• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just signed on and this is my first post here

I see how it is Eric...you guys at Naughty dog think you're soooo good.

That's because we are
biggrin.gif

Akira, wanted to ask you how you are liking your IS300? I love the way the exterior and interior looks based on the brochure/pamphlet that I got from Lexus. I bet it gives those 3-series a run for their money! I was looking at that car as a possibility but I think I'm still too young to own a "sport sedan" just yet =)

NSXFury

Originally posted by akira3d:
And when we better GT players race, we make a serious effort to not hit walls or each other.

NSXFury - My friend out here has a new IS300....they are nice! Clear taillights and 3" exhaust stock, and he's going up to the 5". From what I know, they are all manuals though - akira???

As far as power goes, yeah they can give some of the stock 3-series a run for the money. They aren't amazingly quick, but they aren't too slow either. Unless of course you drop a Turbo kit in them, then they'd be sick fun!

The IS300 is fantastic and my wife is ecstatic (she sounds as nutty about it as I do about my NSX). This is a big step up from her Civic - which I now drive as MY daily driver. We were considering the BMW 325 or 330, but neither came close in price to the deal we got from Lexus (2001 models are currently priced to go now that the 2002s have arrived).

All 2001 IS300s were automatic (with the cool wheel mounted sports shift buttons). A 5 speed manual is now available in the 2002 model.

I've temporarily uploaded some digital shots of my wife's IS300:

is300-marinelayer.jpg

is300-front3quarter.jpg

is300-gauges.jpg

is300-inside.jpg

is300-nsx-garage.jpg

I'm still a bit amazed that A) I now own a Lexus (something I had never considered...especially after my expriences with Toyota) and B) I own a four door sedan (something I said that I would never drive). Of course, this is technically my wife's car...and the NSX is all mine
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 20 August 2001).]

I'm kinda like mr. apeltier earlier on this thread...
I havn't even finished college and my desire to own a NSX was just too much... I did the totally irresponsible thing and just got a '94. At the time, I was working for what looked like would be ultra successfull dot-com, but you know whats going on in the market right? Well anyways, I've still managed to keep up with the payments even though I've gotten laid off once now since getting the car...

The one thing I can tell you... I have NO regrets it... I actually enjoy the car even more now than the first 6 months I've had it. Even now, I have no plans of selling it and will do whatever is in my power to keep it running.
smile.gif

I was probably one of the youngest NSX owners when I got it... almost 1 and a half years ago.

If you can't get the NSX yet, you should look for an alternative car that can give you similar enjoyment... (that is if you actually enjoy driving fast etc.) Get a MR2, AE86, or 240SX or something...

I had a '89 MR2 before the NSX and its a blast! I now have a '87 MR2 as my daily commuter car.

Akira, I want to take your garage and all the pretty toys in it. Damn you

NSXFury

Originally posted by akira3d:

I'm still a bit amazed that A) I now own a Lexus (something I had never considered...especially after my expriences with Toyota) and B) I own a four door sedan (something I said that I would never drive). Of course, this is technically my wife's car...and the NSX is all mine
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 20 August 2001).]

[This message has been edited by NSXFury (edited 20 August 2001).]

I waited, and waited....saved and saved....and then waited some more and I finally had enough to buy my NSX!!!! Let me tell you, pursue your dream and get one!!!! If the next gen is your cup of tea when it comes out and you can afford it or want to save for it go for it, but let me tell you, you won't be dissapointed in the 1st Gen NSX!!! I too have been out of acedemia just for a little while and now live in Dot Com hell so I can relate to your situation. But like others have already told you, get yur life in order before you run out and get the car of your dreams. But after that....go out, have fun, and live life to the fullest....GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Ya know, this is *really* the wrong forum to come to if you're looking for reasons not to get the NSX...all we're gonna do is say you should get one and get it ASAP...

I think all has been said that can be said here....moving on.

Back