the center console.

While the front lip isn't too low, you need to be careful of the rear diffuser. I managed to chip mine leaving a Cars and Coffee event. Essentially just a little clear coat on a fin but it still bothered me.

Overall, I couldn't be happier and look forward to a lifelong ownership experience. I feel bad for the Zanardi as I have only driven it once since the arrival of the Type S, although I have driven the S2000 a good bit.

Next up, installation of the illuminated door sills when I do the first service and I've been toying with the idea of the SOS exhaust if it works with a Type S. I'm in no rush so I'm sure it will in due time. I bought the oem car cover so it will be nice and cozy for winter.

Attachments

• IMG_9903.jpg
    IMG_9903.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 87
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 84
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9805.jpg
    IMG_9805.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 82
  • EB4DE8F9-C7FB-4F63-A273-E2ABFEACB595.JPG
    EB4DE8F9-C7FB-4F63-A273-E2ABFEACB595.JPG
    401.5 KB · Views: 84
Nice ...Mike...I wish the racetrack was still there...

Nice ...Mike...I wish the racetrack was still there...

A lot of the older guys remember and reminisced about the track being there

I have the standard brakes as well and don't have any squeaks at all. Hopefully you can get the issue resolved.
How many miles do you have? Mine started at 1500 or so

I have 3,100 miles (I drive it all the time). I will say I've never been hard on the brakes though. I'll get on them hard, but only once in a while, never giving them a chance to heat up to anything like a track temperature. (I "exercise" the engine quite a bit more than the brakes))

Thanks for sharing and I am glad you are getting to enjoy it. The Zanardi deserves some use too.
I do my best to get the NSX, LC500 Convertible and my new Lucid GT-Performance out once a week. The LC didn't get out this week but 2 rides in the new Lucid.

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 58
While my carbon fiber rear diffuser is different from yours, I also experienced getting it scrapped. I found that keeping the car in Sport allows more travel then in Sport+. When I drove over the speed bump, my rear wheels tucked in allowing the diffuser to hit. I tried the same thing but in Sport+ and the rear tires did not tuck in enough for the diffuser to scrap. From that point on I always put the car mode into Sport+ when hitting a speed bump. Makes sense as the dampers travel less (stiffer ride, less comfort).

As for noise brakes, my carbon ceramic rotors can get loud. Every now and then I brake hard to make sure the pad surface is cleaned up. I am sure that humidity plays a part as well. So glad you are enjoying your car. They are supper, and we are all lucky to have them.

Last edited:
I am on my 3rd NC1. All 3 had no squeaky brakes, maybe do one hard stop from 60mph and see if it goes away. My F8 Tributo just started to have squeaky brakes, I just do one hard stop and squeak hasn't returned yet.

I do recommend sprint booster V3, 5 minute install plug and play. It makes the car so much more fun, everytime I turn it off and return to stock setting, the car feels so sluggish in comparison. Theoretically, I can mash throttle as fast as I can to mimic same effect, I tried that and no matter how hard I tried, it can't. I only run it in setting #7 as #9 is way too aggressive.

I have had mine since April, a few differences that are highly noticeable is EV mode is more useful than my two previous NC1, engine doesn't come on easily and you can give it a lot more throttle before engine kick in even with sprint booster on. There is also less of pause/delay off the line when getting out of hole rapidly by just mash the throttle and go.

Only area could be improved for my liking is infotainment responds and more Oomph from 60~130mph (rolling acceleration). On all NC1s I felt Acura/Honda left a lot of performance on the table.

I will be interested in how many folks mod the S...

Thank you guys for actually driving the cars. 🙏🏽 Enjoy them for all of us. Thanks for the write-up.

I am on my 3rd NC1. All 3 had no squeaky brakes, maybe do one hard stop from 60mph and see if it goes away. My F8 Tributo just started to have squeaky brakes, I just do one hard stop and squeak hasn't returned yet.

I do recommend sprint booster V3, 5 minute install plug and play. It makes the car so much more fun, everytime I turn it off and return to stock setting, the car feels so sluggish in comparison. Theoretically, I can mash throttle as fast as I can to mimic same effect, I tried that and no matter how hard I tried, it can't. I only run it in setting #7 as #9 is way too aggressive.

I have had mine since April, a few differences that are highly noticeable is EV mode is more useful than my two previous NC1, engine doesn't come on easily and you can give it a lot more throttle before engine kick in even with sprint booster on. There is also less of pause/delay off the line when getting out of hole rapidly by just mash the throttle and go.

Only area could be improved for my liking is infotainment responds and more Oomph from 60~130mph (rolling acceleration). On all NC1s I felt Acura/Honda left a lot of performance on the table.
Jason do you have a Type-S now?

Thank you for sharing your observations! Although mine is not Type-S, I do find myself driving the NC1 more often than my '98. Perhaps, I am still in the honeymoon stage...

Thank you for sharing your observations! Although mine is not Type-S, I do find myself driving the NC1 more often than my '98. Perhaps, I am still in the honeymoon stage...

Sadly, I think I've driven the old one once. It said, "Thank You" by throwing a check engine light back at me for an O2 sensor. Clearly, she's mad at me.

Back